Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 17:00   #1
c10
BHPian
 
c10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 6 Times
Exclamation India’s First Closed Circuit Off Road Adventure - Betangala, Verajpet, Coorg.

Hi All, i am posting about "India’s First Closed Circuit Off Road Adventure" on behalf of the organiser to promote 4X4 Off - roading sport to all Team-Bhp'ians. The Details are as below..

"India’s First Closed Circuit Off Road Adventure"
Sponsored by: Castrol Magnatec
Organised by: VASA Autosports
Venue: Betangala, Verajpet, Coorg
Date: 24th (Saturday, Documentation) and 25th of October 2009 (Sunday) event starts at 8AM


The event is first of its kind in India, running on a Closed Circuit format, Earlier 4 x 4 was just fun, But Fun is made Competitive here. Natural Stream crossing and a dip is part of the track with an artificial seviour slush patch and water log created to make it more challenging. Total of 3 laps might approximate be around 750mts, initial lap shall be a warm up lap. With single vehicle running at a time and the running time taken shall be considered to declare the winner. The event being spectator friendly, giving a opportunity for them to understand and enjoy the sport.

Since it is executed for the first time the entries shall be limited to 40 vehicles to make the event short and sweet. Only driver shall be entitled to be on the vehicle, while his team mates shall support him only to clear the hurdle. Thus shall be an perfect example for team work. The track is not made more aggressive and hard, keeping in view this being a pioneer event, but shall be a known fact for the Autocross drivers.

Participants from Coorg, Chickmagalore, Shimoga, Bangalore and Kerala shall take part in this event. The real challenge shall be between the Imported SUVs and the Indian SUVs how they take on the tricky terrain.

Classification:
SUV ( INDIAN ) Class: Event Time: 8 AM to 10 AM, Scorpio, Bolero, Pajero etc
Jeep Class: Event Time: 10.15 AM to 1 PM,willys, jeeps, MM540 etc
SUV ( IMPORTED ) Class: Event Time: 1.15 PM to 2.15 PM, Land Rover, Imp Pajero, Nissan patrol, etc.
Gypsy Class: 2.30 PM to 3.15 PM
Followed by Lunch

For Details / Clarifications Contact Organiser:
Mr. Ashok Tewari | CEO VASA Autosports | Mobile: 9845296190


Cheers,
c10.

Last edited by c10 : 16th October 2009 at 17:06.
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 19:48   #2
BHPian
 
shams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 78
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hello c10,

Thanks for the post.

Although the effort in organizing this event is appreciated, it is late by a year and a half in recent times to be India's first closed circuit 4x4 adventure.

Jeep Thrills Hyderabad has been organizing competitive closed circuit 4x4 events since Feb-Mar 2008 with man made and improvised tracks, the one in the last event - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 held at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport being 2Kms long.

You can read further and view pictures on JTH's events on the following links from within the forum

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...9-march-8.html (Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-2008-a-4.html (Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Mitsubishi Monsoon Challenge 31/08/2008)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ch-08-a-2.html (Hyderabad Off-Road Challenge - 16th March 08)

Best wishes for a safe and happy event
shams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 15:05   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,575
Thanked: 80,461 Times
Default

Offroad fever is spreading and how! I hope to see a good number of BHPians participating in this event. Good luck.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 13:08   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: goa
Posts: 146
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

dear shams,
It is indeed true that 4x4 fever is spreading far and wide.now from simple 4x4 outings things are getting competitive.not many know on what format the competition is run.Is is just like autocross i.e. absoulute speed with penalty for hitting markers,etc. or something more? I suggest you start a seperate thread to explain the various types of competitions for 4x4 in detail.
cheers
rallystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:42   #5
c10
BHPian
 
c10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 6 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Hello c10,

Thanks for the post.

Although the effort in organizing this event is appreciated, it is late by a year and a half in recent times to be India's first closed circuit 4x4 adventure.

Jeep Thrills Hyderabad has been organizing competitive closed circuit 4x4 events since Feb-Mar 2008 with man made and improvised tracks, the one in the last event - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 held at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport being 2Kms long.

You can read further and view pictures on JTH's events on the following links from within the forum

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...9-march-8.html (Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...-2008-a-4.html (Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Mitsubishi Monsoon Challenge 31/08/2008)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ch-08-a-2.html (Hyderabad Off-Road Challenge - 16th March 08)

Best wishes for a safe and happy event

Hi Shams,
The organiser has gone through the video's on youtube and got back to me stating that this event is completely different from the ones shown in the video.. Will bring more details soon as & when i'm updated...

Hoping to see our Bangalore crowd in good numbers..

Cheers,
c10
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 20:59   #6
BHPian
 
swastikviji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 417
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Hi All,

Any body from Bangalore to this event , We (star_aqua,Sha,Sidarth,rehan and Tanzeem) are planning to leave by Saturday morning.

Last edited by swastikviji : 21st October 2009 at 21:01.
swastikviji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:12   #7
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Hi Shams,
The organiser has gone through the video's on youtube and got back to me stating that this event is completely different from the ones shown in the video.. Will bring more details soon as & when i'm updated...

Hoping to see our Bangalore crowd in good numbers..

Cheers,
c10
hi c10,

this is something that all T-Bhp Bangy boys would be looking forward to.. if you could get more details on the event, and you need to hurry as the day is getting closer.. I think i would be there.. not 100% sure tho..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:13   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Its come up in short notice. I might be there. Hopefully. Sounds interesting.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:16   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi All,

Any body from Bangalore to this event , We (star_aqua,Sha,Sidarth,rehan and Tanzeem) are planning to leave by Saturday morning.
Wow.!! which all vehicles?

Wishing you all the best and have fun and rock the party
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:23   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi All,

Any body from Bangalore to this event , We (star_aqua,Sha,Sidarth,rehan and Tanzeem) are planning to leave by Saturday morning.
Any idea on the distance from Ooty to this place.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:38   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Any idea on the distance from Ooty to this place.
Should be around 210-220KMs. Almost same as Bangy. So, you can start saturday early morning from Ooty.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 21:39   #12
BHPian
 
swastikviji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 417
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Wow.!! which all vehicles?

Wishing you all the best and have fun and rock the party
Hi Khan Sir as of now My 550, My Gypsy with a Competitive Driver, Shakir Gypsy,Tanzeem Nissan patrol, Rehan Scorpio,
swastikviji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 22:37   #13
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 545
Thanked: 455 Times
Default

Nice! is anyone from mangalore/Udupi and surrounding areas taking part?
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 23:07   #14
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,045
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Nice! is anyone from mangalore/Udupi and surrounding areas taking part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Participants from Coorg, Chickmagalore, Shimoga, Bangalore and Kerala shall take part in this event.
I hope he is not ruling out us Mangalore/Udupi Jeepers.

I just came back from a trip, I'll need a day to check my work load and decide.

BTW, I have met the organiser of this event before. I have mentioned him in last year's Coorg MGE report: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/996255-post33.html

Last edited by Samurai : 21st October 2009 at 23:14.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:15   #15
c10
BHPian
 
c10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 6 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
hi c10,

this is something that all T-Bhp Bangy boys would be looking forward to.. if you could get more details on the event, and you need to hurry as the day is getting closer.. I think i would be there.. not 100% sure tho..
Hi All, with the info i have from organiser, this event and track is completely different from the events held in Hyd.. I am told its a closed circuit, slushy, with dips, stream crossing.. Its lap & times based event..

For quicker response And more details, i'm reachable on 99800 22779..

Cheers,
c10.
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013" JeepCaptain 4x4 Excursions 7 2nd March 2013 12:45
Off Road Adventure: 'Raid-de-Bannerghatta' A-jay 4x4 Excursions 47 14th April 2012 18:07
Auto Track Off-Road Adventure-13.11.2010, Balehonnur. c10 4x4 Excursions 13 18th November 2010 19:37
Auto Track's off road adventure c10 Indian Motorsport 0 6th October 2010 10:35
Off Road Adventure - Apr 7th, Chennai n_aditya 4x4 Excursions 6 24th April 2007 09:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks