Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 9th December 2010, 18:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ice Road Truckers Deadliest Roads (India)

I caught up with the episode they aired here from Manali to Rohtang pass. They had to come back due to bad weather. Lisa was determined to leave the next morning to get the fuel to the helicopter's for rescue operations. She left the next morning with the fuel of the other truckers as well. The next morning the 2 male truckers find that Lisa is gone alone to battle with Rohtang pass with 3 times the fuel and no spotter. Watch out for that episode.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 17:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Is there a site where I can watch all the episodes/download them? Youtube videos have been blocked and the History Channel doesnt load them at all.

Someone can PM me if public disclosure is not required.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 19:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

i reckon the season is over
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 19:46   #49
BHPian

yes the season has ended. only 10 episodes. it was not as hair-raising as the trailers made them to be. there was a lot of drama. they kept showing a few scenes in all the episodes where one truck is falling down a cliff and exploding and then the commentator saying "only one of the drivers will complete the race" but actually nothing happened. and actually all the drivers chickened out. the only one that did not chicken out was hailed as the winnder i guess. The drivers did only a fraction of what our drivers generally do on these routes and made it look like, the drove to hell and back. and almost each of the driver had to say bad things about the country. I am sure the program was never to be aired in India that is why they showed the country in such bad light.
novice_alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 00:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice_alto View Post
yes the season has ended. only 10 episodes. it was not as hair-raising as the trailers made them to be. there was a lot of drama...
True. Watched it last month when the re-run aired back to back.
Honestly speaking, thought the whole show sucked.
vulcanize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 22:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice_alto View Post
yes the season has ended. only 10 episodes. it was not as hair-raising as the trailers made them to be. there was a lot of drama.
You need lot of calculations and presence of mind to drive a hatch on those roads, let alone a 16 toner. So the lady really did a good job.

As far a drama is concerned, you need those to sell the a reality shows right. It was well balanced if you compare it with shows that are made here these days.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 10:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
if any one is having trouble in getting Deadliest Roads Complete Season 1 in HDTV format please PM me.
Attached Images

Last edited by jeepster : 11th February 2011 at 10:01.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 22:32   #53
BHPian

Hi guys,

The re-run of above started today on history and I must say it was thoroughly enjoyable for a truck loving person like me (I am avid fan of 18 wheels of steels series, in-spite it being such a boring game). As anticipated they were freaking out on the road due to non existent road manners and traffic sense. It's true, only we, indians, can drive well in india. I am highly impressed by lisa. Never thought a "goriya" could drive our trucks.

Regards.
indianvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 01:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Hi guys,

The re-run of above started today on history and I must say it was thoroughly enjoyable for a truck loving person like me (I am avid fan of 18 wheels of steels series, in-spite it being such a boring game). As anticipated they were freaking out on the road due to non existent road manners and traffic sense. It's true, only we, indians, can drive well in india. I am highly impressed by lisa. Never thought a "goriya" could drive our trucks.

Regards.
Yes, certainly hats off to lisa the way she has driven the truck. Have been watching this show since beginning and enjoying every bit of it. Its really a hard work for the truck drivers in India specially when they have to drive on such difficult roads.
By the way me too a fan of 18 wheels of steels !
David Murx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 02:12   #55
BHPian

Happened to stumble on the show today. Its just amazing and hilarious. Just happened to stumble upon this thread moments after the show ended. What a coincidence!
shekhar_gogoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 13:46   #56
BHPian

Default Irt Dangerous Roads

Maybe this has been discussed before or has been posted before If SO then I Request the mods to merge this thread.

Have been hooked to the last series of ice road truckers who were in shimla-manali-rohtang,pass filming. Quite a series guys a recommeded must watch for all those off road fans,

Here's a preview
zeemmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 14:12   #57
BHPian

Default Re: Irt Dangerous Roads

I have watched a couple of episodes and it has been amazing. The way the road has been cut into the mountains with overhangs just few feet over the truck top. Incredible.

One of the episodes had them navigate a makeshift bridge over the gorge with the cleaner (spotter in their terminology) directing the driver which way to go. The bridge straining under the load was clearly visible.

The fact that one of the drivers is a woman is also interesting. Dealing with a non-PS truck would've taken quite a while!
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 14:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ah, finally, they come face to face with what our drivers do everyday The Army guys drive those even in the winter - with snow, ice and other random "hmmms" in their path.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 12:34   #59
BHPian

Thanks mods for the merge
zeemmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 17:46   #60
mxx
BHPian

very interesting and gripping show. Worth a watch. The shows are aired on History TV18 (not to be confused with fox history). Sunday at 9pm - and several repeat during the week. There is also the Ice Road Truckers -different show with same guys filmed in the ice roads of alaska.
mxx is offline   Reply With Quote