Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 11:32   #151
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,042
Thanked: 13,487 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Wow, this crossing really got messed up later. I crossed it very easily as I was the first.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 11:52   #152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
One of the three videos from my side
in my opinion the jeep that has already crossed before the green jeep is stationed in a very dangerous position

nice crossing though
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 12:17   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
in my opinion the jeep that has already crossed before the green jeep is stationed in a very dangerous position

nice crossing though
Allan, Jeep which has already crossed over has perched in firm ground. It's the incline of the ground makes you think it's dangerous position. See the photographs of water crossing posted earlier.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 13:04   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Two more videos of large rock climbing.



dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 15:35   #155
BHPian
 
catchkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Hi,

Would like to thank the entire Organizing team for the wonderful arrangements. Me & my friends felt that the organizing committee had spent more than what we paid for - Hats off to you guys.

This was my 1st OTR & i really enjoyed it though i skipped the last hill climb / descent.

Thanks to all the marshals who not only guided us but also were great motivators to take on the challenge & make is seem easy at the end of it :-) Three Cheers to You guys - Vijay, Jaggu, Arka, Vinay were the ones whom i bumped into most often but the entire team was wonderful.

Got to speak / put a face to all the people with whom we interact on the forum too many names to put here - thanks to all guys great meeting you all.
Met the Guru of Jeeps "UBS sir" who checked out my jeep & gave some advice on the Jeep.

Lost the official Jacket - L Size if any of you happen to have it request you to kindly let me know - Its a souvenir for me.
Organizers - If you have an extra one can i pay & pick it from you please?

My first OTR & my camera batteries died on me the 1st day itself :-(
Request all in the forum to help me by send any pics you have of my jeep - capturekumar@yahoo.com.

This will remain one of my best OTR's all through my life - Thanks guys

Regards,
Kumar
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 22:57   #156
BHPian
 
King413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
Hi,

Organizers - If you have an extra one can i pay & pick it from you please?

Kumar
Hi Kumar,
Sorry to hear that you lost your Jacket, we heard someone had lost a jacket but found it later with a friend. It must be with someone kindly check If not,

ANY ONE CAN BUY A JACKET FROM ME or co ordinate with Dwarak, we have 7 jackets left from the event but it will come at a price of 350 per piece.

Regards
Prithvi
King413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 23:06   #157
BHPian
 
King413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, this crossing really got messed up later. I crossed it very easily as I was the first.
Sharath,
I have to do the water crossing thrice as i had to ferry 2 participants as their Jeep broke down and the last i crossed it to join the convoy my Gypsy was almost floating but luckily I managed it across.

Prithvi
King413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 07:30   #158
BHPian
 
madhkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bengalur
Posts: 295
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
...My first OTR & my camera batteries died on me the 1st day itself :-(
Request all in the forum to help me by send any pics you have of my jeep..
Well Kumar I do have a few photos of your Beauty
First two are UBS sir checking out your Jeep and giving a
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-img_4825-large.jpg  

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-img_4827-large.jpg  

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-img_4803-large.jpg  

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-img_5008-large.jpg  

madhkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 08:27   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by King413 View Post
Sharath,
I have to do the water crossing thrice as i had to ferry 2 participants as their Jeep broke down and the last i crossed it to join the convoy my Gypsy was almost floating but luckily I managed it across.

Prithvi
Prithvi, you always float on water man, do the number of trips really matter?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 08:29   #160
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03721.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03722.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03723.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03724.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03725.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03727.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03779.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03780.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03781.jpg

Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011  | Participants Report-dsc03782.jpg
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 10:37   #161
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,042
Thanked: 13,487 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Prithvi, you always float on water man, do the number of trips really matter?
Who can forget the famous floating scene from Flight of the hawkz?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 10:43   #162
BHPian
 
catchkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Hi Prithvi,

I have sent you a PM can you please check & respond.
I checked with quite a few people but didn't get any clue of my Jacket. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by King413 View Post
Hi Kumar,
Sorry to hear that you lost your Jacket, we heard someone had lost a jacket but found it later with a friend. It must be with someone kindly check If not,
ANY ONE CAN BUY A JACKET FROM ME or co ordinate with Dwarak, we have 7 jackets left from the event but it will come at a price of 350 per piece.

Regards
Prithvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Well Kumar I do have a few photos of your Beauty
First two are UBS sir checking out your Jeep and giving a
Thanks a lot madhu - the snaps you have put across are a treasure :-)

Regards,
Kumar

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2011 at 14:33. Reason: Next time, infraction. Do NOT use SMS / Slang language on this forum
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 01:19   #163
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 266/D G.T.Road(N), Liluah, Howrah. W.B.
Posts: 43
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Hello friends,
I would like to add my views that the recent Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 was an excellent opportunity to see some brilliant offroaders in action and the collection of some of the finest men in their best team spirit.

Hats off to the organisers and the marshals who took every detail into count and made the participants feel safe and comfortable.
The trail was marked well and the whole OTR was made interesting. Some last minute obstacles were also well placed. Over all it was a great event and I thank you all for coming and making it a memorable one.
Like many others I too felt that the expenses were high and our contribution was probably not enough for the standard of things presented to all the participants.
Dwarak, Vinay, M.P, Prithvi, Viji, Khan, Jaggu and others who worked behind the successful OTR need a special 'thankyou' from us.

With you always,
yours....................... UBS
U.B.Singh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 11:25   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.B.Singh View Post
Hello friends,
I would like to add my views that the recent Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 was an excellent opportunity to see some brilliant offroaders in action and the collection of some of the finest men in their best team spirit.

Hats off to the organisers and the marshals who took every detail into count and made the participants feel safe and comfortable.
The trail was marked well and the whole OTR was made interesting. Some last minute obstacles were also well placed. Over all it was a great event and I thank you all for coming and making it a memorable one.
Like many others I too felt that the expenses were high and our contribution was probably not enough for the standard of things presented to all the participants.
Dwarak, Vinay, M.P, Prithvi, Viji, Khan, Jaggu and others who worked behind the successful OTR need a special 'thankyou' from us.

With you always,
yours....................... UBS
Thank you Jeep Dada,

Very kind words. will definitely work towards improving the experience better next time.

As regards the expenses versus collection, we had planned for aptly and was just enough to cover costs. Thanks for the concern.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 10:15   #165
BHPian
 
Gypsy-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 298
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 | Participants Report

I had the pleasure of your brother's company - He sat in my Gypsy during the first day ( I had attended only one day) and it was a real treat talking to him.
UBS sir, please convey my regards to him.

Cheers
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.B.Singh View Post
Hello friends,
I would like to add my views that the recent Aavalakonda Annual OTR 2011 was an excellent opportunity to see some brilliant offroaders in action and the collection of some of the finest men in their best team spirit.

Hats off to the organisers and the marshals who took every detail into count and made the participants feel safe and comfortable.
The trail was marked well and the whole OTR was made interesting. Some last minute obstacles were also well placed. Over all it was a great event and I thank you all for coming and making it a memorable one.
Like many others I too felt that the expenses were high and our contribution was probably not enough for the standard of things presented to all the participants.
Dwarak, Vinay, M.P, Prithvi, Viji, Khan, Jaggu and others who worked behind the successful OTR need a special 'thankyou' from us.

With you always,
yours....................... UBS
Gypsy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B.O.D.A Bangalore Annual OTR, 2014 - Live Report khan_sultan 4x4 Excursions 11 29th January 2014 14:02
Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 Event Report mac187 4x4 Excursions 35 24th September 2013 11:17
Bangalore Annual OTR 2012 - Report optimist 4x4 Excursions 96 23rd March 2012 22:26
Bangalore Annual OTR Jan' 2011 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 160 30th January 2011 09:58
Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010! Jaggu 4x4 Excursions 199 1st May 2010 10:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks