Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 13:57   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Hi all,

Off late we have been seeing lot of initiative from Hosur offroaders in identifying new trail. S V Santosh along with his friends have found one interesting trail.

We propose an event on 25th September 2011, Sunday at Hosur. interested participants/ observers , please confirm your names and vehicle type.

Please be informed, SUVs other than jeep and gypsy find the trail very difficult to negotiate. Hence, are not allowed until we find the possibility. Based on this OTR we can make our conclusion on other SUVs.

We leave from Shell Petrol Bunk on Hosur road near Garvebaavi Palya at 7 a.m. S V Santosh will guide us through the terrain as he has done the recce.

Please call all essential tools, consumables, recovery kit, food and water.

Start Confirming:

Dwarak Gypsy
S V Santosh MM 340



Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 14:30   #2
BHPian
 
Baburajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 265
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Confirmed. CJ340 or Classic .


How many vehicles can this trail hold .
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 16:23   #3
BHPian
 
DeClutch 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 96
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Hi all,

I do want to be part this event, unfortunately my ride is yet to get restored mechanically. May i request any of you to accomodate me in your jeep/gypsy.

This will be my First OTR experience of lifetime! I am already feeling guilty of missing so much of actions previously :(.

I have a bullet and cycle as well...but, i know i dont qualify with these for this event.

Any one, Atleast one....YES pleaseeeeee
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 16:37   #4
BHPian
 
verditer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hosur, Tamilnadu
Posts: 323
Thanked: 72 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Hello - this is interesting.

I am not sure (and dont think) my Safari 4x2 qualifies for this - but anyway please let me know if I can come by...

I'm more interested because I live in Hosur and this is on a Sunday!!
verditer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 18:00   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

I am confirm my participation in MM550.

Hope to see you this time Dwarak.

Madhu
madred15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 19:09   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

I have not yet fitted better shackles to my Gypsy or a winch. It is in stock condition with Yoko Geolanders. Will it pass the trail or are the treacherous portions skippable?

I would like to come. This will be my first OTR as you know in the last one, I took a lift with Dwarak Sir.

@Declutch you can hop into my Gypsy.

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 16th September 2011 at 19:11.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 19:10   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hello - this is interesting.

I am not sure (and dont think) my Safari 4x2 qualifies for this - but anyway please let me know if I can come by...

I'm more interested because I live in Hosur and this is on a Sunday!!
clearly no 4x2's , And Safari Not in this trail until we try jeeps and gypsies first.

You can hop into one of the jeep/gypsy for sure
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 19:13   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I have not yet fitted better shackles to my Gypsy or a winch. It is in stock condition with Yoko Geolanders. Will it pass the trail or are the treacherous portions skippable? This will be my first OTR as you know in the last one, I took a lift with Dwarak Sir.

I would like to come.

@Declutch you can hop into my Gypsy.

--Ragul
Ragul,

Give a visit to SJP road and buy tow rope and D shackles one pair. Your gypsy can take on the trail, no worries.

See you there
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 07:44   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hello - this is interesting
Hi, I am sure I have seen your safari near pallavi super market area... If you know annamalai univ study center in bagalur hudco main road, you will see my red jeep parked below. I stay in indira nagar. PM me, tommorow/18th we are revisiting for recee-#3. (Area is inside Thorapalli quarries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
How many vehicles can this trail hold .
Recee1 - 2#, 2- 3#s, tomm trying with 4 or 5. Hopefully we can be mentally prepared for 15 to begin with. This is NOT a large vehicle trail, cant manage 20,30 like anaconda types...

The single biggest challenge is akin to anaconda's LAST uphill STEEP climb - problem being the rocky enterance is much tougher than the one in anac'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
my Gypsy ---in stock condition with Yoko Geolanders. Will it pass the trail or are the treacherous portions skippable?
Nothing is skippable, only option is choose between a narrow path with a 30foot gorge on your right, or a super boulder path on left. Dont worry, we will guide you out - but please be mentally prepared for a few dinks/dents/plastic cracks as it is part of any otr'ng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
clearly no 4x2's , And Safari Not in this trail until we try jeeps and gypsies first.
No 4x2, actually no suv 4x4 too in this otr, will try reverse route in future if any suv wants a soft offroading climb up a 45deg incline with easy enterance.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 14:06   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

count me in ....Santosh:will call you and come there directly.
Will have tow ropes, et al.
Thanks,
-Bhaskar
B-2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 23:55   #11
BHPian
 
kingvikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi all,

Off late we have been seeing lot of initiative from Hosur offroaders in identifying new trail. S V Santosh along with his friends have found one interesting trail.

We propose an event on 25th September 2011, Sunday at Hosur. interested participants/ observers , please confirm your names and vehicle type.

Please be informed, SUVs other than jeep and gypsy find the trail very difficult to negotiate. Hence, are not allowed until we find the possibility. Based on this OTR we can make our conclusion on other SUVs.

We leave from Shell Petrol Bunk on Hosur road near Garvebaavi Palya at 7 a.m. S V Santosh will guide us through the terrain as he has done the recce.

Please call all essential tools, consumables, recovery kit, food and water.

Start Confirming:

Dwarak Gypsy
S V Santosh MM 340



Dwarak
Is it a half/one day OTR ?

Hows the trail - wet grass/Slush/Dry land/rock/sand ?

My jeep is yet to visit the mechanic after the Biddaraguppe trip. So count me out, unless a miracle happens.
kingvikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 09:22   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
Is it a half/one day OTR ?

Hows the trail - wet grass/Slush/Dry land/rock/sand
If the count is 10+ Jeeps, then expect a late afternoon finish, around 3PM. To see the trail, see post 68 onwards...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2449854 (Hosur - offroading trails and recees')
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 20:08   #13
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

I interested. Count me in.

Krishna: gypsy 410W
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 20:13   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
If the count is 10+ Jeeps, then expect a late afternoon finish, around 3PM. To see the trail, see post 68 onwards...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2449854 (Hosur - offroading trails and recees')
Count me in. Thar CRDe.

Thanks,
Swami
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 23:06   #15
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

I will join in my MM540.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual Offroad Carnival, 2016 - 24th & 25th September @ Pune Shubhendra 4x4 Excursions 4 30th August 2016 13:33
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Monsoon Avalakonda OTR 18th/19th September | Report livyodream 4x4 Excursions 64 30th September 2010 23:22
Babies Day Out - Hosur OTR Report - 3-Jul-10 svsantosh 4x4 Excursions 42 7th July 2010 18:59
Hosur-Mahabalipuram-Kalahasti-Hosur Bhargava_sr Travelogues 4 15th July 2009 00:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks