Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 5th November 2009, 00:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Pics never prove a thing frnd. Though I wish someone could have photographed showing all the adrenaline rush!
LoL @ 11.5 jeeps!! Something went wrong with picture attachments, they have been attached as thumbnails![/quote]

Agreed and i hope that your wish has now been fulfilled
Those pics were not mine to take credit for, hence the thumbnails.
The land cruiser surely had it's components missing and we're still in a dilemma whether or not to keep it or add the vitamin it needs and test it out. Still not entirely convinced that it can handle such a tough terrain even if restored to it's prime. Remember the getaway.
Might put it to test for this sunday's trailbashing event and then decide further on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys MB View Post
Hi, Married2speed,

Hope you guys enjoyed the OTR ? Looking forward to more OTR's with you guys. Suggest, pls go for a 4x4 so that you guys enjoy more. There is nothing more enjoying then driving your own 4x4 on an OTR.

Cheers

Sarvinder
Oh we simply loved it sir and kept on raving about it like a kid does when he gets a new toy. Looking forward for the others eagerly and also for the trailbashing event this coming sunday and I hope you would certainly be coming.
It would be great fun driving our own jeep and i promise you this, it shall be soon.
By the way, I could not find the website of NIOC nor it showed up in google. The link that Laxman sir told me, also didn't seem to quiet work. Could you please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

i see gypsies being stuck in the photos, any particular reason?
Parm, like Ankit mentioned, only Rohit's gypsy was getting stuck although both of them are black and similar, it's easy to mistake them for each other. Apart from the tyre's being the culprit, rohit's gypsy also lacked some engine power. When revved on getting stuck, it sorta died down and never roared as a gypsy King should but considering that it was attending the first OTR, it was a sprited show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attari View Post
Dude super pictures... Keep them coming.

rgds
saif

PS: Love the naration
Thanks mate and it was nice meeting you at the OTR. Hope to see more of you in the time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Wow! Sand blasting is happening amazingly well. That particular incline is too challenging with sand shifting and less grip for the tyres. Slush seems have inspired offroaders more.

Great photos by all.
Quite right dwarka, the terrain was too damned difficult. There was a terrain wherein everyone had their hearts in the mouth and some of the jeeps event went airborne. Couldn't' click pics of that as the only way to get around was to be in the jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
married2speed - great pics. Excellent writeup of the events. Keep it coming.

Rohit's gypsy had road tyres hence it was not doing the sany inclines very well whereas my gypsy has OE tyres which are good for off-road use but not great on road.

Cheers
Ankit
Thanks mate. Glad you liked it. You seem to have a nice set of wheels. Like you said earlier, maybe you could exchange it with Harjeev's ranger for the next OTR
married2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 01:34   #32
BHPian

With the slush not inspiring much apart from Rohit and Amit's jeeps & some local trouble, everyone moved on. However, to reach the next checkpoint, everyone had a tough time & a trail once driven upon, wouldn't just do it for the following driver, so everyone had to make their own road.

The first to struggle was the scorpio 4*4 but luckily for her, she was being driven by the grandmaster of offroading himself, Mr. Sudhir Kashyp. Being a passenger with him in the scorpio, one could easily make out the dept of knowledge he has and coupled with modesty, you can guarantee that an OTR with him in it, will never find you being stuck anyone. Infact, harjeev's jeep was bailed out by him on a terrain. That being said, the getaway, which was driven by Laxman sir , won't have gotten past checkpoint number 1 if it wasn't he who was driving.
We came across a terrain which was 90 degrees in climb and couple that with the long wheelbase it certainly wasn't easy. With our seatbelts on, we floored her, went airborne and almost over the cliff on the other side.
However, all of us made it to checkpoint # 3 where the fun began. However, for the getaway, we decided to make our own road and ventured into unknown territory and managed to get a sidewall cut.
With the cell phone's barely working, a distress call was made out and all jeepers came to rescue thereby cutting short the activity at checkpoint # 3.
What followed was a lesson to be learnt for all future OTR's.
The getaway and the scorpio had both returned from the Riad. When the getaway's tyre was lowered, which itself was a helluva task, it was discovered that the entire tyre was torn to bits. Thank god for the presence again of Sudhir sir, that the scorpio's tyre was moved onto the getaway. Having said that, such rotten luck that the getaway was carrying with her, the jack sunk into the soft ground ever so slightly, which required us digging the ground over with a "Kassi". With that over, everyone proceeded for lunch.
Lunch was short and sweet and I'd like to thank everyone present who made both me and my friend welcome into the group. So much so, I guess sarvinder sir even mentioned, "yeh team-bhp waaley itna time kyon lagaatey hai open up honey key liyey"
With the lunch over, everyone moved onto the next checkpoint. However, with the clock almost striking 1pm and the weather not being so kind, most of the jeepers called it a day and it was time out. That was not before Rohit's gypsy had another incident and crashed right into the rear of randeep's jeep. Luckily no one was hurt and the toughness of both the jeeps was shown with randeep's jeep barely getting a scratch and the gypsy getting no more than a tilted fender.
With that, the OTR was brought to an end and everyone took off.
Special thank to Harjeev and Amit who brought us back to the abandoned FJ 55
As for the pictures to these events, i ran out of space on my memory card. None the less, here are a few more pictures which were clicked earlier.
Out!
Attached Images

Old 5th November 2009, 01:45   #33
BHPian

Default And the final set of pix....

Sweet memories to cherish- looking forward for gathering some more soon
Attached Images

Old 5th November 2009, 11:15   #34
BHPian

M2S - great pics and write up. Thanks for keeping the memories of this wonderful OTR fresh in our minds.

You should get the LC converted back to 4wd. Its a formidable machine and can do proper OTRs along with other jeeps. Dont mistake is for a softroader. You have a raw diamond there. You need to work on it and turn it in to a real gem. Not many people get such opportunities. Speak to Allan (xtreme power on tbhp) and he should be able to help you.

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 22:24   #35
BHPian

wonderful snaps and write up
bet you guys had a wonderfull time
especially bailing out the black gypsy
eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 23:27   #36
BHPian

married2speed - cool snaps, which camera and lens used if I may ask (OT, but cannot resist ).
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote