Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:06   #1366
Senior - BHPian
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dharamsala
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 694 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

How much does it cost to balance your tyres...and do you guys even bother with it?

I need a price check so I can gage a local fellow who does dynamic balances via machine...and has a reputation for gouging.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 22nd October 2011 at 14:11.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:47   #1367
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
How much does it cost to balance your tyres...and do you guys even bother with it?

I need a price check so I can gage a local fellow who does dynamic balances via machine...and has a reputation for gouging.
Hi DD,

The Chennai Rates for balancing are Rs80-100 per tyre (For JEEP Tyres)

Steering Alignment is Rs250-400.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:28   #1368
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 764
Thanked: 288 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Mumbai - 80 rs a tyre. Weights extra.

They gave up trying to balance one of mine but did the others.

They do alignment but the data is the machine is for a Major or Armada no matter what jeep it is.

Last edited by genesis : 22nd October 2011 at 15:30.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:19   #1369
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 980
Thanked: 698 Times
Default

Gurgaon prices for balancing are 50 bucks per tyre inclusive of weights. I just got mine (re)balanced a couple of days back.
Alignment using the machine is for 150 bucks. Some places charge 200 though.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 09:54   #1370
BHPian
 
Endeavour333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 358 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Found a REALLY GOOD Tyre Size Comparison Calculator to compare regular sizes like 245/70/16 etc with sizes like 31x10.5 R15. Really useful. Gives you all the useful information to compare up to 5 tyres with each other.

Link: Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 27th October 2011 at 09:55.
Endeavour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 10:37   #1371
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 980
Thanked: 698 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333
Gives you all the useful information to compare up to 5 tyres with each other.
Link: Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing
1010 tyres, is a very well known site for the same, and I have used this extensively. But, thanks for logging in the link here, since it is bound to help others.
Now the problem comes when you need to source some of the exotic tyre sizes in India, after all your hard research, and find that the Import restrictions are in your way.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 19:44   #1372
BHPian
 
raghu4222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Hi Guys,

I need your advice and suggestion, i have booked a Thar and i'm planning to change the stock tires from bridgestone duller to ATS.

> which ATS tires would be good for stock size (235/70/r16)?
> If i go in for an upgrade to size 255/65/r16, then which one?

I have heard a lot about the yoko's ATS any suggestions and reliable contacts to sources these would be of great help.

Thx in advance,
Raghu
raghu4222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 19:59   #1373
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Hey guys can anyone help me in getting these wheels for my scorpio . The make is NEO WHEELS and model name is VISION CP . These are actually discontinued but are supplied only to Mahindra customisation .

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-6521.jpg
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 22:22   #1374
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Hey guys can anyone help me in getting these wheels for my scorpio . The make is NEO WHEELS and model name is VISION CP . These are actually discontinued but are supplied only to Mahindra customisation .

Attachment 853230
Look for Onyx -they come pretty close to these (15 inch rims though)

Those tires have yellow paint on the tread !!

Last edited by lugnut : 12th December 2011 at 22:24.
lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 15:22   #1375
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Hi,

I'm looking for 16x8 , 5/139.7 bolt pattern, negative offset rims out of Mumbai - can anyone please share pointers to a good shop holding this ?

I've got BFG A/T KO tubeless mounted on Army issue steelies

I've looked around but most shops carry 15x8 size (seems to be a much more popular one)

Thanks !
lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 15:42   #1376
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 203 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
...I'm looking for 16x8 , 5/139.7 bolt pattern, negative offset rims out of Mumbai....
Getting that PCD in 16" is indeed difficult. One of the very few designs i 've seen in 16" is this one, from Randeep's jeep.
Attached Images
 
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 16:53   #1377
BHPian
 
Saptarshi B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
Look for Onyx -they come pretty close to these (15 inch rims though)

Those tires have yellow paint on the tread !!

I am looking for 15" wheels. Any idea where in Mumbai Onyx would retail

Thanks
Saptarshi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 19:48   #1378
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
I am looking for 15" wheels. Any idea where in Mumbai Onyx would retail

Thanks
Check the tire shops at Lamington road, last I checked they were carrying these aplenty
lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 11:33   #1379
BHPian
 
Endeavour333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 358 Times
Default

Gentlemen I need your help. I am looking at upgrading my Ford Endeavour tyres to Maxxis Bighorn MT tyres.

1) should I get 31x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15? What width rims is ideal for both sizes? 8j, 9j or 10j?

What are the issues i am likely to experience with both sizes?

Would the larger tyre be too stressful on the auto transmission? I heard it is better not to upsize by much for an auto transmission. Why is this the case?

How will turning radius get affected and what can I do to maintain turning radius? will negative offset rims help?

What would it be like as a daily driver if I upsize to the 32 inch tyre?

Would really appreciate an answer to as many of these questions as you have time for!

I'm getting rims made to order from Bangalore so I will get what is perfect. Just cannot seem to decide on which tyre to get because I am in the dark with respect to owning a vehicle with MT tyres.
Endeavour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 11:47   #1380
BHPian
 
Frankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/hyderabad
Posts: 330
Thanked: 269 Times
Default re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Gentlemen I need your help. I am looking at upgrading my Ford Endeavour tyres to Maxxis Bighorn MT tyres.

1) should I get 31x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15? What width rims is ideal for both sizes? 8j, 9j or 10j?

What are the issues i am likely to experience with both sizes?

Would the larger tyre be too stressful on the auto transmission? I heard it is better not to upsize by much for an auto transmission. Why is this the case?

How will turning radius get affected and what can I do to maintain turning radius? will negative offset rims help?

What would it be like as a daily driver if I upsize to the 32 inch tyre?

Would really appreciate an answer to as many of these questions as you have time for!

I'm getting rims made to order from Bangalore so I will get what is perfect. Just cannot seem to decide on which tyre to get because I am in the dark with respect to owning a vehicle with MT tyres.
Endy333 you can go for maxxis bighorn 275/70 r15 or any 32"M/T. There are no issues faced on the highway , braking etc. You need 10J alloys , Tires might scrape the bumper, you need to trim it a little.

This terracan has 2 " ironman lift and the above mentioned tires. We did good speeds with no issues, chikmagalur ghats , no problem .
Attached Thumbnails
The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-img_5137.jpg  

Frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai's Offroad Junkie goes international! Builds offroad track for Mercedes, Hong Kong GTO 4x4 Excursions 12 24th December 2015 14:01
Tubeless tyres on Steel rims RJK Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 185 18th June 2014 16:01
New Tyres and rims ... urgent bamboo Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 39 16th November 2007 20:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks