Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 24th March 2011, 19:15   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Grand Vitara gets custom made skid plates

Interesting discussion and fabulous work by both Sudev and Samurai- Hats off to you guys.
@ MexXxentric: what if we were to invert the chequered plate Im sure you would still get the strength as well as the smooth surface on the outer side.
@ Sudev, Samurai & allExperts: Please comment on my above observation.

regards
salil
scphanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 13:57   #107
BHPian

Mr. Sudev - I just came across this 5 year old thread. I am also looking to get some underbody protection for my GV. I notice you have mentioned details of Motor Craft - Sahibabad and Noida. My questions are as below

- What is the total cost of protecting the underbody through custom built aluminium checkered plates (identical to the job done for your car)

- Where will you recommend I get it done from, Sahibabad or Noida

- Any other points I need to be careful about while getting this bit of customization done. Again I am looking for exact same specifications as for your car, unless you have made any more changes recently.

thanks
rattanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 10:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Go with chequered plates and not plain aluminium sheet. Former are much more resistant to bending. IMHO 3mm should be good.
Sir, I'm planning on installing skid plates on my GV too. Work will be done at a FNG most likely. Do you happen to know what type of aluminum alloy (5182 or 5754 or 6061 etc.) was used in your vehicle in these checkered sheets?

I'm in touch with an aluminum sheets supplier and have to decide what kind of strength will I need.
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote