| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th October 2015, 12:27||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanked: 1,182 Times
The Gokak 4x4 Challenge - 31st October & 1st November, 2015
Its with immense pleasure we (explore the outdoors team) announce two day offroad event ‘The Gokak Challenge 2015’ on 31st October and 01st November, 2015 to be held at Gokak
Format of the event:
• It’s a two day noncompetitive event which will consist of trail driving in tough and scenic terrain in and around Gokak
• You will be required to cover trail of around 40-45 kms in two days, that includes on and offroad driving
• Event’s emphasize is on team work and building camaraderie, at many obstacles you will have to take help of fellow offroader or help the fellow offroader to pass through it
• Similar to last year, other than offroading few other activities are being planned for these two days which will be educational in nature and will be related to offroading/environment .
Itinerary of the event:
31st October, 2015
Registration and check-in 08:00 hrs to 9:00 hrs
Vehicle scrutiny 08:00 hrs to 9:00 hrs
Participant’s briefing 09:00 hrs to 09:30 hrs
Ceremonial start 09:30 hrs
End of day 1 trail 19:00 hrs * (it may get late as well and depends upon vehicle clearing the trail earmarked for day 1)
Dinner From 20:30 hrs
01st November, 2015
Start of day 2 trail 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
Entry fee and other arrangements:
1. There is NO entry fee for the event, its purely being conducted on ‘Pay & Use’ basis. It means arrangement for everything is there but if you want to avail those services, you will have to pay for it
2. Keeping safety in mind, maximum 3 people are allowed in one vehicle
3. Organizing team would help you to book hotels available in Gokak. But you need to transfer booking amount before 15th October to get your bookings done. Else team will not accept the booking and room will be passed on to next participant
4. We suggest you to carry tents, if you are deep inside trail and don’t want to go back to hotel, it will come handy
5. Whoever wants to set up their own tent for stay is free to do so. But please be mindful that you will have to do your own arrangements for allied activities (water, washroom, light etc.)
6. Arrangement for food and beverages are being done at trail at nominal rates. There will caterer serving food and snacks on trail, you can avail the same on spot by paying for it.
7. Last date to accept entry is 15th October, 2015. After that no more entries will be accepted.
8. Entry is limited to only 30 vehicles strictly on first come first serve basis
Vehicle scrutiny will be done by group of marshals on day one during registration. All points mentioned under mandatory are basic pre-requisite to be eligible to participate in the event, failing to meet any of mandatory points will bar/ban participant to compete in the event
Mandatory requirements in vehicle scrutiny:
Optional but highly recommended equipment:
You can save precious time using below equipment to your benefit, having below equipment may aid you to clear obstacle quickly and with minimal damage to your vehicle
Emphasize of this event is on offroading ONLY, expect hard core offroad trail. Be prepared for tough and grueling two days. It may not be just another weekend luxury offroading trip !
The event is open to all road registered 4 wheel drives, provided the vehicle currently or previously sold to general public. No commercial/agricultural vehicles are allowed in the event
We are expecting those days to be sunny during day and cold during night, please carry clothes and sunscreen accordingly
Participants will be provided with trash bags at the start of the event and are requested to put all the litter in trash bag, which will be taken back at the end of the day
If you have any query, please contact:
Ayub Khan @ 09844063355
Team behind the event
Few pics from last event:
Event report of previous events;
1) The Gokak Challenge 2012: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...er-2012-a.html (Gokak OTR - 13th & 14th October, 2012)
2) The Gokak Challenge 2013: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...er-2013-a.html (The Gokak Challenge - November 2013)
|14th October 2015, 15:05||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanked: 1,182 Times
Re: The Gokak 4x4 Challenge - 31st October & 1st November, 2015
Dear Friends and Jeeprs,
This is to inform you that 'The Gokak Challenge 2015' has been cancelled due to multiple logistic issues.
Anyone or any team who is interested to explore the Gokak track are always welcome. Just inform 2 days prior of your arrival.
We will do arrangements of food, stay and track.
The same 37 kms of untouched track is available. Lets enjoy together.
NO fees, only jeeper brotherhood.
|The following BHPian Thanks Shubhendra for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The 4x4 Gokak Challenge - 8th & 9th November, 2014||Shubhendra||4x4 Excursions||6||18th October 2015 22:38|
|The Agra Taj Challenge - 2 day TSD rally starting on 31st Jan, 2015||sudev||Indian Motorsport||0||19th November 2014 10:47|
|The Gokak Challenge - November 2013||Shubhendra||4x4 Excursions||38||8th January 2014 16:45|
|Gokak OTR - 13th & 14th October, 2012||fazalaliadil||4x4 Excursions||33||9th April 2013 15:30|
|Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010.||NOS Power||Indian Motorsport||82||6th November 2010 21:33|