Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 17th July 2009, 15:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

LOL! I wonder where the OP is - I think between DesertFox & Manuuj, you guys scared him away
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 17:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
LOL! I wonder where the OP is - I think between DesertFox & Manuuj, you guys scared him away
Hahahaha! It does seem so! Sorry for the intrusion Rangerover!

Did you manage going for some OTR's by the way?..Do post some pics of your Rangie please!

Cheers!

Last edited by Manuuj : 17th July 2009 at 17:21.
Manuuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Which range rover is it ? A Range rover is OK but not a serious off roader unless you are ready for a hefty repair bill after the OTR or have a few guys at the local insurance office eating out of your hands.
Hi Shahid,

Would love to see it perform with us in NIOC ;o))

Then we will come to know how capable machine it is and what offroading they are talking about

Redgs

Amit
Tusker4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
As far as Toyota products go i agree wholeheartedly that they offer complete peace of mind for about 20 years atleast.

..but to tell you the truth when this Rangie is retired the only vehicle that will take its place will be another Range Rover.

You talk my language. The Range Rover is my firm favourite when it comes to SUVs. Only a Range Rover can be a Range Rover. If only I had the moolah...

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2009 at 12:32.
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 12:35   #20
BHPian

I am sort of confused....!

Vehicles which are exteremly capable world over (read Land rovers, TLC amazon's et al),...would not work at the terrain we do at NIOC. Reason only SWB high GC vehicle can come away with little damage. Case in point the two Grand Vitara's which are licking their wounds fresh from yesterdays OTR.

Does this make them any less capable,..or the losely coined term Soft roaders. I dont think so...but I am truely confused now!

Some call the TLC Amazon the ultimate off-roader but the ultimate offroader would be impaled at the simplest of terrain in the aravalies,.. where the humble Cj3b & MM550 hop over.

So is it about versatility even then apart from dunes (where these V8 monsters rule) the MM's come away from all other off-roading terrain thrown at them.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote