Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 31st May 2014, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Default Dimensional Drawings for Mahindra Parts

Hi Guys,

Would anyone be able to help me with some information from Mahindra .

I need ICD, drawings, dimensions of following Mahindra Parts:

a) Scorpio 2.6L CRDe Engine and 2.2L mHawk
b) NGT530 5 Speed Gearbox with BW Transfer Case
c) Solid Axles Tubes (Front and Rear) from Bolero SLX 4x4

I am trying to develop an extreme offroad prototype using these parts and need their dimensional data.

Thanks and regards

Jaskirat Singh Nagra
Jaskirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 16:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Dimensional Drawings for Mahindra Parts

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, what is ICD ?

If you are looking for boundary dimensions (for a prototype as you said), you can easily mount these "assemblies" on a CMM and take all dimensions as per your wish.

I am afraid if you will get this info on this forum.

Cheers
Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 16:50   #3
BHPian

Hi Spike,

I do realise that this forum is probably not the best place to look for this information, I was just trying my luck.

ICD is basically interface control document. And I am not sure how to mount these parts on to a CMM Please advise.

Regards

Jaskirat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, what is ICD ?

If you are looking for boundary dimensions (for a prototype as you said), you can easily mount these "assemblies" on a CMM and take all dimensions as per your wish.

I am afraid if you will get this info on this forum.

Cheers
Spike
Old 31st May 2014, 17:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post

ICD is basically interface control document. And I am not sure how to mount these parts on to a CMM Please advise.
Hi Jaskirat,

there is no ICD used in M&M (at-least till 2011 that was the case, I don't know if it is some new lingo recently implemented by the bean counters there). Jokes apart, clearances are checked these days using CAD / CAE methods.

If you could tell me what you are trying to do, I could give you some pointers. I don't think you are planning to design these assemblies new, rather, check if these assemblies could be used without much interferences?

With CMM, you will get co-ordinates of points you want to measure in (X Y Z directions), then you must link these points to the vehicle reference points (if you want to assemble).

Good luck !
Cheers
Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 16:18   #5
BHPian

Hi SPIKE ARRESTOR,

My apology for the delayed reply. I haven't logged into the forum for a long time.

The term ICD was used by an American Engineering company that I was in talk with. They were actually looking for clearances and dimensions of the engine, gearbox and other major parts.

I was talking to them about developing a offroad vehicle using components from Mahindra's parts bin.

I will keep you advise in mind and be touch if I need further help. Thank you so much for your reply.

Regards

Jaskirat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Hi Jaskirat,

there is no ICD used in M&M (at-least till 2011 that was the case, I don't know if it is some new lingo recently implemented by the bean counters there). Jokes apart, clearances are checked these days using CAD / CAE methods.

If you could tell me what you are trying to do, I could give you some pointers. I don't think you are planning to design these assemblies new, rather, check if these assemblies could be used without much interferences?

With CMM, you will get co-ordinates of points you want to measure in (X Y Z directions), then you must link these points to the vehicle reference points (if you want to assemble).

Good luck !
Cheers
Spike