Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 16:31   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default

wow thats a great way to conduct an event..good going guys. You guys are setting a great example!!!
KSM-Vtec is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 19:03   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Yippieee.. ill be joining this OTR with Swastik viji and team . My second OTR. I was the ONLY NON-driver in coorg OTR (i dont have a 4X4) but this time it seems like I have some company .
livyodream is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 19:39   #93
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Yippieee.. ill be joining this OTR with Swastik viji and team . My second OTR. I was the ONLY NON-driver in coorg OTR (i dont have a 4X4) but this time it seems like I have some company .
Hey Akaash,
I told you that Viji, Siddhu & Shahnawaz are coming to this one.
Anyway, its nice to see that you would be joining in.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 19:49   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

I am just cursing my luck. So close yet so far. Dwarka Sir was kind enough to have arranged a slot, yet i have to miss it this time.
beejay is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 20:03   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default

is there any confirmation whether the THAR is coming to Bangalore or not??
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 20:06   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Akaash,
I told you that Viji, Siddhu & Shahnawaz are coming to this one.
Anyway, its nice to see that you would be joining in.
Cheers,
Deepak

Yup . Called up in the morning and confirmed the seat. got the window seat .
livyodream is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 21:30   #97
BHPian
 
RAINMAKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Mr. BEHRAM DHABHAR - JT Bangalore Off-Road Event 2010

New updates......9:15 PM - 19/1/2010

Mr. Arif Rizwi fom Mahindra called up.

1) Service Support - 2 4WD vehicles (with winches) and 6 technicians will come along the OTR course.

2) Thar Display - The Mahindra THAR & the 2 service vehicles will be come to the OTR spot in a Trailer from Mumbai. Also Mr. NARESH BHOSLE the senior technician will be there. Mr. BEHRAM DHABHAR (senior GM) the man behind the THAR will also be there. They will camp along with us and attend the 2 day event.

PS: - The Mahindra Thar will only be on Static Display. From the trailer to the display spot it will be pushed manually. It will not be driven as it is the only vehicle available and the next stop for it is EUROPE..

Look forward to some rocking times.....Courtesy ... Jeep Thrills - Bangalore Chapter !!!!!!


Vivek
RAINMAKER is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 21:33   #98
BHPian
 
RAINMAKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Dear Mr. Behram Dhabhar ,

I just realised that you are a member in this Team-BHP after reading the posts on the THAR.

On behalf of the Bangalore Off-Road Community "Welcome to Jeep Thrills - Bangalore Annual Event 2010".

Looking forward to meeting you sir.

Vivek
RAINMAKER is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 21:45   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,630
Thanked: 328 Times
Lightbulb After so much discussion about M&M on this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
Dear Mr. Behram Dhabhar ,

I just realised that you are a member in this Team-BHP after reading the posts on the THAR.
...



Better late than never !!!
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 21:55   #100
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,492
Thanked: 6,769 Times
Default

Yeah! it would be very nice to meet up with gentlemen from M&M finally in real life than behind the computer screen.

An advance welcome to Mr Behram and do let us know if you need any assistance from the BLR TBHP'ians.
Jaggu is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 22:04   #101
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

WHAT??
Mr. Behram would be here? WOW!
Awesome Vivek, Dwarak & Vinay. We get to not only see Thar but also talk to Behram about his fine piece of work.
A very warm welcome to Behram!
Cheers,
Deepak

@Shahnawaz: How about posting another teaser with this news on the Thar thread
starter is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 22:18   #102
BHPian
 
offroad_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thane-Mumbai
Posts: 453
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
New updates......9:15 PM - 19/1/2010

Mr. Arif Rizwi fom Mahindra called up.

2) Thar Display - The Mahindra THAR & the 2 service vehicles will be come to the OTR spot in a Trailer from Mumbai. Also Mr. NARESH BHOSLE the senior technician will be there. Mr. BEHRAM DHABHAR (senior GM) the man behind the THAR will also be there. They will camp along with us and attend the 2 day event.

PS: - The Mahindra Thar will only be on Static Display. From the trailer to the display spot it will be pushed manually. It will not be driven as it is the only vehicle available and the next stop for it is EUROPE..

Vivek
WoW. Thats a great news for you guys as Mr. Behram will be there to meet u.

Dear Rainmaker, I guess they will be bringing Thar Adventure.

If its appropriate, I would like to request Mr. Arif Rizwi & Mr. Behram to bring a real Thar (any one of the pic Below) which is being tested & not the one which we have already seen @ AutoExpo. That way Pushing it to the spot may not be necessary & all the people there get to see what in store for us. That way there will be a more & genuine customer interaction & M&M can finalize the specs & variants based upon those inputs/ interaction.
Attached Thumbnails
bangalore Annual Offroading Event Jan 2010-thar-066.jpg  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 19th January 2010 at 22:28.
offroad_maniac is offline  
Old 19th January 2010, 23:53   #103
BHPian
 
RAINMAKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
WoW. Thats a great news for you guys as Mr. Behram will be there to meet u.

Dear Rainmaker, I guess they will be bringing Thar Adventure.

If its appropriate, I would like to request Mr. Arif Rizwi & Mr. Behram to bring a real Thar (any one of the pic Below) which is being tested & not the one which we have already seen @ AutoExpo. That way Pushing it to the spot may not be necessary & all the people there get to see what in store for us. That way there will be a more & genuine customer interaction & M&M can finalize the specs & variants based upon those inputs/ interaction.
Dear Off-Road Maniac,

It is the very same one which was showcased at the Auto Expo. Down South people are not as lucky as you are. We just saw the pics. We would like to see the THAR in Flesh & Blood. Cause this is going to be the eventual offering from the Mahindra group. Pushing it to the spot is just about 40 feet.... not more...
RAINMAKER is offline  
Old 20th January 2010, 09:42   #104
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Vivek, if it is the Delhi one, it would be heavily modified for looks. Behram has been teasing us all on the forum for more than a year now about the upcoming offroad vehicle. Thanks to your request to Anand Mahindra, most of us (not me though) in the south will get to see it.
Samurai is offline  
Old 20th January 2010, 09:52   #105
BHPian
 
Gypsy-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 298
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Vivek, if it is the Delhi one, it would be heavily modified for looks. Behram has been teasing us all on the forum for more than a year now about the upcoming offroad vehicle. Thanks to your request to Anand Mahindra, most of us (not me though) in the south will get to see it.
Samurai do try and make it atleast for the Sunday event. Would be nice to have you there if not as a driver then your skills behind the camera would be greatly appreciated
Gypsy-Boy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore Annual Offroad Event - 24th & 25th January, 2014 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 51 24th January 2014 20:56
Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 Event Report mac187 4x4 Excursions 35 24th September 2013 11:17
Bangalore Annual Offroading Event - January 2013 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 79 30th January 2013 05:13
Bangalore Annual Offroading Event January 2012 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 220 29th January 2012 13:53
Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010! Jaggu 4x4 Excursions 199 1st May 2010 10:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks