Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 30th March 2009, 18:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Hi Yougesh,

Ill be sending you the number of Anukraman in Jaipur he has a Gypsy and is also the guy how was involved in routing out the Desert Strom track. Get in touch with him. He is a very active enthusiast

REdgs

Amit
Hi Yogesh,

Couldnt tarce his mob no. but sent him an email with a cc to you. he drices a Gypsy 4x4

REgds

Amit
Tusker4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 18:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Khan and thanks Amit, that would be great. Also I read in another post about best place to buy tow ropes, if anyone going to buy can they buy one for me too, I'll collect when I'll come to Delhi next time.

I wanted one more advice, see the pics below:

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-adscf7598.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-bdscf7597.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf7591.jpg

These are scratches from thorns and tree branches on the roll cage. What can be done to take care of these along with keeping the look.

Thanks
Yogesh
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 18:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Thanks Khan and thanks Amit, that would be great. Also I read in another post about best place to buy tow ropes, if anyone going to buy can they buy one for me too, I'll collect when I'll come to Delhi next time.

I wanted one more advice, see the pics below:

Attachment 118082

Attachment 118083

Attachment 118084

These are scratches from thorns and tree branches on the roll cage. What can be done to take care of these along with keeping the look.

Thanks
Yogesh
Yogesh

it is called collateral damage. Offroading and no scratches not possible.

you can have a front top canvas cover. That will protect you from sun also. Check pranshuls red CJ 340 in the 28th OTR pics

Regds

Amit
Tusker4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 18:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Please replace the tyres of your CJ340. Use JK Brute 215.75R15 or MRF 215/75R15. Don't go for any fancy stuff. It will not work in OTR conditions.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 19:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am on for the 5th Yogesh, guess it will be fun.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 13:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Randeep, I would love to acompany you to the workshop. Hope you are coming on Saturday so that we can keep an OTR early morning on Sunday 5th April.

Anyone else want to join are most welcome. Alfa, Deky?

My first preference would be to take you along, but as we live in two different corners of Jaipur it becomes a bit dificult. I will search Google to see what is trifor. When is your Jeep getting ready?

Thats a nice idea... I will plan so I get free time on weekend of 11th when I come to delhi, as i want tyres, hooks, ropes as well as if we get a good winch.
Hi, Ym-enjn, I wonder that living in two different corners in Jaipur making you worried and here I am planning to drive to Jaipur (375 KM one way) if you are planning a big OTR on the Saturday, 11th April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Ill be sending you the number of Anukraman in Jaipur he has a Gypsy and is also the guy how was involved in routing out the Desert Strom track. Get in touch with him. He is a very active enthusiast
Great if Anukraman can also join us. He is a nice man and very much active in rally racce and all.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 14:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Details of Jaipur NIOC Team-Bhp OTR 5th April, Sunday.

Details of Jaipur NIOC Team-Bhp OTR 5th April, Sunday.

We plan to go to Jagatpura Aravalli hills location, going deeper and finding a name for that trail.

Meeting point is my home at 6.30 AM. We all start at 6.40.

People confirmed so far are:
1) Yogesh : CL340
2) Anukraman : Gypsy 4X4
3) Dhiraj (Deky)
4) Randeep (delhi)
5) Vivek

We’ll take our jeep and gypsy as high as they can go and then will climb to hill top for our brunch. Get along some water, drinks and snacks and bring a little extra for sharing. Randeep being exception as he will be our guest.

I will check with Anukraman for tow ropes.

Alfa_kilo, are you coming, Anukraman will start from his home in Shyam nagar. If you want I can give you his number you both can tie-up..
Old 31st March 2009, 14:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Details of Jaipur NIOC Team-Bhp OTR 5th April, Sunday.

We plan to go to Jagatpura Aravalli hills location, going deeper and finding a name for that trail.

Meeting point is my home at 6.30 AM. We all start at 6.40.

People confirmed so far are:
3) Dhiraj (Deky)
4) Randeep (delhi)
5) Vivek

We’ll take our jeep and gypsy as high as they can go and then will climb to hill top for our brunch. Get along some water, drinks and snacks and bring a little extra for sharing. Randeep being exception as he will be our guest.

I will check with Anukraman for tow ropes.

Alfa_kilo, are you coming, Anukraman will start from his home in Shyam nagar. If you want I can give you his number you both can tie-up..
Thanks Yogesh,

It would be a please to join you guys. There's one thing i'm working on, if completed I shall surely see you there in Jaipur. I may even be able to rope in a few people for the same.

Till then Cheers brother !!!!
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 15:36   #24
BHPian

Great going Yogesh!!!,

All the best Guys, Have a safe OTR.

Cheers

Sarvinder singh
(on behalf of the Delhi and NCR Jeepers)
willys MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 01:39   #25
BHPian

I am certianly coming! See you sunday morning. I'll be a passenger though.
Alfa_Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Hi, Ym-enjn, I wonder that living in two different corners in Jaipur making you worried and here I am planning to drive to Jaipur (375 KM one way) if you are planning a big OTR on the Saturday, 11th April.

Great if Anukraman can also join us. He is a nice man and very much active in rally racce and all.
Hi Narain (please correct me if I am wrong),

It would be great to have you with us. For the 11th we will decide when we all meet at ORT on 5th. It also depends upon what NCR NIOC is planning, as i would like to go to delhi myself with my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Thanks Yogesh,

It would be a please to join you guys. There's one thing i'm working on, if completed I shall surely see you there in Jaipur. I may even be able to rope in a few people for the same.

Till then Cheers brother !!!!
No problem, so we keep your chances as 50-50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ym-enjn (Jaipur BHPian) - I am busy now, will reply to you by tomorrow. Please do not purchase tyres till then. Behram Dhabhar
Yes Sir!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That's really surprising. One of my friends here in bangalore has JK Brute 4x4 on his MM540 and he really 'curses' the tyres. (and they are very new & less used) I have seen them struggle on slightest sight of slush. Infact he is so pissed with these tyres that he is thiking of buyiong a new 'proper' off-road tyre set.

Now am wondering what could the issue be.!!!
Khan on your thread of spoa there is a mention on Brute 4x4, infact someone saying not to sell them?

The SPoA Project - page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
I am certianly coming! See you sunday morning. I'll be a passenger though.
Great now the brigade is complete. So the list stand as:

3) Dhiraj (Deky)
4) Randeep (delhi) (50-50%)
5) Vivek
6) Alfa_kilo
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this is a recce thread, it had more posts about tyres than about recce. Tyre posts have been moved to the proper thread. - Admin Team
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 22:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Taala nadi- River bed trail search - 19 April 2009

In our search for trails, this time we decided to go 50 kms away from jaipur on delhi road. From where there is a dry river going to Ram garh dam. We went into the riverbed and went some 15 to 17 kms on a loose sand tracks. It was a nice track for rally style driving. We didn't had people to take photos so not much to show...

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8440.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8446.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8452.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8456.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8459.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-dscf8463.jpg

Old 21st April 2009, 09:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
Hi, carry a tirfor and a long rope with you. The tirfor is a very versatile recovery device which will get you out of practically any trouble. Then you can offroad alone confidently!
Alfa kilo, make sure you carry a friend along though, that way if you have no anchor point , you could use a sand shovel and bury the said "friend" about waist deep in the sand and use him instead
motocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 12:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Alfa kilo, make sure you carry a friend along though, that way if you have no anchor point , you could use a sand shovel and bury the said "friend" about waist deep in the sand and use him instead
Yup, passengers are very usefull during offroading. Pull/push, sand anchors, sand channels and strap extensions...
Wonder why most of my friends came offroading with me only once...
Alfa_Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote