Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 14:26   #16
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I have not yet fitted better shackles to my Gypsy or a winch. It is in stock condition with Yoko Geolanders. Will it pass the trail or are the treacherous portions skippable?

I would like to come. This will be my first OTR as you know in the last one, I took a lift with Dwarak Sir.

@Declutch you can hop into my Gypsy.

--Ragul
@Ragul

Thanks a bunch Ragul, will join you for sure. I am already so excited, just cant wait for this sunday .

Ragul: Please mail me your contact details to Deepak.shivanna1@aon.com or i am not sure how to contact you :(

Request to Mods:
I am particularly not sure about posting my mail id, I do not have the previlage of sending a PM. Or can i post my cell number? Please delete my mail id if things not falling in place.
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 00:02   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Guys

I just checked the office weekend calendar and I am scheduled for a 24/7 on-call availability this weekend for tech. escalations. I do it once a month. Therefore I will have to skip this one.

Have a great time all of you.

Declutch - PM'ed you. My apologies. Hope somebody will offer you a lift.

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:23   #18
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

@ Rahul,

Work comes first, i understand your constraints. Still, thanks a bunch for offering me to help.

@ Bhpians,

It's a 'U" turn for me and I am back to where I started, ..looking for a ride and be part of this event. Anyone willing to lend a ride this time or should i just arrive at the meeting point and hope someone will Yelp
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 15:09   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

DeClutch, where do you stay in bangalore?
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 15:23   #20
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

@SVSANTOSH

Firstly, Thank you for the response. I live at 8 mile(Near jalahalli) on Tumkur road. But, i dont mind travelling to any place to join you people.

please mail to deepak.shivanna1@aon.com or 9886207896.

Mods: if posting mobile no is inappropriate, please delete the details.

Thanks,
Deepak Shivanna
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 18:45   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Yikes - that is super FAAR from silkboard!! If you can bike down to BTM layout 2nd stage, there is safe parking outside the Adyar-Anand-Bhavan hotel signal, few guys should take that road to reach silk board, then you can hop on. Else do you mind biking all the way to Hosur?
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 19:31   #22
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Yikes - that is super FAAR from silkboard!! If you can bike down to BTM layout 2nd stage, there is safe parking outside the Adyar-Anand-Bhavan hotel signal, few guys should take that road to reach silk board, then you can hop on. Else do you mind biking all the way to Hosur?
You are definitely right . Geographically, i am put up on the northern entry/exit part of Bangalore

Since, i have the NICE road for rescue..it makes my life a bit easier. I can come to Hosur itself .

I guess, i am more active on this page to grab a ride than the actual particiapants interested in this event!
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 21:16   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeClutch 4X4 View Post
You are definitely right . Geographically, i am put up on the northern entry/exit part of Bangalore

Since, i have the NICE road for rescue..it makes my life a bit easier. I can come to Hosur itself .

I guess, i am more active on this page to grab a ride than the actual particiapants interested in this event!
Deepak,

Take a nice ride on your bull till Hosur, Drop it at SV Santosh's place and hop into some offroader
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 08:24   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

^ Yeah, Rip ur bull till hosur, i will guide to a safe parking spot. Then hop onto any available seat! Dont worry about the count, it is the fear of unknown, coming so faar without knowing if it will be interesting. Dwarak has seen once what this (sort of hosur) terrain can throw at us, so he is interested and so are a few more. Once the report flows, may be next time the count will go up.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 11:28   #25
BHPian
 
ssh1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 106 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Was waiting for some expert company to announce an OTR which I can easily travel upto (will be my first). Upon seeing the link, I quickly formed plans to put up at my friend's in Bangalore for the weekend, and hurriedly opened up the link to confirm participation. Alas, my hopes were shot dead with the "no SUV" requirement :(

But I know enough of this forum to trust the experts, so when you guys say so, it's just an amen to that!

Have fun guys. Will wait to read the report the week after.

PS: mouth-watering track but IS demanding and a LWB and heavy SUV like mine will be damaged. Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 11:47   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Was waiting for some expert company to announce an OTR which I can easily travel upto (will be my first). Upon seeing the link, I quickly formed plans to put up at my friend's in Bangalore for the weekend, and hurriedly opened up the link to confirm participation. Alas, my hopes were shot dead with the "no SUV" requirement :(

But I know enough of this forum to trust the experts, so when you guys say so, it's just an amen to that!

Have fun guys. Will wait to read the report the week after.

PS: mouth-watering track but IS demanding and a LWB and heavy SUV like mine will be damaged. Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
Good thinking. However, we shall evaluate the SUV possibility in the same terrain once we test it with SWB

Better luck next time
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 13:28   #27
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Deepak,

Take a nice ride on your bull till Hosur, Drop it at SV Santosh's place and hop into some offroader
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
^ Yeah, Rip ur bull till hosur, i will guide to a safe parking spot. Then hop onto any available seat! Dont worry about the count, it is the fear of unknown, coming so faar without knowing if it will be interesting. Dwarak has seen once what this (sort of hosur) terrain can throw at us, so he is interested and so are a few more. Once the report flows, may be next time the count will go up.
@dwaraka
Sir, Thanks much for the affirmative tone, will do as instructed.

@svasantosh
Sir, Thanks a bunch as well for your help. Will surely make it to hosur with my bull on a leisurely sunday early morning .
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
It is not the mechanicals that will get damaged in a SUV class vehicle (my guess), but the body and front/rear fenders, side steps, paint, etc etc will be damaged beyond repair!! Worst case wrt to mechanicals, clutch may get burnt out in a very heavy suv.

This is not a monsoon dependent track, rains makes no diff, except some pasture for eyes!! Pure rocks and no water holding area here, except for a tiny stream.

Last edited by svsantosh : 21st September 2011 at 19:47.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 21:06   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
It is not the mechanicals that will get damaged in a SUV class vehicle (my guess), but the body and front/rear fenders, side steps, paint, etc etc will be damaged beyond repair!! Worst case wrt to mechanicals, clutch may get burnt out in a very heavy suv.

This is not a monsoon dependent track, rains makes no diff, except some pasture for eyes!! Pure rocks and no water holding area here, except for a tiny stream.

I guess this applies also to a Gypsy? So only 340/540 type vehicles are fit for this track without suffering damage?

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 23:15   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I guess this applies also to a Gypsy? So only 340/540 type vehicles are fit for this track without suffering damage?

--Ragul
A gypsy has the same/similar approach/departure angles like any jeep, so nothing shd happen to it. But the truth is no petrol 4x4 has done this stretch, so i cant comment on other aspects until i see 1 gypsy try and complete this trail. If you have seen avalakonda's last hill climb the only danger could be a excessive clutch burn out and nothing else.

A diesel's low end torque (crawl) definetly is a advantage while clearing loose 1-foot high boulders on a 40+ Degree climb, this is one place where guys tend to burn out a gypsy's clutch, but otherwise there is nothing that should a gypsy cant do here...
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual Offroad Carnival, 2016 - 24th & 25th September @ Pune Shubhendra 4x4 Excursions 4 30th August 2016 13:33
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Monsoon Avalakonda OTR 18th/19th September | Report livyodream 4x4 Excursions 64 30th September 2010 23:22
Babies Day Out - Hosur OTR Report - 3-Jul-10 svsantosh 4x4 Excursions 42 7th July 2010 18:59
Hosur-Mahabalipuram-Kalahasti-Hosur Bhargava_sr Travelogues 4 15th July 2009 00:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks