Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


View Poll Results: 28th (Fri) and 29th (Sat) Bangalore Annual OTR
Yes 21 72.41%
No 5 17.24%
Not Sure 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 13:09   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,492 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

One more long distance entry from my side. Guess it is time to bring my CJ340 to Bangalore again, this time for offroading. So, I am in.
Samurai is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 14:03   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One more long distance entry from my side. Guess it is time to bring my CJ340 to Bangalore again, this time for offroading. So, I am in.
Samurai, Great to see your confirmation. How about Sachin Karkera?
dwaraka is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 14:20   #33
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Dwaraka,

is it only for 4*4 Jeeps or safari's can join, i have recently acquired a 4*4 Safari and i am willing to join the OTR.

Kindly confirm.

and the price 2000 is same for the participant and the person who is coming with us right?

regards
suresh
SPEEDY_RACER is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 14:29   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Dear Dwarak,

Please have the Spread sheet reloaded once again, so that we can have details of the confirmed jeepers,

Is 15th the last day for confirmation,

Best regards
Vinay Thomas


Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi folks,

So Far 28 offroaders confirmed.

Participation fees is Rs. 2,000 per person to be paid before 15th Jan 2011. Bank account details will be posted shortly.
CJ3b is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 14:56   #35
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Dwarak Sir,
I am in. Need someone to accommodate me in their vehicle.

Last edited by mohang_j : 4th January 2011 at 14:57.
mohang_j is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 15:08   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
i have recently acquired a 4*4 Safari

...and the price 2000 is same for the participant and the person who is coming with us right?
This trail is demanding on LWB and wide body vehicles (SUV's), if you dont mind a few dinks/dents and slightly bent number plates and few scratches on the doors/body then you can join.

You 2nd question wasnt clear, 2000 is per person (driver or passenger), if you want to bring a friend then it is 2+2 - 4K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
I am in. Need someone to accommodate me in their vehicle.
Which area in bangy? I am alone and have 1 seat to rent out
svsantosh is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 15:10   #37
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Which area in bangy? I am alone and have 1 seat to rent out
I stay near metro in Kanakapura road.
mohang_j is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 15:21   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

It is 2000/ person for two day event

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
This trail is demanding on LWB and wide body vehicles (SUV's), if you dont mind a few dinks/dents and slightly bent number plates and few scratches on the doors/body then you can join.


You 2nd question wasnt clear, 2000 is per person (driver or passenger), if you want to bring a friend then it is 2+2 - 4K.



Which area in bangy? I am alone and have 1 seat to rent out
CJ3b is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 22:09   #39
BHPian
 
Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 315
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Any separate acco for folks with women and children or is it dormitory like kind of last year, please confirm?

Regards
Grace is offline  
Old 4th January 2011, 23:38   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Dwaraka,

is it only for 4*4 Jeeps or safari's can join, i have recently acquired a 4*4 Safari and i am willing to join the OTR.

Kindly confirm.

and the price 2000 is same for the participant and the person who is coming with us right?

regards
suresh
Suresh,

You are welcome to bring safari 4 WD. However, please make sure the side footboard is removed which is hinders movement in OTR.

Participation fees is per person , not for the vehicle. Hence, If you have company of another person, then the fees has to be additional

Hope you got it.

Dwarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Any separate acco for folks with women and children or is it dormitory like kind of last year, please confirm?

Regards
A separate tent for women and children can be looked into. Will let you know shortly.

However, if you intend to stay in a igloo tent, we can arrange for on request.

Dwarak

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th January 2011 at 23:59. Reason: Please use Multi Quote (Quote +) to avoid future deletion. Thanks
dwaraka is offline  
Old 5th January 2011, 00:01   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,491
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

@SPEEDY_RACER: If you are not bothered about body and other cosmetics damage its ok, otherwise do jump in as a passenger. Much lighter on the heart and wallet.
Jaggu is offline  
Old 5th January 2011, 00:04   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

@Speedy Racer: Honest suggestion: please don't get your safari to this OTR. The route this time would be more tough than last year.

Do hook up with someone here and join in.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 5th January 2011, 10:08   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@Speedy Racer: Honest suggestion: please don't get your safari to this OTR. The route this time would be more tough than last year.

Do hook up with someone here and join in.
+1. See it once before you want to try your new safari on those terrain.
mjothi is offline  
Old 5th January 2011, 11:24   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The route this time would be more tough than last year
Khan you made my post breakfast browsing schedule!!

Personal request, please include the crazy steep incline + boulder entry/exit spot which was attempted this last oct visit. Many missed it or were discouraged due to lack of time and failing sun light...
svsantosh is offline  
Old 5th January 2011, 12:48   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Khan you made my post breakfast browsing schedule!!

Personal request, please include the crazy steep incline + boulder entry/exit spot which was attempted this last oct visit. Many missed it or were discouraged due to lack of time and failing sun light...
Santosh, You still remember the trail which played villain for your vehicle and scorpio. This trail can't be done with 50 vehicles. Max of 10 vehicles is ideal number in this trail.

But, will definitely not disappoint any offroader on trail quality.
dwaraka is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B.O.D.A. Offroaders: Bangalore Annual OTR - 23rd to 25th Jan, 2015 swastikviji 4x4 Excursions 6 21st January 2015 12:56
Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report hisunil 4x4 Excursions 167 23rd March 2011 09:58
Aavalaconda Annual OTR Recce report Jan 17th star_aqua 4x4 Excursions 88 22nd January 2011 17:24
Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010! Jaggu 4x4 Excursions 199 1st May 2010 10:04
bangalore Annual Offroading Event Jan 2010 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 161 24th January 2010 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks