Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 12:20   #241
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dry weather, wet weather, any trail doable in 2wd regardless of the machine and expertise of the driver cannot be termed as a 4x4 trail. A humble request to please ensure 90% of the trail selected for the 25/26th event MUST require 4wd. Otherwise its just not challenging enough.
. 100%. Please choose the trail that is difficult, so that it is worth the drive
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 12:21   #242
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,759 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dry weather, wet weather, any trail doable in 2wd regardless of the machine and expertise of the driver cannot be termed as a 4x4 trail. A humble request to please ensure 90% of the trail selected for the 25/26th event MUST require 4wd. Otherwise its just not challenging enough.
DKG, don't worry. This is a small part of the trail as kunal said. Plus, we will also have rajmacchi and we are trying to add in sawarsi as well. We would need 6x6 for that!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 12:39   #243
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dry weather, wet weather, any trail doable in 2wd regardless of the machine and expertise of the driver cannot be termed as a 4x4 trail. A humble request to please ensure 90% of the trail selected for the 25/26th event MUST require 4wd. Otherwise its just not challenging enough.
People Let me just say it is dry now!

Also This was not the alfa kilo trail just the interesting route to the farm!

Monsoon time and It will be very very challenging and well worth your drive down.

The AKC route is going to take us a solid 12hours of wheeling to complete.


Miss it at your own expense
motocamp is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 13:45   #244
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 764
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
People Let me just say it is dry now!

Also This was not the alfa kilo trail just the interesting route to the farm!

Monsoon time and It will be very very challenging and well worth your drive down.
To reinforce what Kunal has said, I will loosely translate what his Nepali orderly said while showing us the way back to the main road. (Mohan and me would have never made it back on our own)

"This is the road Kunal takes to come to the house whenever he comes. His dad takes the 'other' theek way!"
genesis is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 15:17   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

im gonna be what tejas cals "the devils advocate"
i might be totally wrong

we know that akc is scheduled for late june, thats just early in the moonsoon season,
so what if we have a dry spell just before the scheduled days,
we need to draw a trail tht will be tough in the dry and even worse if it rains well.
the terrain has the potential,
same with rajmachi tejas,
sawarsi will be a bomb come rain or shine

my two bits, i might be totally wrong
xtreme power is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 15:35   #246
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 911 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Please choose the trail that is difficult, so that it is worth the drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
we will also have rajmacchi and we are trying to add in sawarsi as well. We would need 6x6 for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Monsoon time and It will be very very challenging and well worth your drive down.

The AKC route is going to take us a solid 12hours of wheeling to complete.


Miss it at your own expense
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
we need to draw a trail tht will be tough in the dry and even worse if it rains well.
the terrain has the potential,
same with rajmachi tejas,
sawarsi will be a bomb come rain or shine

I can see that everyone is in agreement

The basic idea is half of us should not be able to make it, that way you make us come back again and again and again
DKG is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 15:45   #247
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

DKG,

you read our mind.. wink

dont worry guys we will do enough of recces, keeping the possiblity in mind that even if it doesnt rain it should be difficult.

Last edited by pdev29 : 24th May 2010 at 15:47.
pdev29 is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:04   #248
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 911 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
DKG,

you read our mind.. wink

dont worry guys we will do enough of recces, keeping the possiblity in mind that even if it doesnt rain it should be difficult.
Devang you guys should know that its your OTR's to Rajmachi that has really got us all excited in the first place. Those videos were just so fabulous. Besides you guys are a wild bunch and it would be a riot to meet up with all. Your friend Pinky bhai had done a brilliant job of the video, captured the whole spirit so well.

BTW I hope you guys enlist Mahindra's help with service and recovery team. With a large turnout of vehicles and monsoon you will need all the winches you can get your hands on.

You know I enjoyed that video of Rajmachi so much that I still remember some of the commentary. Like the one about "Israeli army ka reject maal" and the "where is Gurkha, where is Gurkha"

BTW we are still asking Force Motors, "where is new Gurkha, where is new Gurkha !!

