Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 26th February 2015, 15:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Thar CRDe: Switch to Manual Locking Hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Haven't they stopped putting auto lock with Ver 2 Thar onwards? I thought all of them came with fixed assembly?
They Switched to fixed flanges on thar's manufactured between August and December 2013; but again went back to Auto locking hubs in Jan 2014.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 15:50   #62
BHPian

Manual hubs are working well.

I would like to mention here that I visited Autolock Hub manufacturer and happen to see autolock hub in detail - its mechanism and components. I am convinced that these autolock hubs are very good. But literacy of Mahindra ASC may end up in declaring good auto lock hub as DAMAGED. I just saved INR 40000

And this credit goes to one gentlemen called Gajanan Chitale.

So now I have redundancy for locking hubs.
Floating Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 21:38   #63
BHPian

Manual hubs are working well. Faced some heating issue on day 1 of fitting, but later vanished.
I would like to note that Lamda service is excellent. The service guy Mr. Azeez took pain to visit local Mahindra service centre to answer my questions.
Floating Axle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 23:26   #64
Team-BHP Support

Old thread but I picked up an Oct 13 made Thar with fixed flange and it used to make vibration and noise at over 80-90kms. A friend offered me used Lambda in exchange and I installed it about 2 years ago. Best decision, yes one needs to manually lock the hub when you go Offroad, but that 1 minute job is worth it. Working flawless the Lambda manual hub locks. No noise or unpredictable slips.

I understand the auto lock hub needs servicing every 10k kms or so and the amount of grease is critical. Too less or too much they just start giving you headaches.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote