Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:08   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Goa Monsoon OTR -- 6th August 2010 (One day before the MGE)

Ok folks we have a Mahindra Great Escape on 7th August in Goa. Details are available on the Mahindra site.

Since its a Mahindra vehicles only event, some of the Gypsy(khan_sultan and co) and Gurkha (one of them and co) are sulking.

I am assuming a lot of folks from the West of India (Mumbai, Pune and West Karnataka) will be coming down to Goa in their Mahindra's so why not have a post MGE OTR meet in Goa where the gypsies and the gurkha's join the fun.

I will try and get together the Goa offroaders for trails.

Indra, rallystar and the goan group have send you separate PMs regarding this.

To the folks who have done this - OTR planning. Your comments please.

EDIT: After viewing the other Threads.

Suggestion to have the OTR 2 days before MGE. i.e. 5th August 2010.

Tentative Bare Basic Plan:

Wednesday 04 August 2010: Meetup in Goa by 20:00 hours. (Location and other details to be provided)

Thursday 05 August 2010: OTR Day

Thursday 05 August 2010: 23:00 hours - 0600 hours (Friday 06 August 2010) - PARTY!!!

Friday 06 August 2010 - Goa sightseeing, each one on thier own.

Saturday 07 August 2010 - MGE.

MODS: Please take off the date from the title for now. Thanks!! OkI did it myself. Should I be able to??

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd July 2010 at 14:28.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:13   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
....
Since its a Mahindra vehicles only event, some of the Gypsy(khan_sultan and co) and Gurkha (one of them and co) are sulking.
Hey, even the folks who will be taking their MM's to the MGE will be sulking. Which offroader worth his salt doesn't sulk after attending a MGE -- atleast till now. Maybe with Vinod in-charge, things will improve

Quote:
To the folks who have done this - OTR planning. Your comments please.
#1: Find a good trail that can handle 20+ vehicles
#2: Find a good trail that can handle 20+ vehicles
#3: Find a good trail that can handle 20+ vehicles

Rest is all secondary.. Look for a place where all outstation folks can stay, eat.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Also have a special trail for 4X4 vehicles since mist participating vehicles are 2WD!!
V-16 is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Entries Confirmed from Bombay:

1. Allan (Jeep)
2. Devang (Gyspy)
3. Tejas (Jeep)
4. Gogi (Jeep) ????
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:01   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

@Spitfire: This would mean taking leave from Wednesday onwards for the GOA OTR. Can we do Friday as the OTR day and cut this sightseeing stuff?? who wants to do sightseeing?? if anyone, then can come early or do it on Sunday.

This way we can start on Thursday from bangalore for this. Dude, everyday counts and we would need to take leave next week for TPC also.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:10   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@Spitfire: This would mean taking leave from Wednesday onwards for the GOA OTR.
There was a suggestion to have it a couple of days before the MGE event.

So the rest day inbetween, folks joing us will be going for the MGE too.

Quote:
Can we do Friday as the OTR day

I was actually targeting a post MGE date - 8th August. But then that would be too close to TPC considering the folks from Mumbai are planning to do TPC too. Then they will have to take a week off. Mumbai - Goa - Chennai.

Quote:
and cut this sightseeing stuff??
Sightseeing stuff is rest day before MGE. Not really sightseeing

Quote:
Dude, everyday counts and we would need to take leave next week for TPC also.
I know I know I am another IT slave.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:18   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
There was a suggestion to have it a couple of days before the MGE event.

So the rest day inbetween, folks joing us will be going for the MGE too.


I was actually targeting a post MGE date - 8th August. But then that would be too close to TPC considering the folks from Mumbai are planning to do TPC too. Then they will have to take a week off. Mumbai - Goa - Chennai.



Sightseeing stuff is rest day before MGE. Not really sightseeing



I know I know I am another IT slave.
Boss, do it just 1 day before the MGE. . Who wants to rest can take rest on the MGE day or after that. We just did 3 days of OTR with no rest.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:28   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Boss, do it just 1 day before the MGE.
Ok Super Boss.

Then 6th August it is.

Now can you help me with the title and append 6th August 2010 to it.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:03   #9
BHPian
 
whitemm550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Margao goa
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok folks we have a Mahindra Great Escape on 7th August in Goa. Details are available on the Mahindra site.

Since its a Mahindra vehicles only event, some of the Gypsy(khan_sultan and co) and Gurkha (one of them and co) are sulking.

I am assuming a lot of folks from the West of India (Mumbai, Pune and West Karnataka) will be coming down to Goa in their Mahindra's so why not have a post MGE OTR meet in Goa where the gypsies and the gurkha's join the fun.

I will try and get together the Goa offroaders for trails.

Indra, rallystar and the goan group have send you separate PMs regarding this.

To the folks who have done this - OTR planning. Your comments please.

EDIT: After viewing the other Threads.

Suggestion to have the OTR 2 days before MGE. i.e. 5th August 2010.

Tentative Bare Basic Plan:

Wednesday 04 August 2010: Meetup in Goa by 20:00 hours. (Location and other details to be provided)

Thursday 05 August 2010: OTR Day

Thursday 05 August 2010: 23:00 hours - 0600 hours (Friday 06 August 2010) - PARTY!!!

Friday 06 August 2010 - Goa sightseeing, each one on thier own.

Saturday 07 August 2010 - MGE.

MODS: Please take off the date from the title for now. Thanks!! OkI did it myself. Should I be able to??

great idea spitfire. any help wanted on my part, do call me up. i am pm u my number.
whitemm550 is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:32   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
great idea spitfire. any help wanted on my part, do call me up. i am pm u my number.
Got your PM. Will call you later today. Going well guys.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:38   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok Super Boss.

Then 6th August it is.

Now can you help me with the title and append 6th August 2010 to it.
Abhijeet,

We don't need rest for the MGE. Hell, it's a 2WD trail ya!

I thought of a few names:


The 2010 4x4 G.A.M.E.s (Goa Annual Monsoon Escapes)

The G.O.O.F. Challenge (GOa OFfroading)
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:36   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I'm in. I have PM'd you my no. Only select the track..
indra_slk is offline  
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:55   #13
Newbie
 
Mud Slinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 18
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Goa Sounds good.. Will check with the Pune Boys and revert too...
Mud Slinger is offline  
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:35   #14
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 912 Times
Default

Any chance we could do some dense forest trails?
DKG is offline  
Old 6th July 2010, 14:55   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
great idea spitfire.
Thanks Ashish. As we spoke over the weekend. The plans on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The 2010 4x4 G.A.M.E.s (Goa Annual Monsoon Escapes)

The G.O.O.F. Challenge (GOa OFfroading)
I like them. Thanks a lot. We will discuss the name when the Goa guys meet up. These are surely on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
I'm in. I have PM'd you my no. Only select the track..
Tried calling you over the weekend. Didnt get through. Will try again today. You are surely in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Slinger View Post
Goa Sounds good.. Will check with the Pune Boys and revert too...
Great!! More the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Any chance we could do some dense forest trails?
I discussed this with a couple of folks. We will try and come out with the best trails. These would be jungle trails and water crossings. Getting a whole lot of vehicles in a reserve would be difficult. But we will see that we have a very scenic route outlined for all to enjoy.
Spitfire is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wayanad Annual Monsoon Offroading - 4th to 6th July, 2014 dhanushs 4x4 Excursions 23 14th July 2014 13:33
Messenjore during Monsoon celebrating 6th Birthday! 1100D Travelogues 9 21st October 2010 23:20
Mind-Blowing Monsoon Drive to Goa : August, 2008 mobike008 Travelogues 68 12th June 2010 11:51
NCR Evening OTR - 6th May 09 (Wed) GoSlow 4x4 Excursions 6 7th May 2009 03:08
Offroading in Godís Own Country: The Munnar MGE & JT Event Samurai 4x4 Excursions 117 15th February 2009 23:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks