Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 10:13   #856
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

I think these rims are Suzuki Samurai or Nissan patrol ones . Heard these are available in Mumbai but do not know who sells it
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 11:17   #857
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Mud-Terrains

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Actually i use my gypsy for about 20kms a week thats it so im not keen on tyres which are good for highway driving . My main purpose is OTR ..
Hi Karizma,

Why not a full-blown MT Tyres.

Keep one set for Road and Another for off-road.

Some consideration for the Gypsy

1) Maxxis Trepador 235-75-15
2) Yokohama 7.00X15 (720/742)
3) Firestone 7.00X15 (M&S)

Army Tires

The 7.00X15 Tyres were (are) imported for Mahindra FC Vans.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 13:36   #858
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Karizma,

Why not a full-blown MT Tyres.

Keep one set for Road and Another for off-road.

Some consideration for the Gypsy

1) Maxxis Trepador 235-75-15
2) Yokohama 7.00X15 (720/742)
3) Firestone 7.00X15 (M&S)

Army Tires

The 7.00X15 Tyres were (are) imported for Mahindra FC Vans.
Regards,

Arka
Ah actually i thought of it but i don want the size to go above 215 . Are any MTs available in 215s . All i have seen are 235s. nAnd are these Yokohama 7.00x15 available in India , looks very good and rock solid(what size does it come up to like 195 or 205 or 215 )

Last edited by karizma9292 : 10th June 2010 at 13:45.
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 14:34   #859
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Ah actually i thought of it but i don want the size to go above 215 . Are any MTs available in 215s . All i have seen are 235s. nAnd are these Yokohama 7.00x15 available in India , looks very good and rock solid(what size does it come up to like 195 or 205 or 215 )
Hi Karizma,

The Yokohama/Firestone 7.00X15 are available in Chennai, from time to time.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If you consider up sizing to 16" Rims, you open up a world of possibilities in Skinny Tyres.
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 14:52   #860
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Karizma,

The Yokohama/Firestone 7.00X15 are available in Chennai, from time to time.

Regards,

Arka

PS - If you consider up sizing to 16" Rims, you open up a world of possibilities in Skinny Tyres.

Arka sir could you please tell me the cost of those each tyre and can you give the dealer details
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:08   #861
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,489
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default

BF = hates slush. It doesn't have cleaning channels and become slick in seconds. On road again the thread pattern gives more confidence in Yoko's. Only issue with Yoko they have softer sidewall so wont take as much abuse as BF on rocky terrain.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:31   #862
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Yokahama Y720

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Arka sir could you please tell me the cost of those each tyre and can you give the dealer details
Karizma Sir,

The Yoko's (7.00X15) were/are available in a couple of tyre shops near Sathyam Cinema. I don't have any of the dealer details or contact no.s.

Will get the info, when I go looking for tyres.

In 2009, they were quoting Rs4200/- Tyre & Tube.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 10:28   #863
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Karizma Sir,

The Yoko's (7.00X15) were/are available in a couple of tyre shops near Sathyam Cinema. I don't have any of the dealer details or contact no.s.

Will get the info, when I go looking for tyres.

In 2009, they were quoting Rs4200/- Tyre & Tube.

Regards,

Arka
Hmmm ok thank you Arka sir.
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 11:08   #864
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Im thinking of Maxxis trepador 235/75-R15 . Thing is that it can be fitted on original rims but wont it touch the leafs . And im doing 2" shackle lift so 75 profile is ok right
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 11:25   #865
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Im thinking of Maxxis trepador 235/75-R15 . Thing is that it can be fitted on original rims but wont it touch the leafs . And im doing 2" shackle lift so 75 profile is ok right
Unless you go for negative offset tyres, it will touch the leaf. The lift will increase vertical height. It won't compensate for width. Or you will need to put a steering stop.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 21:22   #866
BHPian
 
MexXxentric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 248
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

This belongs to 90's Samurai.

Other than aesthetics what is the specific advantage of this rim over OE gypsy rims?
MexXxentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 21:51   #867
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
This belongs to 90's Samurai.

Other than aesthetics what is the specific advantage of this rim over OE gypsy rims?
I think the negative offset and that resulting in more wider tyres, correct me guys if I'm wrong.

Anyday steel rims are better, but only thing our Mahindras doesn't have good kingpin or upgraded setup to handle heavier steel rims such as the ones used in ARMY MM550.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 19:03   #868
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Hey guys , i settled down for yoko geos as my bro did not want to go for MTs . These are 215/75-R15 . Steering is become lighter now so U turns are quite easy now though i had 195s before. Here are some pics , sorry for the bad quality of the first image as my bro had taken the digicam elsewhere so took the pics from my phone .

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-12062010105.jpg

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-12062010107.jpg
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 21:49   #869
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default procomp wheels

hi guys

these wheels are used by jeeps as well as samurais all over the world.
i don't think these are available new , please check second hand market in MUMBAI.

or import new ones from uncle sams counrty.
Rock Crawler Series 82 White Powder coated Wheel
  • Max Load =1800 to 2000 lbs
  • Backspace 3.15 to 4.5 inch
  • sizes 15x12,
    15 x 14,
    15 x 7,
    15 x 8,
    16.5 x 12,
    16.5 x 6.75,
    16.5 x 8.25,
    16.5 x 9.75,
    16 x 10,
    16x8.
  • Bolt Pattern 5 on 5.5 inch (139.7 pcd)
sorry could not load the pics that i had.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 19:14   #870
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi, I am planing to import these rims from the US for my Gypsy Black Rock Wheels 942581240 - Black Rock Series 942 Type D Steel Wheel in Matte Black for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec Can any of the experts tell me if these rims will fit the Gypsy?
indra_slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai's Offroad Junkie goes international! Builds offroad track for Mercedes, Hong Kong GTO 4x4 Excursions 12 24th December 2015 14:01
Tubeless tyres on Steel rims RJK Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 185 18th June 2014 16:01
New Tyres and rims ... urgent bamboo Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 39 16th November 2007 20:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks