Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 11:34   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Hi Guys,

On behalf of JEEPTHRILLS Chennai and the Terratigers, I would like to welcome all TEAMBhpians to our 8th Anniversary.

This year we are conducting the event at Adventure Zone and this has been clubbed with the 3rd SUV off-road Excursion.

Dates 2-3March 2013.

Itinerary 2nd March

1000-1300:Tech Discussions. Please request any topic you would like to have a discussion on (Steering/Differentials/Winches/Gearbox/Engines etc)

1300-1400: Lunch

1400-1600: Tech Discussions Part#2

1630-1930: Off-Road Drive for 2WD & AWD SUVs

2000-2100: Off-Road Videos

2115-2200: Dinner & Party.

3rd March

0730-0830-Breakfast
0900-1600-Offroad Drive for 4x4 SUVs and JEEPs & Gypsy's

The entire event will be held at Adventure Zone, Madurantakam.
The Cost per head including all meals/Packed Lunch/Iceboxes and Night Stay for 2nd March is Rs2800 per head.

Participant who wish to check in on 1st March night will Rs500 per head.

Payment Details: All payments to be remitted by direct credit / RTGS / NEFT / IFCS / demand draft / crossed cheque in favour of “ADVENTURE ZONE” payable at par in Chennai. Clearing charges if any are to be borne by you.

(a) RTGS / NEFT / IFSC code: IOBA 00 00 876
(b) Bank branch code: 876
(c) Bank details: IOB, Indira Nagar Branch, # 85, 1st Avenue, Indira Nagar, Adyar 600 020.
(d) MICR no: 6 000 200 34
(e) Account No(CA): 0 876 02 00 00 0 5161
(f) Service Tax Regn No: AOQPS 1443 F SD 003

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...xcursions.html (2013 Adventure Zone - SUV Off-Road Excursions)

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 12:46   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PHX...Chennai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Hi Arka,

Nice plan; I like it.

With respect to technical discussion let me through some topics for discussion:
1) Death wobble - How/ Why does it happen and how to fix it.
2) How to fix clutch release bearing noise.

Hope to add more queries when we meet.

Regards,
Saravanan PS
VtecDeGr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 08:27   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecDeGr8 View Post
Hi Arka,

Nice plan; I like it.

With respect to technical discussion let me through some topics for discussion:
1) Death wobble - How/ Why does it happen and how to fix it.
2) How to fix clutch release bearing noise.

Hope to add more queries when we meet.

Regards,
Saravanan PS
Hey Saravanan,

I did not know you were on TBHP - WELCOME

We will discuss these issues during the tech session. Guess you are going to make it

BTW. get the Siruthai!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 00:38   #4
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Dates 2-3March 2013.

Itinerary 2nd March

1000-1300:Tech Discussions. Please request any topic you would like to have a discussion on (Steering/Differentials/Winches/Gearbox/Engines etc)

1300-1400: Lunch

1400-1600: Tech Discussions Part#2

1630-1930: Off-Road Drive for 2WD & AWD SUVs

2000-2100: Off-Road Videos

2115-2200: Dinner & Party.

3rd March

0730-0830-Breakfast
0900-1600-Offroad Drive for 4x4 SUVs and JEEPs & Gypsy's

The entire event will be held at Adventure Zone, Madurantakam.
The Cost per head including all meals/Packed Lunch/Iceboxes and Night Stay for 2nd March is Rs2800 per head.
Hi Arka,

Would there be separate trails for the jeeps on day 1 or can we only enrol for Day 2 directly? I'm not sure I'd want to spend time doing the SUV trails which is on the agenda for day1 from what I can see.

I'd most likely be joining in for the event, but want to understand the day1 itinerary for the jeeps (if there is any plan). Also pls let me know if there is differential pricing for second day participation only.
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 01:35   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Congrats JEEPTHRILLS and all the founders and other members, especially our very own Arka. Wonderful to know that you share the anniversary time with T-BHP too. Would love to be over there on the evening of 1st March if everything goes well.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 09:52   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Jt8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Hi Arka,

Would there be separate trails for the jeeps on day 1 or can we only enrol for Day 2 directly? I'm not sure I'd want to spend time doing the SUV trails which is on the agenda for day1 from what I can see.

I'd most likely be joining in for the event, but want to understand the day1 itinerary for the jeeps (if there is any plan). Also pls let me know if there is differential pricing for second day participation only.
Hi Amol,

Day#1 Trails & Obstacles are suitable for 4x2/4x4/AWD Vehicles.

Each Obstacle has various routes, depending on the vehicles and Drivers

Pricing for 2 Days 1 Night is Rs2800 per head.

Pricing for one Day is Rs1400 per head.

One Day+ 1 Night is Rs1900 per head.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 10:45   #7
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post

Hi Amol,

Day#1 Trails & Obstacles are suitable for 4x2/4x4/AWD Vehicles.

Each Obstacle has various routes, depending on the vehicles and Drivers

Pricing for 2 Days 1 Night is Rs2800 per head.

Pricing for one Day is Rs1400 per head.

One Day+ 1 Night is Rs1900 per head.

Regards,

Arka
Thanks Arka, I'm in for the second day for sure. Will have to figure out travel logistics if I want to participate on the first day. We would be two guys and a Thar Crde, will make the payments shortly.
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 12:07   #8
BHPian
 
Rajith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 615
Thanked: 390 Times
Default Re: Jt8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Amol,

Day#1 Trails & Obstacles are suitable for 4x2/4x4/AWD Vehicles.

Each Obstacle has various routes, depending on the vehicles and Drivers

Pricing for 2 Days 1 Night is Rs2800 per head.

Pricing for one Day is Rs1400 per head.

One Day+ 1 Night is Rs1900 per head.

Regards,

Arka
Hi Arka,
i am planning to drop down on 2nd morning and push off on 3rd morning.
One day + 1 Night - 2 persons. Thar Crde or ISZ -MM 5XX
Regards,
Rajith.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 11:35   #9
BHPian
 
amardeepmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

Hi Arka,

Is it okay to bring a Gypsy on Day 1? I can't make it on Day 2.

Thanks,
Amar
amardeepmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 12:19   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardeepmd View Post
Hi Arka,

Is it okay to bring a Gypsy on Day 1? I can't make it on Day 2.

Thanks,
Amar
Hi Amar,

As long as the 4x4 is working.

Regards,

Arka

PS -Please make the necessary confirmations to Adventure Zone.
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:42   #11
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 477
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013

There is a nice write-up of this in today's The Hindu newspaper, Chennai edition, MetroPlus section, Page 5. Arka is quoted a few times.

Online version is here: Adventure on wheels

Nice! I hope to be part of this in the future. To all participating today and tomorrow, have fun and a great time!
TheTeacher is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 11:06   #12
BHPian
 
petrol_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 231
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Thank You

Thanks a lot to all participants for the enthusiasm, especially our friends who came from as far away as Bangalore and Tirunelveli for the Jeep Thrills 8th Anniversary event.

Like all JT Anniversary events, we started off with the customary Tech Session on differentials, lockers, axles, On-Board Diagnostics and a basic session on welding. Since we were extremely happy to see a large crowd of enthusiastic first timers this time around, we also had a session on the basics of off-road driving, safety measures, recovery etc. The vehicles in attendance included SUVs like Fortuners, Pajeros, Scorpios, Safaris and even a BMW X3 besides the usual lineup of Jeeps and Gypsys.

After lunch the participants split into two groups and headed out to the trail with a good dose of obstacles for those in attendance. The terrain was a mix of rocks, slush, water and mud. Everyone seemed to love the slush pits. Hangover from the Bangalore Annual OTR I guess After a good bit of crawling over rocks and skimming through slush, we headed back to the campsite for dinner.

We decided to roll out a little late on day two so as to give the tired hands a feet some more time to recuperate. Vishnu headed the convoy out towards Palar. Unfortunately, the BMW could go no further after suffering a blown Radiator and had to be parked right at the entry to the river. The convoy proceeded towards the river negotiating unforgiving sand which had quite a few vehicles overheating. Obstacles were chosen while keeping the number of SUVs in mind besides the number of first timers in the group. The obstacles included sand climbs, water crossings and slush pits. All first timers picked up the tricks pretty soon and were well on their way.

The regulars seemed quite interested in sharing the tricks of the trade with those who were in it for the first time. A special thanks to Amol from BODA for the numerous times he helped out by Winching out stuck SUVs. I would also like to thank Vimal and Fazul from Turunelveli for their support in terms of coordinating recoveries and helping out with instructing the first time offroaders.

As many of you might know already, due to a few administrative issues that were well and truly beyond our control, some of the organizers had to depart midway with a heavy heart. Hence, some of us could not be present on day two, but we did our best to ensure that the event went on as planned. If it had caused any inconvenience to anyone, we truly apologize for it.

Hope everyone had a good time and the event is only going to get bigger and better with loads of new initiatives in the pipeline. We look forward to seeing you all at the next OTR.

Photos and Videos would soon follow

Regards
Vijay

Last edited by petrol_head : 4th March 2013 at 11:11.
petrol_head is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 11:30   #13
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
The regulars seemed quite interested in sharing the tricks of the trade with those who were in it for the first time. A special thanks to Amol from BODA for the numerous times he helped out by Winching out stuck SUVs. I would also like to thank Vimal and Fazul from Turunelveli for their support in terms of coordinating recoveries and helping out with instructing the first time offroaders.
Regards
Vijay
Thanks Vijay, it was nice being a part of the event. I had come with the thing in mind that I'll let my wife drive through some obstacles and give her a first hand feel, and it was mission accomplished.

A big shout out for Vishnu who started off the second day single handedly after the eventualities of the previous night and made sure that everybody had their share of fun.

Here are a few pictures from the event that I managed to click. Forgive me for being biased towards my jeep, but that was also another part of the plan (to get pics of the jeep).

The official recovery vehicle for Day 2.
JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-tharrecovery.jpg

JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-jt-otr-03.jpg

JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-jt-otr-04.jpg

JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-jt-otr-05.jpg

JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-jt-otr-06.jpg

JeepThrill's 8th Anniversary event on 2nd & 3rd March, 2013-jt-otr-07.jpg
amolpol is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 12:34   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,407
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
The official recovery vehicle for Day 2.
What is that thing mounted on tail-gate beside the spare wheel?
Isn't it better for the recovery vehicle to have real steel wheels rather than alloys? - just curious.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 4th March 2013 at 12:35.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 12:47   #15
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 499
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

What is that thing mounted on tail-gate beside the spare wheel?
Isn't it better for the recovery vehicle to have real steel wheels rather than alloys? - just curious.

Cheers!
It's the hilift jack mounted on the rear bumper.

Well, I'm not sure on why the alloys would be unfit for a recovery vehicle especially since its the winch doing the pulling. But would be curious to know if a theory exists about this.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeepthrill's 9th Anniversary - Technical Discussions, 15th March 2014 ex670c 4x4 Excursions 2 14th March 2014 23:46
"Will It Drift?!" Event by the Super Car Club. 2nd June, 2013 Super Car Club Indian Motorsport 61 18th October 2013 17:30
India Bike Week: 2nd-3rd February 2013, in Goa! parrys Motorbikes 11 7th June 2013 16:27
JEEPTHRILLS 3rd Anniversary (22-23 March 2008) ex670c 4x4 Excursions 23 22nd October 2008 19:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks