Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 14:41   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 652 Times
Default

Hey Headers, your gypsy looks HAWT!

The silencer pipe on the outside...arent you worried that someone might burn their hand on it by mistake (especially kids) or have you coated it with some heat-absorbing paint?
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 19:19   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey Headers, your gypsy looks HAWT!

The silencer pipe on the outside...arent you worried that someone might burn their hand on it by mistake (especially kids) or have you coated it with some heat-absorbing paint?
Venkat, Thanks, Now, do you like an unknown stranger "feeling up" your vehicle? I dont and hence the warnings

The Kids dont come anywhere close to the machine as it has its own bedroom to sleep in
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 19:25   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 652 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Venkat, Thanks, Now, do you like an unknown stranger "feeling up" your vehicle? I dont and hence the warnings

The Kids dont come anywhere close to the machine as it has its own bedroom to sleep in
I dont mind an unknown female stranger feeling me up

Reminds of the time when I was a kid and had one of my first rides as a pillion on the bullet. Scalded by leg on the silencer pipe. Man, I didnt feel anything at first. But after about 10 minutes...i was hopping around like a bunny on one leg.

Funnies aside, you know what you're doing...but atleast a warning sticker would be nice
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 19:36   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default

Arka you drove the gurkha?

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 24th March 2010 at 19:40.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:00   #95
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

I kinda missed the thread and the event completely.
Nice to see you guys had fun.


Really wanted to see the Gypsy in action and of-course 1 ton.
Maybe next time.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:31   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Arka you drove the gurkha?
The Gurkha drove Arka instead


Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I kinda missed the thread and the event completely.
Nice to see you guys had fun.


Really wanted to see the Gypsy in action and of-course 1 ton.
Maybe next time.

Oh Yeah Riju, if you'd been there, we could have had better ADR angles thanks to your photographic skills!!!


And Vijay was thrilled to take the gypsy thru the trail..
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:53   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Wow!! That surely went well.
@ Arka- What are the tyres on your Jeep?
Questions:

Hi Arka? What make are those tyres on your blue Jeep? Are they Ceats? Are they a basically NDMS with treads in the contact spot? Would you recommend this over the normal NDMS tyres? Would putting these tyres on the Jeep in any way compromise the OTR capability of the NDMS tyres can we say that these are NDMS tyres on the rough with road going capability?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 22:28   #98
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Dear Vikram,
Your Gypsy seriously looks very good. I just loved the chopped overhang, the snorkel, that exhaust and together makes your Gypsy looks awesome!!
I see the GC in your Gypsy is higher than mine but you don't seem to have a SPOA set up like Khan. So, how is that acheived Vikram? Are they extra leafs added or is it because of longer shackles or is it something else?
Thanks for this information and once agian, a very good looking Gypsy.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 09:18   #99
BHPian
 
ram.west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 20 Times
Post Videos

Couple of Videos I took in Cell Phone!!

The trench Obstacle








The Gurkha







Prowler













Vikram Storming out of the Pit



BlueThunder's attempt to offroad

ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 10:06   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default CEAT HT Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Questions:

Hi Arka? What make are those tyres on your blue Jeep? Are they Ceats? Are they a basically NDMS with treads in the contact spot? Would you recommend this over the normal NDMS tyres? Would putting these tyres on the Jeep in any way compromise the OTR capability of the NDMS tyres can we say that these are NDMS tyres on the rough with road going capability?
Hi Gogi,

Sorry I missed your Question earlier.

The Tyres on my petrol JEEP are CEAT HT Super 10Ply Rating.

I bought them in Dec 2004

These tyres are good for Road and Rough Road Application.

Braking on Dry and Wet Road is better than the NDMS.

On Mud and Sand they are pretty useless.

Good tyres but for OTR application I would recommend NDMS.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 10:09   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Maruit Gypsy Leaf Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Vikram,
Your Gypsy seriously looks very good. I just loved the chopped overhang, the snorkel, that exhaust and together makes your Gypsy looks awesome!!
I see the GC in your Gypsy is higher than mine but you don't seem to have a SPOA set up like Khan. So, how is that acheived Vikram? Are they extra leafs added or is it because of longer shackles or is it something else?
Thanks for this information and once agian, a very good looking Gypsy.
Cheers,
Deepak
Hi Gypsy Owners,

Please checkout Headers Leaf Spring Suspension Setup before considering SPOA, he has done a superb job of fine tuning the OEM Leaf Springs.

Improved Articulation OTRs and Rock steady on Road.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 11:21   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Vikram,
Your Gypsy seriously looks very good. I just loved the chopped overhang, the snorkel, that exhaust and together makes your Gypsy looks awesome!!
I see the GC in your Gypsy is higher than mine but you don't seem to have a SPOA set up like Khan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Gypsy Owners,
Please checkout Headers Leaf Spring Suspension Setup before considering SPOA, he has done a superb job of fine tuning the OEM Leaf Springs.

Improved Articulation OTRs and Rock steady on Road.

You guys put me in a situation.. . Well a lot of tuning testing and re tuning has been done to achieve the result.

I have been testing a lot of setups courtesy Mohammed Ali of JGS auto garage, Pudupet.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 11:32   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I have been testing a lot of setups courtesy Mohammed Ali of JGS auto garage, Pudupet.
Can we have some pics of the setup?
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 11:38   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Can we have some pics of the setup?
Spike, I did not take pics of each setup. I can however take pics of my current setup and post later.

I have TRIED:

1. recambering
2. longer Shackles
3. Longer shocks
4. A combination of all the above
5. New Leafs
6. Adding Leafs
7. Changing shock mounts etc..

Cheers
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:18   #105
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Hey Vikram,
After trying all of that, do you have a sort of a cookbook now on what is the best thing to do to increase GC and articulation?
Sort of, looking for an easy path using your experience :P
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more ex670c 4x4 Excursions 67 28th February 2012 17:53
Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5. Dippy Super-Cars & Imports in India 274 1st May 2010 02:33
BYOC™ LAN PARTY! Celebrating PC Gaming! EDIT : Event on 4th -5th July 09, see page 2. low_bass_makker The Team-BHP Meet Section 20 6th July 2009 00:54
JEEPTHRILLS 3rd Anniversary (22-23 March 2008) ex670c 4x4 Excursions 23 22nd October 2008 19:10
5th 9/11 Anniversary! panky12345 Shifting gears 3 11th September 2006 10:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks