Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 17th January 2013, 10:02   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore Offroad Carnival 2012 - A Late report

Sharath,

Better late than never. I remember having a chat with you about the issue with the spotting on trail 2.

Thanks for taking photos of my Thar - since I was driving, hardly had any photos.

Sadly I will not be in town so won't be participating this year, but looking forward to meeting sometime when you are in Bangalore next.

Cheers,
Manas
manasm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 10:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sharath fantastic report as always pal and made for a good read.

Quote:
So I moved ahead in the trail and made my peace with him. After I came home, I got his email address from a friend and sent him a detailed explanation and formal apology. I never got a reply, may be it went to his junk mail folder. But I felt some closure only after that.
Hats off truly a gentleman, it's seldom that you come across people like this who make an extra effort.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 21:33   #18
BHPian

Sharath,

You missed my 540 ... Grrr.
It was being driven by my wife. She was the last one to clear the treacherous trail 4 in one go. I know she is a good offroader but I strongly suspect 4.88 ratio to be the culprit here, as Madhkris was also able to cross it pretty much after the terrain was very badly spoilt. As the trails were fresh, many a Thar and 550s,540s and Gypsys went up without a complaint, after the 10th vehicle, the trail was getting more and more difficult and we set up a winch point volunteered by Lambda.

Andy

Last edited by Grace : 17th January 2013 at 21:33. Reason: splchk
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
A cleanly modded Gypsy, I never understood that logo though.

Attachment 1038706
I believe it's the logo of the modifier, the name "Motormind" is more visible branded above the grille in this pic of yours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Great job in the image department, by the way...
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 12:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
In fact, I was using brakes and clutch too, too often in the first 1 hr or so. I started gaining confidence on the 4l and crawl capability of my vehicle only after this obstacle. It was a very good learning that way.
Nothing beats a hard core trail and company of fellow offroaders, when you want to learn quickly. The fundamentals I was taught in 2007 in my first training event, is still etched into my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
Thanks for the lovely video. Its a collectible for me to relish as my first professional offroad event.BAOTR2013 here I come...
Couple photos in the last trail are also of your Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Well composed, crisp, with a story telling character, is how I would describe your photography.
Thanks. However, I was very disappointed with the photographs. For some stupid reason, I set both my cameras in JPEG mode. So I lost lot of details when it came to post-processing. This time I will be more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
For a moment, I thought I was caught in a time warp ... the Bangalore OTR is going to happen next weekend, and the OTR report is already out . Then, read the title again !
Well, I figured it will be a good to post the report before the 2013 event. It will be more confusing if I post 2012 report after 2013 event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
You missed my 540 ... Grrr.
It was being driven by my wife. She was the last one to clear the treacherous trail 4 in one go. I know she is a good offroader but I strongly suspect 4.88 ratio to be the culprit here, as Madhkris was also able to cross it pretty much after the terrain was very badly spoilt.
Well, we were never in the same trail, so I could never catch your jeep in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Great job in the image department, by the way...
Thanks. But I am not too happy. I consider this average compared to my other OTR images. I should have used raw as usual.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 15:47   #21
BHPian

Yes Indeed. I feel so bad that I am not part of 2013 OTR . I tool lived the OTR once more in my mind and heart. It was a great one even though the trail was unforgiving for the vehicles.

My BIL and me were in the classic named BEAST and it did all the obstacles without much problem. Yes the stage 3 obstacle tried to stall us but some how came out of it unscathed.

Babu
Baburajs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote