Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 13th October 2009, 19:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

aamir bhai, that incline is very much a challenge. How did the machines perform on this spot.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 21:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
wah ji wah aamir bhai as usuall the off road boys with their toys on their favorite outing!

glad to see my fav red willys truck in action. looks like your club is expanding with new members joining the club.

location kithey hai?
You are absolutely right, our club is growing day by day.
These tracks are very near to Islamabad.
I told Hassan to upload more pictures of his Willys Hurricane Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
aamir bhai do i see an old old toyota land cruiser parked along side the blue wrangler?

or is that a Chevy wagon?

I think the picture you are talking about is of Wagoneer. Our General Secretary ( IJC ) Dr Ehsaan Kiani is the proud owner of this.
He did this track ( Patli Gali ) in a very nice manner

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys MB View Post
Aamir Bhai,

Lovely collection of 4x4's and a great terrain. How far is this place from Islamabad? How did all the 4x4's preform? Your MB must be the one which must have preformed the best, these WW II jeeps are amazing and even after 65 odd years these are the best off road jeeps. Even i have so much confidence in my MB that i can almost clear all obstacle's in our OTR's in and around Gurgaon. Looking forward to more pics and OTR's by IJC.

Cheers

Sarvinder
Thanx for appreciating 4x4 collection of our club. The terrain is very challenging.
Around 6 did this tough track.
Mine is Ford GPW 1942 & I did this track after watching four ride so it helped me a lot.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Eddy : 13th October 2009 at 22:08. Reason: Back to back posts
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 22:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
aamir bhai, that incline is very much a challenge. How did the machines perform on this spot.
No doubt it is among the tougher ones

Nissan Safari
Wagoneer
Land Rover White
Willys MB 1942
Land Rover Grey
&
Ford GPW 1942

These 4x4's did that tough track.

I will upload more pics of the event soon.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:49   #19
BHPian

Name:  dsc04155_COL_PakWheelscom.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  179.0 KB

I see that this vehicle is using Yokohama MT tires. How did this vehicle performed and any piece of advice on this tyre.

I had been using yoko but my woes are soft rubber which gets cut easily and have suffered many side wall punctures :(
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Default Which NDMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
Special request to all silent viewers,
Need your comments
Aamir Bhai what spec Non direction tread tyres are you using on your Jeep. Are they 7.15, 7.16, or 6.16.
Also would help to know what make it is (goodyear NDT etc.).

Here in India we still get 6.16 NDMS made by MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) brand new,.. lesser known tyre company's also make 7.16's but quality may be suspect.

As always great event and great snaps. Incidently one of my good friends from Pakistan seems to know you,..does Osama Mustafa ring a bell.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 14th October 2009 at 14:29.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 23:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Attachment 210018

I see that this vehicle is using Yokohama MT tires. How did this vehicle performed and any piece of advice on this tyre.

I had been using yoko but my woes are soft rubber which gets cut easily and have suffered many side wall punctures :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Aamir Bhai what spec Non direction tread tyres are you using on your Jeep. Are they 7.15, 7.16, or 6.16.
Also would help to know what make it is (goodyear NDT etc.).

Here in India we still get 6.16 NDMS made by MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) brand new,.. lesser known tyre company's also make 7.16's but quality may be suspect.

As always great event and great snaps. Incidently one of my good friends from Pakistan seems to know you,..does Osama Mustafa ring a bell.
I am using 600.16 General tyres
They are ideal for CJ's, Willys & Ford GPW 1942
On our events so many Offroaders come n enjoy with us. I will recognise him if he comes in front of me.
Kindly send me ur collection of rides