Old 14th January 2014, 09:09   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore Annual Offroad Event - 24th & 25th January, 2014

Hi BODA Team,

I will be attending.

Transaction ref no. is 090080987724297

Santhosh (Non Veg, XL)
Vehicle: Pajero SFX
Participation: Maybe few trails which are suited for LWB SUV. If not, will atleast get to watch the action and meet other off-roaders
S@~+#0$# is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 11:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Hi BODA Team, I will be attending. Transaction ref no. is 090080987724297 Santhosh (Non Veg, XL) Vehicle: Pajero SFX Participation: Maybe few trails which are suited for LWB SUV. If not, will atleast get to watch the action and meet other off-roaders
Great to hear that you're bringing your SUV! I'm also bringing my 2" lifted endeavour with 33" tyres and my friend is coming in his 4" lifted Pajero with 32" tyres. See you there
Endeavour333 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 14:49   #33
Team-BHP Support

Post Re: Bangalore Annual Offroad Event - 24th & 25th January, 2014

BAOTR Important Information & Guidelines

Ensure that your vehicle is well prepared!

Ensure the following:

1. Vehicle documentation (Valid RC, Valid Insurance, Valid license, Valid PUC certificate).

2. Safety: Working Seat belts for driver and co-driver (mandatory), roll cages (optional but recommended)

3. Engine self-start is working properly. (Battery, starter, heater plugs etc to be in order. It may not be possible to push start the vehicle in many places on the track.

4. Please ensure proper offroading tires with good thread depth (Spare tire is a must). The track has rocks and loose soil that makes it very slippery at times. Minimum requires AT; MT would be ideal. HT tyres to be avoided at all cost.

5. Self recovery equipment is a must (Tow straps, shackles, high lift, winch (desirable), Spade etc).

6. Please carry tool kits, jumper cable, air compressor, essential spares, oil and brake fluid.

7. Cooling system of the vehicle should be working optimally. There are many places on the track where you would need to push the vehicle hard. Moreover the track can get really hot during the day time. Engines can tend to overheat. Please carry radiator water/ coolant especially in case your vehicle is showing or has shown symptoms of overheating. Nevertheless get it checked.

8. The track could be narrow at places. Larger SUVs may find it difficult to maneuver in certain places. The respective Marshal’s may advise not to bring the SUV along on certain tracks since there are no escape routes.

SUV guys who care about cosmetics to best avoid taking vehicle into the trail, they can park at the camp site and join other vehicles.

Marshals take will be final in this respect.

9. It is desirable to have proper under-body and running board protection wherever available.

10. Avoid carrying unnecessary luggage on the track.

Please carry all personal supplies that you need to last for 2 days:

1. Medicines – Please carry specific medicines that you are used to. Availability of all medicines may be suspect in nearby towns.

2. Personal hygiene items.

3. Shoes (leather ideally- there are lot of thorns, hence a tough outdoor shoe would be the best).

4. Caps.

5. Sun glasses.

6. Sun screen / Skin protection creams / lotions.

7. Light winter clothing/blanket. The nights can be cool (15 to 20 degree centigrade).

8. Torch with spare battery / car chargers.

9. Mobile and other chargers, do install a car charger so that charging is taken care while you drive. Charging points might be limited at camp.

10. Please carry some drinking water for emergency personal use.

11. Any other personal items required for the two days.

Important note:

• Please note that the event is scheduled at a place that’s about 20 kms from the nearest town. At no point in time during the event it would be feasible to go out to the nearest town to procure personal supplies as it involves unmarked roads and small villages. Please ensure that you don’t leave the venue alone or in a group at any point in time during day or night without the explicit agreement of the chief marshal / designated program organizer.

Drinking alcohol and driving is strictly prohibited.

• Marshall's may scrutinize the vehicles and may disallow unfit vehicles on the track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Hi BODA Team,

I will be attending.

Transaction ref no. is 090080987724297

Santhosh (Non Veg, XL)
Vehicle: Pajero SFX
Participation: Maybe few trails which are suited for LWB SUV. If not, will atleast get to watch the action and meet other off-roaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Great to hear that you're bringing your SUV! I'm also bringing my 2" lifted endeavour with 33" tyres and my friend is coming in his 4" lifted Pajero with 32" tyres. See you there
SUV guys please note, track is not very SUV friendly and can damage; so better be prepared. Also there would be situations where marshals might have to deny you entry to a section or the whole trail since escape/alternate options might not be available in that section.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2014 at 17:15.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 15:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The track could be narrow at places. Larger SUVs may find it difficult to maneuver in certain places. The respective Marshal’s may advise not to bring the SUV along on certain tracks since there are no escape routes. SUV guys who care about cosmetics to best avoid taking vehicle into the trail, they can park at the camp site and join other vehicles. Marshals take will be final in this respect.

SUV guys please note, track is not very SUV friendly and can damage; so better be prepared. Also there would be situations where marshals might have to deny you entry to a section or the whole trail since escape/alternate options might not be available in that section.
Jaggy my vehicle is well prepared but I respect the decision of the marshals and will only enter the trail if they deem my vehicle fit. Doesn't matter if I don't get to do anything but am bringing my vehicle anyway, because in case I can do a trail and didn't bring my vehicle I will be regretting it for a long time!
Old 14th January 2014, 15:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jaggy my vehicle is well prepared but I respect the decision of the marshals and will only enter the trail if they deem my vehicle fit. Doesn't matter if I don't get to do anything but am bringing my vehicle anyway, because in case I can do a trail and didn't bring my vehicle I will be regretting it for a long time!
In your case- the vehicle size is where they will have to take a call, ofcourse you should bring the vehicle. We are just preparing you guys so that there are no disappointments later on. Am sure marshals will assist you as best as possible.
Old 14th January 2014, 15:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quick question here.

How many of the participating vehicles and individuals are actually comprehensively insured specifically against potential hazards and/ or mishaps while indulging in off roading and similar adventure sports?

I ask because on the standard insurance certificates there are tons of disclaimers which clearly eschew track racing, carrying of goods, rallying, adventure sports and so on.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 16:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Look forward .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks Jaggu for the caution. Spoke to SwastikVijay couple of days, he too advised the same. I am ok not to being able to drive if the trail is not suited.
S@~+#0$# is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 17:07   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quick question here.

How many of the
==========and so on.
Good point, i forgot to add the point of carrying valid RC, Pollution and Insurance in the above post. These days most offroaders are aware of this, still worth putting it in writing.

With regard to your specific question, if one really wants to cover the usage in such an event which is organized for fun. To cover "all the risks" it is better to take a competition add on. This is generally provided for the period of the event and will be an add on to your existing insurance. If your insurance company does not provide, you will have to approach a nationalized company to get the cover.

You can read this very informative post here (Desert Storm 2011 - A competitor's log) for more details.

Please note Annual OTR is NOT a COMPETITION, but more of a public gathering of like minded people interested in offroading. Since it can be classified as a Public event it is worth to take the additional cover.
Old 14th January 2014, 17:16   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
How many of the participating vehicles and individuals are actually comprehensively insured specifically against potential hazards and/ or mishaps while indulging in off roading and similar adventure sports?
Most participating vehicles are older than 10 years, that means they can only get third party insurance. Thar is the only exception to this.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:48   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Most participating vehicles are older than 10 years, that means they can only get third party insurance. Thar is the only exception to this.
Things are changing Samurai, now there are more number of new vehicles like Thar and Gypsies participating Infact if you really want to retain the comp cover, you can definitely extend the same after 10 also, i have one for my vehicle which is well over 10 years.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 10:10   #41
BHPian

Anybody willing to let 1 person hop into their vehicle for the course? Its for my cousin who wants to have this experience and unfortunately I will not be around.

If someone can confirm then I will make payment immediately.
Old 16th January 2014, 14:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just one more week to go....yayyyyy!

Looking forward to meeting fellow off-roaders and having fun and being part of some excellent off-roading.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 09:20   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Late Entrants:

1. Tini Korah L, N.Veg
2. Rohan George L, N.Veg
Thar DI
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 11:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Bangalore Annual Offroad Event - 24th & 25th January, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
...Thar DI
Tini, looking forward to meeting you and your purposefully-modified Thar DI .
Old 17th January 2014, 12:24   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Late Entrants:

1. Tini Korah L, N.Veg
2. Rohan George L, N.Veg
Thar DI
Thanks Tini, hope you have made the payments also.

================================================== ================

We are closing entries today.

People who have confirmed but not yet paid, request you to make payments ASAP. As soon as the payments are received for available slots, we will have to drop the remaining "unpaid confirmations".

Please drop an email to Prithvi as soon as you have made the payment to avoid confusion.

As published earlier this year we do not have an option to plan and make arrangements at the last moment, since the venue is set at a remote location. Hence no spot entries will be possible.

Thank you for all your supports and looking forward to have a great event.

On behalf of Organizing team.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread