Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:14   #991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

for a gypsy - Is 235/75/R15 straight fit on a 8J rim ? or with 1" spacers?

Last edited by livyodream : 22nd August 2010 at 16:18.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:17   #992
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
What sizes in 16'' Beejay? Also, did you check for the prices?
It is 245/75/R16 Big horn. He is quoting 8K each.

235/75/R15 Big Horn or Trepedor is not available anywhere. As per the importer here he claims no one in INDIA has the stock.The next shipment will be coming in 2nd week of Sep.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:06   #993
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
It is 245/75/R16 Big horn. He is quoting 8K each.

235/75/R15 Big Horn or Trepedor is not available anywhere. As per the importer here he claims no one in INDIA has the stock.The next shipment will be coming in 2nd week of Sep.
The Trepedors are available, BIG horns are not IMO.

Apparently only 1 guy has imported and the rest of INdia buys from him.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 18:34   #994
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Trepedors are available, BIG horns are not IMO.

Apparently only 1 guy has imported and the rest of INdia buys from him.
can you let me know in which shop is it available?
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:40   #995
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,890
Thanked: 2,316 Times
Default

now there are alteast three guys claiming to be the original importer.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 05:52   #996
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
now there are alteast three guys claiming to be the original importer.
where are they located ? Im not bothered who are the importers as long as I get a Set of tires
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:46   #997
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Guys,

I am trying to get hold of these tyres.

Continental Cross Contact AT. 215/75 R 15.

Not available anyplace. Do let me know if your tyre guys can get it?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
 
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 11:11   #998
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
My Maxxis Trepadors 235/75/15 cost me Rs.5250/- each in Bombay. Should be cheaper in Bangalore.
A guy in Indore is quoting 6600 for the same configuration tyre.
Not sure if I should hold or go for it !
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 16:04   #999
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Finally after a long wait (Repair and TIN work + Health Reasons) I have got new shoes for my Pajero.

Maxxis Big Horn 31 X 10.50 X R15

Will post more pics in a day of two after the fitting
Attached Thumbnails
The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-snc00964.jpg  

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-snc00965.jpg  

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-snc00967.jpg  

Cloud_Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 16:18   #1000
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Guys,

I am trying to get hold of these tyres.

Continental Cross Contact AT. 215/75 R 15.

Not available anyplace. Do let me know if your tyre guys can get it?

Thanks in advance.
Benny,
Not a good tyre. It was available at Sai Iyengar sometimes back.

Thanks
--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 20:00   #1001
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Finally after a long wait (Repair and TIN work + Health Reasons) I have got new shoes for my Pajero.

Maxxis Big Horn 31 X 10.50 X R15

Will post more pics in a day of two after the fitting
Hey Prashanth,
The tyres look neat! How much did you get this for?
Also, could you please share more details about those alloys (What offset, price... )?
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 08:43   #1002
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Benny,
Not a good tyre. It was available at Sai Iyengar sometimes back.

Thanks
--Sree--
Sree, I realised that the hard way. Now I have given it back and got myself Geolandr.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 23:16   #1003
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,664
Thanked: 6,106 Times
Default

Hey guys, need some advice. A friend asked me to get the tyres and rims on his gypsy changed. Its running on some 15" rims already but those will also be changed. I wanted to know what the best upsize would be, for looks but not compromising too much on practicality. I mean it will be taken offroad sometimes. But the guy wants it to look imposing.

I spoke to a tyre guy and he said 215/75 r15 geolandars will be good. Any suggestions?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 00:09   #1004
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

215/75 are 1 up than the stock configuration. I have seen people put 235s and also 265s to make it look imposing but then those will be only for looks.

215/75 is adequate for a good ride on and off road.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 00:42   #1005
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,664
Thanked: 6,106 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
215/75 are 1 up than the stock configuration. I have seen people put 235s and also 265s to make it look imposing but then those will be only for looks.

215/75 is adequate for a good ride on and off road.
Cant really lose out on peppyness so im sure 265 etc will be out. But he wants the Gypsy to look the part. So some other mods are also being done, nothing to major, just the normal roll over bar, bull bar, lights etc.

Will it look good with 215s?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai's Offroad Junkie goes international! Builds offroad track for Mercedes, Hong Kong GTO 4x4 Excursions 12 24th December 2015 14:01
Tubeless tyres on Steel rims RJK Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 185 18th June 2014 16:01
New Tyres and rims ... urgent bamboo Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 39 16th November 2007 20:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks