Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 14:47   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 217
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Guys we are checking the feasibilty of doing camping & bonfire in Lonavala on Sat night along with this OTR. Pls confirm how many of you are intersted & who all are having the tents.

So let me start a new list out of confirmed 20 vehicles for Sat night.

1. Alok Mishra +1 (Tent capacity 4 persons)


Keep adding..

Cheers!

Alok
Crazy4Power is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 16:21   #47
BHPian
 
R32_GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 539
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Guys we are checking the feasibilty of doing camping & bonfire in Lonavala on Sat night along with this OTR. Pls confirm how many of you are intersted & who all are having the tents.
Hi Alok,

Where in Lonavala are you'll planning on camping and having a bonfire? The rains will make it super difficult..
Can we consider renting a bungalow or something?

Cheers..
Prasad
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 16:33   #48
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 821 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Hi Alok,

Where in Lonavala are you'll planning on camping and having a bonfire? The rains will make it super difficult..
Can we consider renting a bungalow or something?

Cheers..
Prasad
Hi Prasad , A bunglow on bonfire ? will be a fun .

by the way who can turnup on Sunaday morning if they stay in rented bunglow by Saturday

Yours Sudarshan ( Classic )
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 17:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Dear all,

Excess clothes, etc collected for the independence day OTR will be diverted to Leh for the flood affected people. Please pass on this message to your friends so that we can collect more clothes, utensils, etc.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 10:20   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

I won't be able to make it for the saturday night thing, but the others carry on.

Also got news that entry through the market towards Amby valley will be closed from 8:30am on Sunday to avoid a traffic mess. Thus, we need to reach lonavla early.

Thus, guys leaving from bombay in the morning, the meeting time is preponed.

McDonald's Panvel at 0645hrs sharp. Late comers will have to come on their own.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 11:44   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Guys we are checking the feasibilty of doing camping & bonfire in Lonavala on Sat night along with this OTR. Pls confirm how many of you are intersted & who all are having the tents.

So let me start a new list out of confirmed 20 vehicles for Sat night.

1. Alok Mishra +1 (Tent capacity 4 persons)


Keep adding..

Cheers!

Alok

After considering the fact that it will be raining and unwated guest (snakes and insects) its not a good option to do camping.

We have decided to stay overnight in lonavala do some night OTR, followed by Food and bonfire.

Rooms are going to cost 350-400 per person.

So far confirmed Members are

R32_GTR + Wife
Paras + Friends
Manan
Alok + 1

Guys Please confirm ASAP so we can start booking the rooms

Cheers
Devang
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 15:02   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I won't be able to make it for the saturday night thing, but the others carry on.

Also got news that entry through the market towards Amby valley will be closed from 8:30am on Sunday to avoid a traffic mess. Thus, we need to reach lonavla early.

Thus, guys leaving from bombay in the morning, the meeting time is preponed.

McDonald's Panvel at 0645hrs sharp. Late comers will have to come on their own.

Guys we will have to be in lonavala by 7 AM because after 8 am entries to Amby and Bhushi will be closed. so we need to get on that road before 8 AM
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 16:58   #53
BHPian
 
4x4 cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Guys we will have to be in lonavala by 7 AM because after 8 am entries to Amby and Bhushi will be closed. so we need to get on that road before 8 AM
Devang in that case, what time are we planning to meet at Mcdonalds Panvel? Casue Tejas has mentioned for 0645 hrs, is it going to be preponned further?
4x4 cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 09:02   #54
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 821 Times
Default Need a lift

Hi all , one friend of mine is comming from Mumbai ( Borivali ) . He will be joining me at Lonavala .( as passenger )

Now as the timings are gettting Preponed , It is getting difficult for him to reach in time at Lonavala

Can anyone take my passenger up to Lonavala

If one can , then following are options

1) people comming from western express can pickup on their route

2) people from main Mumbai can pickup at Sion

3) last option , McDonalds panvel

My friend can arive at your ( pre decided ) location & time also

will appriciate help

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 09:33   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai/Jamshedp
Posts: 319
Thanked: 145 Times
Default

even i would be coming from Sion
was planning to take a train till khardeswar n then a rick till mcdonalds.
Is naything better possible, meaning anyone going by the same route pick us up?
Can i share my phone number here?
vikramvicky1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 11:07   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Here's the plan:

I'm going with the rest of the gang on saturday night. The issue at lonavla is that they have a flag hoisting ceremony and that road will be blocked from 8am onwards. So you guys need to coordinate and reach by 730 atleast. Thus, your meeting time will be preponed. This is not in our hands unfortunately.

I'm meeting Gogi tonight and will finalize the time and meeting point with him since he will be coming on sunday morning. I will post the final time tomorrow.

Whoever is coming on sunday morning from bombay please start a list so we know who's there so there's no endless waiting at McDonalds.

Sunday morning people list:
Gogi
Vikramvicky
Sudarshan Friend

Saturday Night:
R32_GTR + Wife
Paras + Friends
Manan
Alok + 1
Nishanth
Amol
Tejas
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 11:28   #57
BHPian
 
tigerranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pune
Posts: 49
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

@soumya @Tejas

I will omit the skimpier once and bring along the once the local women will love to be in..HaHa
tigerranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:01   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default :(

Im out , my puppy Axil fractured his leg :(
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:56   #59
BHPian
 
motocamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: pune
Posts: 456
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Im out , my puppy Axil fractured his leg :(
Oh no poor fellow ...how did it happen?

The next couple of months are going to be difficult :(
motocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:57   #60
BHPian
 
4x4 cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Should Meet @ 6:30

Quote:
I'm going with the rest of the gang on saturday night. The issue at lonavla is that they have a flag hoisting ceremony and that road will be blocked from 8am onwards. So you guys need to coordinate and reach by 730 atleast. Thus, your meeting time will be preponed. This is not in our hands unfortunately.
Hi Guys,

Considering the current scenario, i htink we all shall keep the cut off time at Mcdonalds Panvel for 0630hrs, delaying it beyond that, we might not be able to reach Lonavala by 0730hrs. Adding my name to Morning list.

Sunday morning people list:
Gogi
Vikramvicky
Sudarshan Friend
Ravi +2 passengers

Saturday Night:
R32_GTR + Wife
Paras + Friends
Manan
Alok + 1
Nishanth
Amol
Tejas

Quote:
Hi all , one friend of mine is comming from Mumbai ( Borivali ) . He will be joining me at Lonavala .( as passenger )

Now as the timings are gettting Preponed , It is getting difficult for him to reach in time at Lonavala

Can anyone take my passenger up to Lonavala

If one can , then following are options

1) people comming from western express can pickup on their route

2) people from main Mumbai can pickup at Sion

3) last option , McDonalds panvel

My friend can arive at your ( pre decided ) location & time also

will appriciate help

Sudarshan
Quote:
even i would be coming from Sion
was planning to take a train till khardeswar n then a rick till mcdonalds.
Is naything better possible, meaning anyone going by the same route pick us up?
Can i share my phone number here?
Sudharsan & VikramVicky,

If your friend and Vikram you can come till MCD panvel by 0630hrs, i can pick you guys from their. I have sent my number through p.m to both of you.

Lets keep a meeting time of 0620hrs at MCD Panvel and cut off by 0630hrs.

Tejas,
Are you getting the Flag (Sample 03)?
4x4 cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Extreme Offroaders OTR @ Pen, June 2013 pdev29 4x4 Excursions 3 15th July 2013 21:18
PICS : Extreme Offroaders Janmashtami OTR pdev29 4x4 Excursions 11 27th August 2012 14:33
PICS : Extreme Offroaders Lonavala OTR pdev29 4x4 Excursions 5 14th August 2012 21:22
Extreme Offroaders Republic Day OTR (Mahape) garrett_t16 4x4 Excursions 60 1st March 2011 17:25
Extreme Offroaders - Mini OTR at Mahape: 11 July, 2010 Tejas@perioimpl 4x4 Excursions 36 14th July 2010 21:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks