Team-BHP - Sharavathi Valley 4 WD cum trekking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Sharavathi Valley 4 WD cum trekking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/86137-sharavathi-valley-4-wd-cum-trekking.html)

I waited for whole two days to see some body will start this thread. Here I start.

MP Sreenivasan, our veteran jeeper a few weeks ago called to say sharavathi valley drive it's time. With monsoon prevailing, trails should be challenging enough for 4WD. Initial response was overwhelming with atleast 12 offroaders confirming. But over period interest fizzled out and left with following names and last minute addition of Sharath a.k.a. Samurai and Sachin Karkera from Udupi. The event was planned for 24th and 25th July.

MP Sreenivasan - Armada
Jammy Anand - MM540
Dwarak - No vehicle
Andy a.k.a. Haryali Anand - MM Pickup + his friend
Sharath Shetty (Samurai) - Jeep
Sachin Karkera - Gypsy King

We travelled from Bangalore on 23rd evening separately between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. All reached Sagara, Shimoga District about 380 kms between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. on 24th July. Freshened up and had breakfast, got ready for the day at 9 a.m. We all waited for Sharath and sachin to come. Got call that they reached Sagara at around 10 a.m. ( think so, If I am not correct please do so). Reached randezous to join sam and sachin.

The trails included cutting down the trees fallen on road and clearing the track.

I leave the story writing to experts, as I am no good.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dwarakst...61782471575602

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaraka (Post 1999619)
I waited for whole two days to see some body will start this thread. Here I start.

Guru, I need to finish the AKC report before I take up the next one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaraka (Post 1999619)
All reached Sagara, Shimoga District about 380 kms between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. on 24th July. Freshened up and had breakfast, got ready for the day at 9 a.m. We all waited for Sharath and sachin to come. Got call that they reached Sagara at around 10 a.m.

Hey no, we never planned to come to Sagara. We were supposed to reach Biligar at 10:30AM, but reached at 11AM and waited forever. You guys finally came at 1PM.

"Andy a.k.a. Haryali Anand - MM Pickup + his friend"

Thy handle is Grace on this page.lol:

But please call me Andy.

Hey sharath san,

I was looking forward to meet up with you. Look forward to getting a mention in your fabulous threads of travelogue. Hopefully I did something out of ordinary. Awaiting your detailed report on this.

Warm Regards
Andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace (Post 1999901)
"Andy a.k.a. Haryali Anand - MM Pickup + his friend"

Thy handle is Grace on this page.lol:

But please call me Andy.

But what to do.. We know you by the 2nd part :D

Ok ok..

Dwarak Sir, one more OTR? So, seems you guys head out for almost every weekend. Jai ho monsoon :)

Seems like it was an awesome trip Dwarak Sir. Pictures show that the place was beautiful. Nice to see Jammy, after a long time.
Waiting for Sharath's trip log.
Cheers,
Deepak

But what to do.. We know you by the 2nd part :D

Ok ok..

MJothi,
People should be prosecuted for only 'talking about acquiring a jeep' and not actually acquiring it. lol:

When is your jeep gonna come or would you continue to remain an armchair offroader. These days we don't see you coming to our OTRs- Akhir kyun?

BTW, I bought another Jeep, MM540DP4WD. Right now gone for painting.
Hope to see you in forthcoming OTRs, we have a dedicated jeeper and travalogue writer in Samu san and we need a dedicated photographer like you.clap:

Warm Regards
Andy

Bad timing for me, i had some unavoidable stuff on Friday evening that i had to miss this trip. :(

Com'on guys where are the pictures and reports???

Folks,
Can't wait anymore to see more of this trip. Please post more pictures.
Awaiting the master story teller (San Samurai) :-) to weave his magic.

Here are my part of the pictures

Picasa Web Albums - Dwarakanath - Malnad-OTR230710

Classic snaps! The best is madam wading through the stream.
That shows grit! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2004537)
Classic snaps! The best is madam wading through the stream.
That shows grit! :thumbs up

That's Nidhi, one of our jeeper. She is testing how deep the water crossing to take jeeps. We had to abandon the plan since, water was very swift. It could have swept the jeep.

I have finally finished the AKC report. Now I can slowly take up this. Keep in mind I have lots of photographs to process first, before I can write the report around it.

Report plz Mr.Suzuki Samurai :D