Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 21:25   #16
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

You ppl must have enjoyed a lot in doing extreme offroading.
All the pictures a superb, specially those splashing water.
Gr8 event i must say.
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:34   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
You ppl must have enjoyed a lot in doing extreme offroading.
You can't say Great Escape events are extreme offroading, they are usually tempered down to allow all kinds of Mahindra vehicles, even 2WD kind. The focus is mostly on outdoor experience than extreme 4WD techniques.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 12:36   #18
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

hey guys, here i am uploading pics of my repainted MM550 XDp 5 speed, with 4wd Name:  DSC01221 Medium.JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  DSC01223 Medium.JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  DSC01224 Small.JPG
Views: 1252
Size:  58.0 KB

Name:  DSC01220 Medium.JPG
Views: 1282
Size:  88.4 KB
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 12:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,571 Times
Default

Dear whiteMM550, this is the South Africa specification vehicle. Must be a 1997 model. This is the C section chassis with outriggers. How do the JK brutes behave on the army wheel rims? Where are the original Argentinian rims? The shift lever for the transmission will have external linkages. Axle is 4.88:1. Please revert.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 19:27   #20
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear whiteMM550, this is the South Africa specification vehicle. Must be a 1997 model. This is the C section chassis with outriggers. How do the JK brutes behave on the army wheel rims? Where are the original Argentinian rims? The shift lever for the transmission will have external linkages. Axle is 4.88:1. Please revert.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
its a 1999 model, i am not aware if its the Argentine spec or not, but then the rims that were there on the jeep were the original 540 rims, the 205 / 80 Brutes were fitted on the jeep previously, but the tyres were spilling over,Name:  DSC00803 Small.JPG
Views: 1235
Size:  88.3 KB hence i got my hands on army spec rims,Name:  DSC01226 Medium.JPG
Views: 1208
Size:  63.4 KB any ways performance is good, and definately the stability has increased.
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 22:01   #21
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Thats a nice Jeep you have there!!!

Thanks
--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 09:48   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

WhiteMM,
Thats looking really nice after the paint job.
The rear seats are the stock ones or fitted after? Also I haven't heard before about the JK Brute 4x4 tires. How are their on & off-road performances and the cost?
Behram Sir, it will be interesting to know some distinguisging characteristics of the South African specification vehicle.
-Best regards,
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 10:58   #23
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
hey guys, here i am uploading pics of my repainted MM550 XDp 5 speed, with 4wd
The jeep looks incredible ! very well done,
What is the current tyre size you are running ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear whiteMM550, this is the South Africa specification vehicle. Must be a 1997 model. This is the C section chassis with outriggers. How do the JK brutes behave on the army wheel rims? Where are the original Argentinian rims? The shift lever for the transmission will have external linkages. Axle is 4.88:1. Please revert.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Wow now that is real technical thing ! Behram bhaiya ! how come you identified things ? Can we fit army spec rims and for matter even argentinian rims to a fully floating rear axle ?

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 14th November 2008 at 11:00.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 11:18   #24
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

[quote=Kandisa;1052353]WhiteMM,
Thats looking really nice after the paint job.
The rear seats are the stock ones or fitted after? Also I haven't heard before about the JK Brute 4x4 tires. How are their on & off-road performances and the cost

kandisa,
the rear seats were stock seats, but i cut them in the centre by about 1 ft, and redid the upholstery, i did that because i have plonke in esteem front seats, in the front, and because of the excessice length of the rear lateral seats, the front seats were not recclining to the max, hence i decided to have some gap betwn the front and rear seats, as abouthe tyres, well JK 4x4 Brutes are good on slush, i completed the entire COORG Great escape without any hitch whatsoever, on those, but they just dont compare with the lug tyres/ 6.00x16 GR 85 made by Ceat tyres. i have both the tyres on different set of Rims, but i decided on the JK radials for Coorg Great Escape, as we had to drive down to Coorg from Goa by road, and the cross plies were just not highway worthy.
the JK 4x4 cost me Rs 3800/- per set the size is 205/80 R 16
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 11:19   #25
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
WhiteMM,
Thats looking really nice after the paint job.
The rear seats are the stock ones or fitted after? Also I haven't heard before about the JK Brute 4x4 tires. How are their on & off-road performances and the cost?
Behram Sir, it will be interesting to know some distinguisging characteristics of the South African specification vehicle.
-Best regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Thats a nice Jeep you have there!!!

Thanks
--Sree--
thank you sree, i acknowledge your comments
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 12:30   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
well JK 4x4 Brutes are good on slush, i completed the entire COORG Great escape without any hitch whatsoever, on those, but they just dont compare with the lug tyres/ 6.00x16 GR 85 made by Ceat tyres. i have both the tyres on different set of Rims, but i decided on the JK radials for Coorg Great Escape, as we had to drive down to Coorg from Goa by road, and the cross plies were just not highway worthy.
the JK 4x4 cost me Rs 3800/- per set the size is 205/80 R 16
Very surprising, I didn't expect JK Brute 4x4 to perform that well off of the road. It doesn't even look like an All terrain tyre.

Name:  aboutus.gif
Views: 1312
Size:  1.7 KB
Name:  brute4x4lnkaboutus.gif
Views: 1713
Size:  20.1 KB

How is the sidewall, is it hard or has flex?

Last edited by Samurai : 14th November 2008 at 12:36.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 16:05   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
the rear seats were stock seats, but i cut them in the centre by about 1 ft, and redid the upholstery, i did that because i have plonke in esteem front seats, in the front...
...i have both the tyres on different set of Rims, but i decided on the JK radials for Coorg Great Escape, as we had to drive down to Coorg from Goa by road, and the cross plies were just not highway worthy.
the JK 4x4 cost me Rs 3800/- per set the size is 205/80 R 16
I was also having the same feeling about the seats.
You mean a set of 5 cost you 3800/-? Thats way too cheap compared to the A/T tires!! Having different sets of tyres on different rims is probably the best option for having both on & off-road capability, but changing everytime might be tedious. Bit off-topic, for all those who have been using their jeeps for normal driving also apart from off-roading, whats the optimum choice?
-Best regards,

Last edited by Kandisa : 14th November 2008 at 16:07. Reason: inclusion
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 19:41   #28
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I was also having the same feeling about the seats.
You mean a set of 5 cost you 3800/-? Thats way too cheap compared to the A/T tires!! Having different sets of tyres on different rims is probably the best option for having both on & off-road capability, but changing everytime might be tedious. Bit off-topic, for all those who have been using their jeeps for normal driving also apart from off-roading, whats the optimum choice?
-Best regards,
oh no Kandisa
i meant Rs 3800/- per set of tyre and tube
any ways i think that the best choice for the above mentioned usage are the JK brutes/ or the Apollo storms
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 19:45   #29
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Very surprising, I didn't expect JK Brute 4x4 to perform that well off of the road. It doesn't even look like an All terrain tyre.

Attachment 69631
Attachment 69629

How is the sidewall, is it hard or has flex?
has sufficient flex, for on road, and stiff enough for off road, any ways the pic you are showing is a different check out my pics for the Brute 4x4 205/80 R 16
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 19:53   #30
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Name:  DSC01220 Medium.JPG
Views: 1076
Size:  11.0 KB

Name:  DSC00846 Small.JPG
Views: 1146
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  DSC00894 Medium.JPG
Views: 1184
Size:  109.0 KB
the JK brutes have sufficient flex, for on road, and stiff enough for off road, any ways the pic you are showing is a different check out my pics for the Brute 4x4 205/80 R 16[/quote]
whitemm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goa Great Escape 2012 vinod_nookala 4x4 Excursions 2 14th August 2012 11:31
Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09 scorpian 4x4 Excursions 41 12th August 2009 18:24
Planning for Mahindra Great Escape- Goa 25-July-2009 Samurai 4x4 Excursions 25 22nd July 2009 18:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks