| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|21st September 2014, 11:13||#1|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 4,504 Times
Electric Water Pump for Off-Road Vehicles
I was looking towards getting hold of an Electric Water Pump. The advantages, I'm looking for by installing one of these are:
1. Can fix the radiator to a different/higher/safer location, with longer custom plumbing, and the circulation isnt affected.
2. Increased Water Circulation inside the engine for better heat dissipation in extreme climates + high rpm's combination. Especially when you push a diesel engine towards ~5k rpm consistently in Palar like climate.
3. Electric water pump will keep the water flow running on a hot engine, even after shut down. Shutting off a hot engine after a spirited high rpm run isnt advisable, and this makes it possible?
4. Better Circulation during idling/low rpm load carrying situations.
5. Lastly, I will not be dependent on any belts. I can drive home safely (yes, without the alternator & the battery will decide the range) even if the belts fails.
I've also heard it saves bhp, but not sure how much.
Last edited by dhanushs : 21st September 2014 at 11:20.
|The following BHPian Thanks dhanushs for this useful post:|
|21st September 2014, 13:04||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2004
Thanked: 1,820 Times
Electric Water Pump
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump||adityapd||Modifications & Accessories||722||14th July 2018 19:34|
|OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"||JeepCaptain||4x4 Excursions||7||2nd March 2013 12:45|
|Mercedes-Benz "Road to the Future" - From BlueTEC diesel to electric vehicles: Modula||hanmust||The International Automotive Scene||2||14th June 2008 21:27|
|Wanted: 2nd hand Fuel Pump / Fuel Pump Body||ramie2400||Shifting gears||2||6th October 2007 11:16|
|palio 1.2 nv 'pressure sensor error and water pump issue'||kapilsharma80||Technical Stuff||5||17th September 2007 17:58|