Last edited by DKG : 24th May 2010 at 16:05.
DKG is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:07   #249
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dry weather, wet weather, any trail doable in 2wd regardless of the machine and expertise of the driver cannot be termed as a 4x4 trail. A humble request to please ensure 90% of the trail selected for the 25/26th event MUST require 4wd. Otherwise its just not challenging enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
. 100%. Please choose the trail that is difficult, so that it is worth the drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Devang you guys should know that its your OTR's to Rajmachi that has really got us all excited in the first place. Those videos were just so fabulous. Besides you guys are a wild bunch and it would be a riot to meet up with all. Your friend Pinky bhai had done a brilliant job of the video, captured the whole spirit so well.

BTW I hope you guys enlist Mahindra's help with service and recovery team. With a large turnout of vehicles and monsoon you will need all the winches you can get your hands on.

You know I enjoyed that video of Rajmachi so much that I still remember some of the commentary. Like the one about "Israeli army ka reject maal" and the "where is Gurkha, where is Gurkha"

BTW we are still asking Force Motors, "where is new Gurkha, where is new Gurkha !!
start praying to the rain gods

Last edited by xtreme power : 24th May 2010 at 16:14.
xtreme power is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:12   #250
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 911 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
start praying to the rain dogs
after a 550 km Jeep yatra I reckon the gods should be appeased and unleash some cats and dogs !!

BTW if we do miss the rain, I am coming back to Rajmachi again this year !!
DKG is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:25   #251
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,759 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
D

BTW I hope you guys enlist Mahindra's help with service and recovery team. With a large turnout of vehicles and monsoon you will need all the winches you can get your hands on.
That's a good question. We need all the winch equipped vehicles we can get our hands on. Arka had called me and asked me the same question.

Kunal, what recovery options have you thought of? And how many winch equipped vehicles are with you? Allan has two and Amol has one (hope he gets his 4x4 conversion done by then). If you want, i can ask Mahindra guys to lend us a few. We'll need to give them a formal letter, etc. Please let me know.

Also, the entire Bombay crew is behind you for all the help that you need. Whenever you need it. Just order us and we will do it. ALL THE BEST!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:25   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

DKG,

dont you worry mate, you wont be dissapointed.

i still remeber you always wanted to do something like Rajmachi trail, thats the reason why we are trying to make it Rajmachi and Sarwasi too with AKC so your trip is worth and aleast for another month you should not think of OTR. lol

AKC trail has lot of potential we will try to get the best out of it.
pdev29 is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:30   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
That's a good question. We need all the winch equipped vehicles we can get our hands on. Arka had called me and asked me the same question.

Kunal, what recovery options have you thought of? And how many winch equipped vehicles are with you? Allan has two and Amol has one (hope he gets his 4x4 conversion done by then). If you want, i can ask Mahindra guys to lend us a few. We'll need to give them a formal letter, etc. Please let me know.

Also, the entire Bombay crew is behind you for all the help that you need. Whenever you need it. Just order us and we will do it. ALL THE BEST!
Allans 2 can be changed to four anytime. RR or Defender.
we have manual winch with kunal, rest we will try to source from mahindra. apart from this we have have tow ropes which is helpful most of the times.
pdev29 is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:46   #254
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

kunal as tejas said, if u need anything just call us,
i recon we also have jeeps stationed at obstacles ready with towing ropes attached,
too much of time should not be wasted during recovery
if needed i have five winch equiped vehicles, two with front and rear winches.
counting the scorpio its six
just let me know
xtreme power is offline  
Old 24th May 2010, 16:54   #255
BHPian
 
R32_GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 539
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Tractor fund?

Hi guys,

May I also suggest that we consider chipping in a little extra and arrange a Tractor or similar..I am assuming that this would hasten the recovery process.

Considering the fact that there will be around 30+ vehicles at the AKC, I'd think that every second saved would be crucial for all the vehicles to complete to course on time.

Also, This would also reduce a lot of stress on our vehicle and the last thing anybody would want to be stuck with is a fried clutch!!

Just a suggestion!! Although getting people out of tricky situations is fun by itself

Cheers..
Prasad

Last edited by R32_GTR : 24th May 2010 at 17:00. Reason: Added text
R32_GTR is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013 motocamp 4x4 Excursions 32 26th October 2012 12:41
The 2011 Alfa kilo Challenge Conquered! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 80 6th May 2012 15:34
The 2011 Alfa Kilo Challenge! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 127 18th July 2011 16:26
The Alfa Kilo Challenge Conquered! motocamp 4x4 Excursions 121 10th July 2010 10:42
The Alfa Kilo Challenge event details. motocamp 4x4 Excursions 195 23rd June 2010 08:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks