Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Old 28th March 2011, 10:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
Can I attend just the garage session on 2nd April? I stay close to Music academy so I can walk over to the place.
Hi Funda,

The answer is in post #23 on this thread.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 23:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and

Arka, any possibility of watching the India-SriLanka cricket finals over dinner on saturday ?
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 10:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Arka, any possibility of watching the India-SriLanka cricket finals over dinner on saturday ?
Hi Senthil,

AFAIK the World Cup 2011 Finals got over Last evening.

Regards,

Arka
Old 1st April 2011, 07:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi Arka,
I will be comming with a 2wd SCORPIO VLX AIRBAG version (Yet take delv) or In a 2wd Bolero.Not taking Major 4wd as per your advice.
We will be leaving Bangalore on April 1st 10Pm.
Ritesh - Check and confirm plz

Rajith - Can I get a ride with you to Chennai? I am stranded in BLR with no train/bus tickets available.

I live in Vijaynagar but I can come to Electronic City etc. wherever is convenient for you. Will be in office on MG-Road for most of the day.

PMed you my number...please let me know

The_Wolf - Also sent you a PM just in case Rajith doesn't read this.

Anyone else from BLR driving to MAA - I'd really appreciate a ride...this is urgent!
gsferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 21:35   #50
BHPian

whats the status update gsferrari ? have you got your seat ?
i am starting from pondicherry by 7am only, so if you could land up here by morning, i can pick you up for the JT6A meet.
shekaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 21:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
...AFAIK the World Cup 2011 Finals got over Last evening...
Quite true, Arka ....frankly, I don't give a damn what happens tomorrow .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
...Anyone else from BLR driving to MAA - I'd really appreciate a ride...this is urgent!
Guru, hope you were able to fix-up with someone. See u tomorrow at A-Zone.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 22:38   #52
BHPian

Thanks to Arka and Sandeep (Frankenstein) I made it to Chennai. Sandeep very very generously gave me a ride in his car all the way from Bangalore...without his help I may have had to miss the entire weekend!!

I'm with you guys tomorrow morning for the tech session...dad wants me to watch the final with him so I may skip Kelambakkam and come directly to AZ on Sunday morning. Lets see...
Old 3rd April 2011, 17:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

WOW, it was a wonderful anniversary as one more year passes by for JT. We had a good tech session as well as a wonderful time in AZ with some distinguished company.

Look forward to more meets of such kind.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 10:35   #54
BHPian

Glad that you guys had a great time

I couldn't make it due to work and doubts on whether I would be getting the offs on the weekend. It was a close call - anyways will try to make up for it in the next meet definitely!

Now waiting for the official reports/pics to know what all I have missed !
SuperSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 10:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default Tech-Session

Hi Guys,

The Tech-Session covered the following.

1) How to evacuate water from an engine

2) XDP4.9 Head (Valves/Rocker Arm/Pre-Combustion Chamber etc)

3) Steering Box (Rane & Excello UJ Type)

4) 4Stroke Engine aka Otto Cycle, this was explained beautifully be Surya from Coimbatore.

5) Working of the Clutch & Cover Assy.

5) Diff-Carrier & Locker

A special thanks to Vivek (papaboost) JEEP George & Surya for guiding the Tech-Session.

This was followed by a KFC Lunch and Short OTR at Kelambakkam.

Regards,

Arka
Attached Thumbnails
Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1912.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1913.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1914.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1915.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1916.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1917.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1918.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1920.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1921.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1922.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1923.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1924.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1925.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1926.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1927.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1928.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1929.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1930.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1931.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1932.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1933.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1934.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1935.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1936.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1937.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1938.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1939.jpg  

Old 5th April 2011, 15:13   #56
BHPian

Video Highlights...

Old 6th April 2011, 19:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

^Nice, would be great if you could upload each session completely if possible.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 21:24   #58
BHPian

I am sending a DVD of all the video available with me to Arka for editing and uploading. Fortunately...or unfortunately, all the video was recorded at a minimum 720P so the file size is quite large. Lets see how we can make this available to all.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Default OTRs

Hi Guys,

After the KFC Lunch we head out to Kelambakkam to do a bit of off-road driving.

Then we drove back to Adventure Zone and saw a few short films on MB G-Wagen, MB Unimog and the Scammell Explorer & Pioneer.

The next morning we headed out to the "Clay Pits" on a dried up lake bed.

This was a quite a shock as the pits had filled up with silt from this years monsoon, but we had a few climbs to test the ADR Angles.

Before lunch, those interested in Rapelling and Rock Climbing had a go at the Rapelling/Climbing Wall.

Anyone with pics of the Kelambakkam OTR please post them.

Regards,

Arka

PS - The pics of Tech Session & Clay Pits are courtesy Venom_Rider aka Goutam
Attached Thumbnails
Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1971.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1974.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1977.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1978.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1980.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1983.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1986.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1988.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1992.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1993.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1994.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1996.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_1999.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2000.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2001.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2002.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2004.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2007.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2008.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2009.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2010.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2011.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2013.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2014.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2015.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2018.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2019.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2023.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2024.jpg  

Jeepthrills 6th Anniversary celebrations! OTR, Garage session, rock climbing and more-img_2025.jpg  

Old 7th April 2011, 17:23   #60
BHPian

Whose is matt black gypsy? looks cool with simple mods.
brraj is online now   Reply With Quote