Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 29th March 2009, 15:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Just coming back from the Jeep Thrills event. It was wonderfully organized and was fun to see all those beautiful jeeps vying for the top spot through that maze of totally whacked out road.

The line up consisted to MM540's, Kaisers, Land Rover, Wranglers, Pajero's and even a VW Tourage turned up.

The sun was hot, the participants were even hotter with superb focus,determination and grit to scale all that trecherous terrain.

In the entire lot, there was a cute Blue color jeet ( not sure if it was an MM540 or a wrangler stood out and a couple of other well maintained ones too).

VW Tourag showed its brute torque power and scaled most of the terrain with much ease. Great show there.

Will post up some pictures taken shortly. Kudos to the organizers, participants and ofcourse the spectators including a bunch of TBHPian's ( Me, Suren, MC, Ravs,Abysnthguzzler, Pulsar, Fazal, Devidas, Prabhu etc). It was great fun meeting you guys, as usual
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 16:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Just coming back from the Jeep Thrills event. It was wonderfully organized and was fun to see all those beautiful jeeps vying for the top spot through that maze of totally whacked out road.

The line up consisted to MM540's, Kaisers, Land Rover, Wranglers, Pajero's and even a VW Tourage turned up.

The sun was hot, the participants were even hotter with superb focus,determination and grit to scale all that trecherous terrain.

In the entire lot, there was a cute Blue color jeet ( not sure if it was an MM540 or a wrangler stood out and a couple of other well maintained ones too).

VW Tourag showed its brute torque power and scaled most of the terrain with much ease. Great show there.

Will post up some pictures taken shortly. Kudos to the organizers, participants and ofcourse the spectators including a bunch of TBHPian's ( Me, Suren, MC, Ravs,Abysnthguzzler, Pulsar, Fazal, Devidas, Prabhu etc). It was great fun meeting you guys, as usual
I was there too. Took some photographs shall upload them sometime today. I think I spoted your read Viva it had 3 Team BHP stickers. I got to meet Shams. I didn't know he is a member here. He know me as a member of HPC(Hyderabad Photography Club) on Flickr.com. I thought I saw Rajshekhar but was not sure.

I was lucky that I got to click a Silver SLK and a Toyota Celica and a Yamaha Fazer it was parked out side.

Last edited by guyonblackybx : 29th March 2009 at 16:19.
guyonblackybx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 17:16   #18
BHPian

I did happen to bump into Prabhu and Suren. And Avi, saw your car. I was clicking a few pics and later I went home during lunch, couldnt take the heat anymore. Oh yes, there was a Fazer parked outside.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 19:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
I was there too. Took some photographs shall upload them sometime today. I think I spoted your read Viva it had 3 Team BHP stickers. I got to meet Shams. I didn't know he is a member here. He know me as a member of HPC(Hyderabad Photography Club) on Flickr.com. I thought I saw Rajshekhar but was not sure.

I was lucky that I got to click a Silver SLK and a Toyota Celica and a Yamaha Fazer it was parked out side.
Yup, that was my viva. If Raj was there, he would have been with us. So he was not there. Even i saw the celica parked outside. Strange, that you never meet up with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
I did happen to bump into Prabhu and Suren. And Avi, saw your car. I was clicking a few pics and later I went home during lunch, couldnt take the heat anymore. Oh yes, there was a Fazer parked outside.
Sagar, what happened to you? You took off without meeting any of us? Came all the way alone on the bike just to take pictures?
Old 29th March 2009, 19:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sagar, what happened to you? You took off without meeting any of us? Came all the way alone on the bike just to take pictures?
Nai yaar, came with a few of my friends just to click pics. Am not at all into offroading and jeeps. I did meet Suren and Prabhu. They told me that your on your way. Trust me on this, I was so hit by the sun that all I kept on saying was "McD, ac, coke!" lol. While walking back towards the bike, I saw your car. And yeah, am bikeless lol, sold off my pulsar.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:00   #21
BHPian

It was an amazing event!! people turned up with lot of enthusiasm despite the scorching sun. Lot of CJs, Gypsys and Mahindras...

here are some pics
Attached Images

wads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 20:02   #22
BHPian

some more pics from the same set.

Fazal bhai waiting for your set of pics...
Attached Images

wads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 20:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Here are some of the pictures that i have taken during whatever little time i spent there. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6693.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6519.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6595.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6706.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6527.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6745.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6495.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6511.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6523.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-dsc_6630.jpg  

Old 29th March 2009, 21:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just look at the incline in the second last pic posted by mobike!

Prabhu got a jeep from one of his friend's and we were off towards the OTR with great enthusiasm! Prabhu driving, me on the passenger seat with the mobile cam on, and our dear milcruncher hanging on to dear life at the back bench!

Unfortunately, the jeep we got, the 4L was not working properly and the engine did not have enough power to make it to the top of that incline! (But, yeah, my first time on such a terrain in a Jeep, I was actually scared that we might topple over! LOL)

It sure was a rocking event.

Fazal bhai, looking forward for some amazing pictures through those massive lenses you were carrying today!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 21:39   #25
BHPian

and here are some from my side:
Attached Images

rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 22:48   #26
BHPian

Here a few shots from my side.
Attached Images

Old 29th March 2009, 22:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, that was my viva. If Raj was there, he would have been with us. So he was not there. Even i saw the celica parked outside. Strange, that you never meet up with us.
@ mobike008 I spotted your car while I was leaving.

Quote:
Fazal bhai, looking forward for some amazing pictures through those massive lenses you were carrying today!
@ pulsar56 I suppose it was Canon 200 prime lens. I have seen him. I didnt know he was member of Team BHP

Here are my pics from the event:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-jeep-thrills.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-last-climb.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-first-few-who-couldnt-climb-first-hill.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-montero-climbing-down.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-blue-toyota-cruiser-climbing-first-hill.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-jumbos-attempt-climb-hill1.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-first-climb-first-hill.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-so-many-em.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-3.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-worn-out-warrior.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-willy-jeep.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-gypsy-among-jeeps.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-range-rover.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-toyota-land-cruiser.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-mitsubishi-montero.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-jeeps-together.jpg  

Last edited by guyonblackybx : 29th March 2009 at 23:04.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:02   #28
BHPian

A few more from my side...
Attached Images

Old 29th March 2009, 23:32   #29
HPP
BHPian

Looks like a great event. I had no idea anything like this was done in HYD. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have one of these events coincide with one of my trips there. I'm also wondering if any of my relatives were there with their Jeeps. And the pics of the FJ40's really make me wish my bro-in-law didn't sell his(in HYD). It was beautifully restored.
HPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 23:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
A few more from my side...

Lovely snap.You have got them perfectly.

Few more form my sude:

mobike008's Viva

Toyota Celia n Merc SLK200

Finaly it was not all bout men and their Jeeps:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-mobike008.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-mobike008-.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-celia-n-slk200.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-quad-kid.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-red-bull-gals.jpg