Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 22nd November 2013, 19:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

With so many participants and claims of a very successful event, I hope someone comes up with reports of the track and arrangements.

And most important, whether all this trouble taken up by the organizing team was worth contributing for the noble cause ?

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 15:42   #32

Default Re: Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"

@spike; Sir ji! Compliments!
this was an amazing experience, the terrain, the trail, the obstacles, the timed slush stages, the way the event was managed, the hospitality, the support from the volunteers, the support/ brotherhood from the fellow participants was just astonishing.

the special stage set up by Mr. Kothari was in a different league altogether.. though it prevented me from putting the safari in; it was pretty educating just witnessing the competition struggling past through it.

kudos to the Jeep Captain for putting up an amazing show.

best regards
arshjeet
arshjeet singh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 19:52   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"

Shibu sir, when do we see the pics of the WTOR?

Why all the secrecy in hiding the beauty of Wayanad

(P.S.:- OTR threads , Restoration threads and travelogues are my only solace out here )
roshan_cruise is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 23:01   #34
DKG
Senior - BHPian

The Jeep Captain is on the road, busy as usual, met him just the other day in Hyderabad. I requested pictures myself, I am sure he will oblige when he heads home
DKG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 02:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Usually organizers are busy before the event, in this case, it is quite the opposite. I suggest the moderators to close this thread, as what the organizers "expected" from this thread, has already been achieved. The forum was only a means for this...

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 00:54   #36
BHPian

Friends,
Apologies for the late reply. I was travelling to Bangalore and Hyderabad and now back in Gods Own Country.

Just to update you all and answer queries of few or my very inquisitive and worried friends here.

We did manage to raise an amount of Rs 50,000 ( Fifty Thousand Rupees only ) and donated the same to the Pain & Palliative Care Society Kalpetta.

Thanks a lot for all the participants and well wishers who supported us to make this event a success.

Attached is the picture where Wayanad Thrills officials handing over the cheque for Rs 50,000 to Mr. Babu of Pain and Palliative Care Society just before the prize distribution ceremony on 10th November in the presence of all the participants, supporters and the spectators.

Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"-handing-over-cheque-wayanad-thrills.jpg

I have all the pics ready. Will be sharing pics and details of event shortly.

Also another good news, is Our event, Wayanad Thrills OFF-Road Extravaganza 2013 is featured in Mahindra Adventure's "Get Lost" E-magazine's December Edition which is available for free download for all Android phone users.

Hope this clarifies.

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 16th December 2013 at 00:55.
JeepCaptain is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:20   #37
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

For those who wanna watch the video of the most awaited 'Wayanad Thrills'

Sadiq

http://www.manoramanews.com/cgi-bin/...d=14&BV_ID=@@@
Salikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 11:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Default Congratulations !!!

Shibu,

Congratulations in advance for the big day tomorrow.

A Union of two Off Roaders !!! Great

Wish you both pleanty happy times ahead, both on road and off road.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote