Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:52   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Aamir,

This entire thread is befitting to be featured in the travelogue section.
Amazing coverage of the landscape, terrain, culture, it would be better if you have a one line description above the respective photos for us to know as we go through each.

For example, is that polo match being played at Gilgit? Which is the highest polo ground in the world, where the rider needs to change 2-3 horses in the duration of the match, as the oxygen at this height is very thin the horses die of cardiac arrest if they are not replaced by another during the match.

What a location for the that beautiful villa on the mountain. Also loved the old architecture of the village huts and structures. Wonder photography capturing the golden rays of sun on the group, Jeeps and mountains.

Truly rugged 4X4 country, thoroughly enjoyed all pics but the write up needs to compliment the pics, looking forward to more.

The two paratroopers are cute.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 22nd July 2010 at 09:02.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:57   #17
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Aamir,

This entire thread is befitting to be featured in the travelogue section.
Amazing coverage of the landscape, terrain, culture, it would be better if you have a one line description above the respective photos for us to know as we go through each.

For example, is that polo match being played at Gilgit? Which is the highest polo ground in the world, where the rider needs to change 2-3 horses in the duration of the match, as the oxygen at this height is very thin the horses die of cardiac arrest if they are not replaced by another during the match.

What a location for the that beautiful villa on the mountain. Also loved the old architecture of the village huts and structures. Wonder photography capturing the golden rays of sun on the group, Jeeps and mountains.

Truly rugged 4X4 country, thoroughly enjoyed all pics but the write up needs to compliment the pics, looking forward to more.

The two paratroopers are cute.

Regards,

Thanx
your point noted
I will try to add caption on every picture

You are absolutely right about the Polo Match & its history
The place is Shandur Top
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:44   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
The Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,116
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Mindblowing landscape!!!

Aamir bhai you are truly adding so much drool to your threads with those photographs,lol! Someday, if the gods shower their graces on us, we shall do some trail blazing in the mountains together.....I'd pray!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:45   #19
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Mindblowing landscape!!!

Aamir bhai you are truly adding so much drool to your threads with those photographs,lol! Someday, if the gods shower their graces on us, we shall do some trail blazing in the mountains together.....I'd pray!

Thanx Boss for your nice comment
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:53   #20
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

All these Pictures were taken by Aimen at Kalash Valley ( Bamburet ) on Day 2 of our trip
Attached Thumbnails
IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-bamburet-2.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-dsc_5137_20_web.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-1.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-2.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-3.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-4.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-5.jpg  

IJC ( Islamabad Jeep Club ) Summer Camp 2010-kalash-6.jpg  

aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 00:48   #21
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

Prayer place at Kalash ( Day 3 )



Beautiful Views near Shandur Top













aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 00:51   #22
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

Zuhaib Kalashi

aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 12:19   #23
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

Day 3
Slept for few hours near shandur top









aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 12:39   #24
BHPian
 
aamir567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 619
Thanked: 357 Times
Default

I would appeciate if U kindly give your expert comments

Thanx
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 13:04   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Aamir Sahib,

Thanks again for taking us to these places through your postings. The Shandur top and you all sleeping there...what an awesome location to pitch your tent and sleeping bags.

The mountain scape's are just out of this world.

Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 13:29   #26
BHPian
 
Abbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Visakhapatnam
Posts: 410
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Aamir saab excellent photos is an understatement. Superb Pics.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 15:40   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,412
Thanked: 1,033 Times
Default

Truly Amazing. What a Trip ..

The pictures are mind blowing
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 16:01   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
I would appeciate if U kindly give your expert comments

Thanx
Aamir Saab, some really amazing pictures. I really like the 1st picture of your last post.

May be someday we will be able to cover the entire Himalayan / Karakoram ranges across both nations
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 16:15   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 304
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Amazing Pics Aamir Bhai, The scenery looks so inviting and clean , truly wall paper material .

salman
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 16:30   #30
BHPian
 
ferrariKSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hyderabad/riyadh
Posts: 148
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Awesome pics.

Aamir Bhai,
Lovely picture, Thanks to aimen bhai too.
Its is a dream for such trekking.
Do post pics of any of your previous trips. will love to watch them.

A.H
Farooq

Last edited by ferrariKSA : 25th July 2010 at 16:35.
ferrariKSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Islamabad Jeep Club Summer Camp: Shimshal, Khunjerab and Naltar aamir567 4x4 Excursions 15 20th August 2016 12:55
IJC - MadMax Day Trip from Islamabad to Saif-ul-Malook and beyond. aamir567 Travelogues 34 21st December 2011 17:55
Islamabad Jeep Club 4X4 extravaganza on 23 rd NOV 2008 aamir567 4x4 Excursions 31 23rd May 2009 23:32
Islamabad Jeep Club 7 th Anniversary Friendly Offroading Competition 5 th Oct2008 aamir567 4x4 Excursions 65 25th October 2008 20:55
Islamabad Jeep Club 17th August picnic party aamir567 4x4 Excursions 9 22nd October 2008 17:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:41.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks