Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 16th June 2008, 09:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
BTW, what's the story behind the Tamilnadu license plate written in Kannada.
That's jammy -- his style. In the front it is in Kannada and at the back it is written in English and covered with lots of tape . Don't know what the point is.

Buddy, you going to the Coorg OTR?
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 09:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That's jammy -- his style. In the front it is in Kannada and at the back it is written in English and covered with lots of tape . Don't know what the point is.

Buddy, you going to the Coorg OTR?
Average rabble rouser knows to distinguish TN in english script and not TN in Kannada script during our state terratorial dispute. When they see kannada script, they go soft and let the car go through , not knowing that they hugged their perceived enemy
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 09:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too bad that no one clicked pictures when my Gypsy was more than 3 feet in the air -- people were too busy trying to get out of the way and run for their lives.
Extremely Sorry...
Infact we were discussing that we missed to take pictures only after you are "flown"

The action was so stunning that we forgot what to do

And ofcourse, Arvind was just inches away from your Gypsy when you are "Landed". For sure he was so lucky... Really missed to shot that video
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 10:22   #19
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Extremely Sorry...
Infact we were discussing that we missed to take pictures only after you are "flown"

The action was so stunning that we forgot what to do

And ofcourse, Arvind was just inches away from your Gypsy when you are "Landed". For sure he was so lucky... Really missed to shot that video
now that is what i call Off roading and rock climbing,
amazing pic's..damn i missed it was not in town..will make sure that 'am a part of this amazing off road experience next time around..
cheers to all the team-BHP offroaders in blore..you guyz "Rock"..cheers:
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 10:46   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
cheers to all the team-BHP offroaders in blore..you guyz "Rock"..cheers:
I think most of them were Jeep Thrills guys, but the demarcation is slowing fading considering the number of common members who belong to both forums.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 11:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there shahnawaz and definitely you guys had fun while some of our bangy bhpians like patchyboy and some others were in kerala for the monsoon drive. Haven't been on any off roading before but will try to catch up with you guys in case if there is any in the future.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 11:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I think most of them were Jeep Thrills guys, but the demarcation is slowing fading considering the number of common members who belong to both forums.
Very true. I for one am a member of both the forums and this time posted the event details on t-bhp. I posted the event here to see if fellow bhpians would like to try 4x4 offroading.

I was mentioning to Mahesh also that the planning and other details are ALWAYS on jeep_thrills group. So join the jeep_thrills group also if fellow t-bhpians want to stay up to date with the 4x4 happenings around their respective towns.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Missed it, too late a notice, could have been a spectator!!!
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 14:58   #24
Team-BHP Support

Had the notice been provided a little more in advance, i would have been interested.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 15:04   #25
Team-BHP Support

@dadu, benbsb29: Don't worry brother, we go out on off-road jaunts literally every 2-3 weeks. So you can join in the next time.
Old 17th June 2008, 01:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god!!!!
I normally dont venture into 4x4 threads, but this time came in here to look at the attachments. Never knew our jeeps are so capable of. Well done folks.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 07:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

nics pics guys, would have loved to see the gypsy three feet up in the air! any pictures anybody?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 09:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
nics pics guys, would have loved to see the gypsy three feet up in the air! any pictures anybody?
I think one guy, Arvind was shooting this Gypsy by standing in front of it. The moment it took off, he jumped to the side with the cam[a narrow escape!!!]. not sure if it has come properly.

Shan,
It should be in the Jammy's camcoder. Is it possible to check with him and post the link here?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 09:36   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
nics pics guys, would have loved to see the gypsy three feet up in the air! ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think one guy, Arvind was shooting this Gypsy by standing in front of it. The moment it took off, he jumped to the side with the cam[a narrow escape!!!]. ....
Folks,

Before anybody comes to the conclusion that I was attempting some dangerous/stupid stunt, it was a stretch of about 10 mtrs, sloping with rocks and layers of rocks in kind of a step formation that I had to cross. Also, there were bushes all around and Arvind was doing the spotting for me in standing some 8-10 mtrs in front of the Gypsy.

I started the climb and as i climbed more the Gypsy, as is usual for this mountain goat, started to jump and move forward and in a split second there were moments where tyre spin started to happen and I had to accelerate to move forward. At this point the Gypsy took off and by the sheer jumping/movement cleared the stretch.

Arvind who was spotting me had to jump out of the way into the bushes.

I hope this clarifies. We don't, never, try anything stupid or stunts for the sake of it.

However, too bad that no one has the pictures of this scene. Not even jammy.
Old 17th June 2008, 13:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Before anybody comes to the conclusion that I was attempting some dangerous/stupid stunt,

However, too bad that no one has the pictures of this scene. Not even jammy.
Its OK bro, we know the gypsy guys have to show a stunt or two for the jeep brethren. Its normal to stunt so no worries!

Yeah, too bad nobody could catch the action.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote