Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 11th September 2015, 20:12   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake

Awesome. Well great photos and great adventure. A very good place to test the capabilities of the Vitara the Grand Vitara.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 22:43   #17
BHPian

The Vitaras look so nice and the place just adds to the charm. Thanks for sharing this.
megazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 11:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lovely to see Grand Vitaras still kicking about Solid, plucky off-roader always captured my fancy. Keep the posts coming, looking forward to more such experiences being shared. Keep it up sir!

Cheers
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 13:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Awesome. Well great photos and great adventure. A very good place to test the capabilities of the Vitara the Grand Vitara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
The Vitaras look so nice and the place just adds to the charm. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks. Looking back at the photos it does look like a wonderful setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Lovely to see Grand Vitaras still kicking about Solid, plucky off-roader always captured my fancy. Keep the posts coming, looking forward to more such experiences being shared. Keep it up sir!
Cheers
Will definitely post any interesting trips. And please no "sir".

Checked the bottom of the vehicle for any any impacts. felt that may have been one at the first exhaust box :
2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake-gv1st-silencer-box.jpg

Then checked Sudev's posts re. his skid plates:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post1060529 (Grand Vitara gets custom made skid plates)

But I find, from Sudev's post, that there is a factory made depression at the exact spot where I felt there was a dent. So I can report "no obvious damage"
2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake-sudev-lowermost-point-marked-up.jpg
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 01:35   #20
BHPian

This is pretty remarkable. I must say your enthusiasm is admirable as well. Since I bought my GV 1.5 years back, have always been wanting to do something like this. Never got the opportunity or perhaps didnt try hard enough. Just gives me another reason to be happy to have a Grand Vitara.
rattanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 10:45   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Thanks. When will you be organising the next offroad?
Usually we announce the events on Facebook and Teambhp.

Nothing planned as of now, but probably in december mid week.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 11:34   #22
BHPian

Good to see so many vitara's together from mumbai and pune, please do include me next time whenever you guys arrange for another offroad and onroad drive . I have a Vitara 2.0 MT too
sanjusahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 11:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusahu View Post
Good to see so many vitara's together from mumbai and pune, please do include me next time whenever you guys arrange for another offroad and onroad drive . I have a Vitara 2.0 MT too
I request all Grand Vitara owners to update their "My Car" field in the forum profile. That way members can easily lookup fellow owners in their area. And please mention Grand Vitara instead of just GV. Searching for GV thrown up too many Getz/Accent GVS entries.

This would also give us an idea how many Grand Vitara owners are there on Team-BHP. Right now the membership search throws up less than 50 entries, I know that is not true. There are more of us.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 14:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Panshet lake area was chosen as I was familiar with the roads.
Nice report with detailed pics !
one advice, please be very careful when you go offroad to non-private land and try to take local guy with you.
Almost all offroad groups have had their share of bad experiences with local villagers and sometimes unexpected aggressive behaviour may spoil your tip.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusahu View Post
PM me your contact details. Will keep you in the loop. Only problem is that it will be short notice of a couple of days max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Nice report with detailed pics !
one advice, please be very careful when you go offroad to non-private land and try to take local guy with you.
Almost all offroad groups have had their share of bad experiences with local villagers and sometimes unexpected aggressive behaviour may spoil your tip.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Will keep this point in mind. Till date we have been using public roads and paths. If we need to go off into some body's land we will necessarily ask the locals.

"stuntfreak" aka Hemank has joined our group. He has a 2007 2L AT Black.
Currently he has removed the turbo he had fitted on it.

On 13th. Vishwanath and a couple of friends were driving in the same area and decided to do the same river crossing.

2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake-same-tree-shade.jpg2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake-navigating-stream.jpg2 Grand Vitaras go offroading - At Panshet Lake-mid-stream.jpg

He did the crossing, on a moment's whim, without a backup vehicle.. Not safe behaviour if you ask me.

We will now need to start a structured training to improve group members safety, driving and spotting skills.

sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote