Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 03:39   #16
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Hey jeep captain,nice to see you got a thar.Should be great in the sand and eat up the tar too!

we are planning to hold the AKC in December before Christmas as we realise a lot of the participants would rather be at home during this period.

The f1 race is in october right?

Last edited by motocamp : 16th May 2012 at 04:00.
motocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 02:02   #17
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Guys we are tentatively looking at having the AKC on the 14th to the 17th of December.

Please let us know what you think.
motocamp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 13:05   #18
BHPian
 
Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 315
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Hi !!

A Quick stupid question to the Gurus.

How does an All Terrain tyres perform on sand (Yoko Geo to be specific)

On tarmac distance Bangalore-Jaipur-Bangalore is 3000km+. Total offroad distance on sand may not be more than 30 kms. Don't want to invest on mud/sand terrain and do a flip-flop on tarmac.

Andy
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 09:36   #19
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Guys we are tentatively looking at having the AKC on the 14th to the 17th of December.

Please let us know what you think.
Kunal, if you are looking at 14-17/Dec, family would be an issue for many, including me, as the schools woudn't have have closed by then

Dec last week is school off, and folks like us can club the event with a Rajasthan tour etc..
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:20   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

where in rajasthan is the AKC being planned. i dont plan on participating, jeep still a 2wd, but would love to join as a spectator or try getting my hands on a friends 550. looking forward to it from what ive heard. and december sounds nice, the weather would be pretty awesome in rajasthan around that time. best of luck to all the organisers
khalil_khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 06:09   #21
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Kunal, if you are looking at 14-17/Dec, family would be an issue for many, including me, as the schools woudn't have have closed by then

Dec last week is school off, and folks like us can club the event with a Rajasthan tour etc..
Hi Anupam

We are looking at mid december because a lot of people would either prefer to stay at home around christmas or have plans for new years.
motocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 06:13   #22
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalil_khan View Post
where in rajasthan is the AKC being planned. i dont plan on participating, jeep still a 2wd, but would love to join as a spectator or try getting my hands on a friends 550. looking forward to it from what ive heard. and december sounds nice, the weather would be pretty awesome in rajasthan around that time. best of luck to all the organisers
AKC is being held very close to Jaipur this year.you would enjoy it more in your own vehicle but you could come as a spectator

Rajasthan in december is lovely,not hot in the day and cold at night!
motocamp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 19:13   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
AKC is being held very close to Jaipur this year.you would enjoy it more in your own vehicle but you could come as a spectator

Rajasthan in december is lovely,not hot in the day and cold at night!
close to jaipur is very close to my village. lemme know where around jaipur and i may be able to help with accomodation and some other things. im from tonk, thats about a 100 km from jaipur with lovely off road terrain btw.
khalil_khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 09:13   #24
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Hi Anupam

We are looking at mid december because a lot of people would either prefer to stay at home around christmas or have plans for new years.
Thanks Kunal, so for me driving down is out, and now looking for someone who needs a cost sharing partner , and will join you there directly

Cheers!!
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:47   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Kunal this is a wonderful initiative taken by you and as usual expectations would be high after the successful events held by you and ur team in the past. I have never driven on sand and this would be new experience for me and am already looking forward to the event. Please do count me in unless something comes up last minute. All the best to you and the team of AKC, if there is anyway i can come of help do let me know.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 09:46   #26
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Kunal this is a wonderful initiative taken by you and as usual expectations would be high after the successful events held by you and ur team in the past. I have never driven on sand and this would be new experience for me and am already looking forward to the event. Please do count me in unless something comes up last minute. All the best to you and the team of AKC, if there is anyway i can come of help do let me know.
Speedy I hope we can live up to participants expectations..we will surely try our best
motocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 10:38   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

morning guys, have checked this thread from time to time look for updates. any developments involving the AKC, planning on debuting my jeep with this to be the first off road event.
khalil_khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 15:29   #28
BHPian
 
Farukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 76
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Anybody traveling from Hyderabad? I do not own a 4WD so will be a spectator only. Please let me know, I might jump in.
Farukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 16:54   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Hi,

There is the Bangalore Annual OTR around 26/01, so please have this event atleast 5 weeks before so the guys getting the vehicles have time to recoup, rebuild, and do both the events.

Great to see so many OTRs come on alive!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 10:17   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 184
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Have the dates been finalised, please let us know as we need to make , plans , take leave reserve, prep the car etc. Thanks
zipperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2011 Alfa kilo Challenge Conquered! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 80 6th May 2012 15:34
The 2011 Alfa Kilo Challenge! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 127 18th July 2011 16:26
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 121 10th July 2010 10:42
The Alfa Kilo Challenge event details. motocamp 4x4 Excursions 195 23rd June 2010 08:03
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR motocamp 4x4 Excursions 284 26th May 2010 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks