Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 29th February 2012, 22:44   #16
BHPian

Default Re: PICS : IJC Snow Cross Rally 2012 at Kalam

Wow this is serious snow!! How was the experience? How the diesels behave in such an environment?

I have always thought that offroaders are a crazy bunch - looking at your pics reaffirms my thoughts . We avoid driving in snow and you guys go looking for it!
mohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Beautiful and challenging terrain. The photos posted has pushed me more on to my plan to hit the Himalayas soon. Thanks for the wonderful photos posted.

By the way , would have loved to see a team-bhp sticker on the vehicles on such a terrain.
jmvivek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 15:46   #18
BHPian

Aamir bhai, as usual, challenging terrain by this bunch of hardcore jeepers with some of the best machines!!! Please could you write down how you prepared your vehicles and things to remember?
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 22:37   #19
BHPian

Aamir bhai, the pictures are sensational! We would have loved to have a descriptive line up (make and models) of the 4x4s that made up the convoy. A pretty sight that!
R. Kotwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:54   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2012 at 17:17.
arungeorge is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:02   #21
BHPian

Stupendous!! I envy you guys. Seems so much fun with the a great combo of the weather and some of the best off-roaders in the world. I wonder how you guys manage to get out of that area.

Just plain awesome
vinayrathore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

The pictures were a treat as were the vehicles !! Kudos to the effort, one can see it was not a walk in the park, ploughing thru all that snow !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 19:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
WAHHHH!!!! Absolutely amazing.. Beautiful pics Sir. Hats off to you IJC fellas for braving out in the snow. What a treat. Awesome scenery and vehicles.
Thanks a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Excellent photos aamir ! Seems you guys had real fun..
Btw one suggestion, try to keep the wiper blades in upward position i.e not sticking to the windscreen next time you park your vehicle when it might snow overnight. This way the wiper blades will not stick to the windscreen in sub zero temperature which very often happens in such scenarios.
Point noted
Few members did this practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Awesome.. you guys seem to have lots of fun and there I was wondering that we have not seem many outings in the snow from our brothers near the mighty Himalayas this year but this makes up for all that .....
Obliged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
The picture are making us envy you folks, I does bring out the beauty of nature. I am sure the terrain would have been more than just slippery, since we are to see the pics or videos on the action!!! Please tell us someting more about the terrain, any kind of road blocks that you faced, of all I want to know how could you all get the vehicle started with that amount of cold

Beautiful landscape, BTW what was the length of the rally?
Actually it was fresh snow on the first day, so it was not slippery but on the next day it was tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Aamir,

mind blowing! Did you folks use snow chains on the wheels at all? Look tells us you had tough time crossing those snow fall. Good show

Dwarak
Most of the members used snow chains but few did all the tracks without snow chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Wow this is serious snow!! How was the experience? How the diesels behave in such an environment?

I have always thought that offroaders are a crazy bunch - looking at your pics reaffirms my thoughts . We avoid driving in snow and you guys go looking for it!
Surprisingly all the vehicles started on first or second crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
Beautiful and challenging terrain. The photos posted has pushed me more on to my plan to hit the Himalayas soon. Thanks for the wonderful photos posted.

By the way , would have loved to see a team-bhp sticker on the vehicles on such a terrain.
Thanks
Actually i dont have any Team BHP stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Aamir bhai, as usual, challenging terrain by this bunch of hardcore jeepers with some of the best machines!!! Please could you write down how you prepared your vehicles and things to remember?
I will trey to upload list of items which we told every member to bring

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
Aamir bhai, the pictures are sensational! We would have loved to have a descriptive line up (make and models) of the 4x4s that made up the convoy. A pretty sight that!
I will try to give description

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Stupendous!! I envy you guys. Seems so much fun with the a great combo of the weather and some of the best off-roaders in the world. I wonder how you guys manage to get out of that area.

Just plain awesome
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The pictures were a treat as were the vehicles !! Kudos to the effort, one can see it was not a walk in the park, ploughing thru all that snow !

Cheers

One of the most memorable trip of Islamabad Jeep Club

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2012 at 17:17. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
aamir567 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 20:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! So much snow! What was the temperature? Are additives needed for the fuel in these conditions?

Love some of the trucks there. Do post more pics. And Keep havin fun.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 21:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! So much snow! What was the temperature? Are additives needed for the fuel in these conditions?

Love some of the trucks there. Do post more pics. And Keep havin fun.
It was minus 17 on that particular day
Some of our friends used some additives
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 00:40   #26
BHPian

Truly amazing!! After seeing the pics i have this feeling that its time to surrender Indian passport and acquire Pakistani citizenship and enjoy offroading with IJC. IJC is not only active but it is class apart. Hats off to you guys. If given an opportunity i would love to be a part of your next event.
adnan_1212 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 13:48   #27
BHPian

Awesome pics Aamir !!!

This excursion of IJC is not only an offroading excursion but also one where extreme weather is part of the fun. I have never seen pictures of so much snow except for pics of certain places in Western countries and places near the poles.

And yes, needless to mention, the IJC team has excellent offroading vehicles at their disposal. Please do post the vehicle details and any mods that were done to plough though the heavy snow.
Kaustav is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 11:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan_1212 View Post
Truly amazing!! After seeing the pics i have this feeling that its time to surrender Indian passport and acquire Pakistani citizenship and enjoy offroading with IJC. IJC is not only active but it is class apart. Hats off to you guys. If given an opportunity i would love to be a part of your next event.

Thanks for the compliments
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 12:02   #29
BHPian

Absolutely marvelous pictures. Seems you had a lot of fun during the rally. I haven't such amount of snow in my life. Hope the rally went fine and without any problems like snow slide etc.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 13th March 2012 at 12:03.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 16:16   #30
BHPian

Thanks for posting such an amazing set of pictures.

guys seems you had a real adventure with the snow all around. Im sure it is equally challenging too.

Needless to say, your team has excellent set of offroading monsters
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote