Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 20th August 2009, 14:11   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent off-road course. How did the 4WD Scorpio and Endeavour do?
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 11:30   #47
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Hey, I know those guys on the gypsy (in pics s130 & s131). How did they perform?
Only last part we saw them in action and they performed very well and offcourse it's Gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Excellent off-road course. How did the 4WD Scorpio and Endeavour do?
Scorpio is good only for forest trail with mild slush for this terrain never bring it, owner has experience with the scorpio thats why he reomved the bumper before starting it and it had some issue with engine not sure what exactly the problem was.
Seen Endeavour action in bangalore and it performed very well and it also depends on driver. In Munzerabad never got a chance to see in action so cannot say how it perform.
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 20:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

so the scorpio 4X4 didn't fare well eh. weight issue? or tyre issue? or driver issue? coz mechanically , it carries the pedigree of its elder brothers. beats me.
as for the course, it looks awesome. is it like that all year round or was it made like that for the drive?
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 22:51   #49
Sha
BHPian

Check out, how Pajero was struggling to clear the obstacle.

Old 11th September 2009, 10:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sha,
I would say looking at the video it was purely drivers mistake. Pajero is a heavy vehicle. You cannot do much after it is stuck!! He should have cleared it with momentum at first place. Plus that section seems to be very slippery. Even Gypsy had to forward and reverse to clear that section!! Pajero is not a jeep or a Gypsy a push here and there, a little shake and it comes out flying! I heard some one saying clutch is burning (smell)...that shows the incompetency of the driver not the vehicle.

Pajero is incomparable with smaller vehicles which will obviously be more aglile. I feel in the same situation even Scorpio, Safari would have struggled a lot!! Basically with heavy vehicles you cannot do much after it is stuck!! Bringing Gypsy to rescue such heavy vehicle was even more funny!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 11th September 2009 at 10:35.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 11:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Bringing Gypsy to rescue such heavy vehicle was even more funny!
of course it was, and it has to come for rescue because it was Marshal vehicle. and more funnier then this was another gypsy which was trying to winch it back when there was another jeep with winch next to it. instead of pajero coming back, the gypsy was going down.
star_aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 11:25   #52
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Sha,
I would say looking at the video it was purely drivers mistake. Pajero is a heavy vehicle. You cannot do much after it is stuck!! He should have cleared it with momentum at first place. Plus that section seems to be very slippery. Even Gypsy had to forward and reverse to clear that section!! Pajero is not a jeep or a Gypsy a push here and there, a little shake and it comes out flying! I heard some one saying clutch is burning (smell)...that shows the incompetency of the driver not the vehicle.

Pajero is incomparable with smaller vehicles which will obviously be more aglile. I feel in the same situation even Scorpio, Safari would have struggled a lot!! Basically with heavy vehicles you cannot do much after it is stuck!! Bringing Gypsy to rescue such heavy vehicle was even more funny!
Vinod you are right about pajero, it was first driver mistake and then weight of the vehicle. I have already commented long back in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ne-ites-2.html

About Gypsy pulling it was insane they should know capability of Gypsy just because they had winch does not mean they can pull, winch in Gypsy is for self recovery tool.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:51   #53
Sha
BHPian

Grand Vitara at Munzerabad Trail video

Old 25th September 2009, 17:14   #54

You could check a video on The Munzerabad Offbeat on youtube at

The Video is a made from personal cam's and has a lot of own vehicles & faces, so bear with it.

Cheers,
Snapatrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 19:53   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapatrail View Post
You could check a video on The Munzerabad Offbeat on youtube at

The Video is a made from personal cam's and has a lot of own vehicles & faces, so bear with it.

Cheers,
Isn't it Krishna's (kittigadu) Jeep?
PS: Thanks for Sharing t he video

Thanks
--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 02:32   #56

Yep..it is Krishna's vehicle ( and a few more of my friends)... i was'nt driving though! i chipped in with a few inputs a lil moral support and basically enjoyed the drive.

Being one of the last vehicles, we surely had to go thru the worst possible terrain, i think the vehicle did a good job. The other one was a bolero camper, which i reckon is the worst possible vehicle for this terrain, but we felt that the fun increases with the difficulty. you could check out last years video too.

Snapatrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 02:58   #57

Hey guys, new to this forum. From bangalore and took part in this drive in a nissan patrol. though i am very late, just thought that i ll post a few pictures.
abaan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 03:06   #58

have many pictures of this event, having a tough time uploading the pictures. new to this forum, please help.
Old 12th April 2010, 07:58   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaan10 View Post
have many pictures of this event, having a tough time uploading the pictures. new to this forum, please help.
Hi Abaan, Here is the help :-)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:15   #60

thanx for the help, but its still not going ahead of the "uploading files-please wait" . its probably because i am using a mac. if u can give me ur email id i shall send a few to you so that you can upload them.