Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 14th June 2010, 23:37   #136
Team-BHP Support

It really bothers me that no time based score is given for offroading, everybody gets 60 points as long as they collect all the stupid flags. The best and worst offroader gets the same points. If this is about offroading, how about giving some competitive scoring for offroading. Today even the bat cave challenge was not scored on time.

As usual Netra goes on and on about Endeavor, does she know that Endeavor won't survive most of the hardcore offroad trails in India?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 06:38   #137
BHPian

Netra is contractually obligated to plug the Endeavor. I'd like to be contractually obligated to return the favor
gsferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 12:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

Ayee! True! Collect 6 flags in your own sweet time and you get full points!!!

And for the off roading part, do not understand what benefit Apollo got in this? Just that their name being announced and, in some shots their tires, being shown? This looks like a family serial. :(

And about the host, notice that she is always going around and around when she is driving and praising the Endeavor, with Apollo tires, that is! And the best part, Endeavor has reverse camera too!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 21:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

This program is not worth the name.

Nothing wrt off roading ,they do branding for Apollo and Ford Endy

i pity the guys who wasted their time in it
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 23:03   #140
Senior - BHPian

congrats allan.
are you going to masai mara ?
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:29   #141
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Allan and Prithvi on your 1st and 2nd placing.

Now I am going to miss all the expert offroading tips by Netra Raghuraman. I was jotting it down religiously during every episode.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Allan & Prithvi, hope you have already taken up your prized trips. Very good communication skills & camaraderie shown by your teams, guess that made the difference.

About the show: Guess it was offroader's adventure show rather than offroading show. Was this NATGEO's first Indian show & were they cash-strapped to have brand promotions (Apollo, Spicejet, Woodlands) within the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now I am going to miss all the expert offroading tips by Netra Raghuraman. I was jotting it down religiously during every episode.
exactly, for a newbie like me, those tips were all the more important. LOL
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 21:35   #143
BHPian

Congrats Allan. Please post the Travelogue after your trip.
AKi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 08:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
This program is not worth the name.

Nothing wrt off roading ,they do branding for Apollo and Ford Endy

i pity the guys who wasted their time in it
Firstly, It is a releif that the real off roaders are in this forum and not in the show.

An opportunity to showcase the Indian off road scene was turned into a joke of a program, using its name.

Secondly, the program organizers lack of knowledge of off road culture and the disregard to safety, is clearly established. They get the hawks to wear helmets and rig them safe with ropes, but when it is comes to off roading, they blind fold the driver and the co-driver is sticking out the window on a rocky surface. One Hawk could have got her head cracked open if it was a wrong move even at 5 Kmph.

While watching this program I was counting the debits, no seat belts, riding outsite the vehicle, running over markers, etc where on an international scale event, the results would have been different.

Most of them seem to be riding on high tire pressure, off road, and speeding on road with Lifted Gypsey with big tires and no articulation, Wrong application for the right equipment. (Did anyone see the winch and the lights being used in the series?)

I am glad that the program is over without any fatalities, hope the excercise prepped them for the Masai Mara.

Cheers
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 13:57   #145
BHPian

Congrats Allan and Prithvi.
malgudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 16:22   #146

Hi Guys

I am not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but just to update that I have put some of the episodes on youtube just in case anyone is interested in viewing it-You can search "tigersingh1984" on the youtube, that's my profile name and you'll find the videos there.

Cheers
Chandeep

P.S:- I am the guy who was Allan's partner in the second episode and then paired up with the Pajero Kid.
Tigersingh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote