Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 25th August 2008, 10:38   #1
BHPian

Default Off-Roading Trails in and around Bangalore

Hello All,

I have searched in the forum for similar threads, but did not find one. Since we have lot of experienced Off-Roaders from Bangalore, can you guys post the locations of some good trails here? It would be great if you share the knowledge about the terrain and approach route as well. If useful we can start similar threads for other cities as well. 100kms radius will be fine, and should be able to finish in one day. This is never to attempt these trails alone. But it will be easy for arranging a quick OTR with 5-10 Jeepers if we have this information.

Thank You
Sreeraj
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 14:35   #2
c10
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Hello All,

I have searched in the forum for similar threads, but did not find one. Since we have lot of experienced Off-Roaders from Bangalore, can you guys post the locations of some good trails here? It would be great if you share the knowledge about the terrain and approach route as well. If useful we can start similar threads for other cities as well. 100kms radius will be fine, and should be able to finish in one day. This is never to attempt these trails alone. But it will be easy for arranging a quick OTR with 5-10 Jeepers if we have this information.

Thank You
Sreeraj
hi,
we had a Willys & we had been to a place near Jigni.. it was more of rocky place.. great place to be for off-roading..!!
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:24   #3
BHPian

You could join us on one of the OTRs that is done by jeep thrills members on weekends.call me on 9972596002 if you are interested.
cheers
jammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Hello All,

Thank You
Sreeraj
MM440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
You could join us on one of the OTRs that is done by jeep thrills members on weekends.call me on 9972596002 if you are interested.
cheers
jammy
Thank You Very much for inviting me Jammy. I have your number stored, I will keep on calling you every weekend until you say me "Stop Bugging ME" . Anyway, I am out of Bangalore this weekend (Did I say you that I am going to drive my jeep to Trissur ). I will call you once I am back from this 1000kms journey. Just wanted to know her weaknesses before taking her to real TEST on OTRs.

Thanks
--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 16:08   #5
Team-BHP Support

Sree, I would suggest that you call Jammy before your long trip. he can give pointers on what checks/precautions to take before this long journey on a jeep (Am assuming that this is your first long journey on a jeep).

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 15:28   #6

Hi Sreeraj,

Bangalore is surrounded by rocky hills on most sides...thus it is an off-roader's paradise for exploring...

Starting North you have the Nandis and begining from around dodda ballapura (NNW)all the way thru the nandis range to chikka ballapura (N) and beyond towards Kaiwara (NNE)

Starting South you have the rocky hills starting from around Bannerghatta (SSE) going all the way thru the Kanakapura Road (S) thru to Ramanagara (SW) and onwards towards Magadi (W) and onwards towards ShivaGangay (NW) all within the 100 km radius that you speak off...

The number of hills is in hundreds and there are many many trails thru them and exploring each of these would be equally great... besides since quarrying has been going on around some of these places and thus there are many many trails to go on with a 4x4 vehicle...

As far as the list of places around bangalore for off-roading... well i hope someone compiles one because of this thread that you have started...

In my humble opinion every trail thru any of these hills around would be great off-roading... the classification of "good trails" and listing them would be difficult to classify as there is little distiction between good trail / great trail / tough trail etc.. and thus i guess you are far from finding any list... off-roading trails are a bit away from tourist spots in terms of listings and classifications...All trails thru all these hills around are great...some short some long some dusty and so on....

cheers
ragpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 22:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Default Soft roading spots in and around Bangalore

This thread is dedicated to sharing of information about "soft roading" spots, as well as planning soft-road outings, in and around Bangalore. While hard core off-road excursions keep happening quite often, I am sure there are quite a few of us who'd want to indulge in some 'light' stuff once in a while to exercise those front axles of our Jeeps/Gypsys and SUVs, not to mention catching some sun, get some fresh air, and bonding with like minded folks.

I, for one, would want to get my kid exposed to the joys of OTRs as well as flex the transfer case of my Gypsy as well as Safari once in a while without getting into perilous situations or ending up damaging my vehicles. I am sure there are quite a few of us out there who'd want to do the same!

So let's make this thread a good source of information and experiences regarding some *fun* and lightweight OTR stuff

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th November 2016 at 22:25.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote