Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 25th April 2009, 20:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Interesting..KS should be in bangalore coming weekend. Shall call you on arrival!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 12:42   #92
BHPian

Khan saabh, has your xfer-case problem been solved?

Take a look at this, Sam need help on what to do with the rear end... - Page 7 - Australian 4WD Action Online Forums - the 4WD, 4x4 and offroad truck community. Get the latest tips, news, reviews, images and video clips.

I was surfing for 33" boggers and this thing came up. This guy here lifter the xfer-case of his sami by a few inches by modding the mounts. Although there's nothing in detail, but you could get some ideas.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 22:23   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Khan saabh, has your xfer-case problem been solved?

Thanks Brutus. As I mentioned earlier, I will be doing something totally different:
  • Adding 2 more mounts on the long arm (making 4 mounts spaced by 5-6 inches each over a 1ft or so).
  • For this, on the underside of the long arm, a 2-3" wide plate will be fabricated and put across the length of the long arm
This should hopefully address the t-case mount issue as the 'increased gearing torque' will be split over 4 mounts (compared to 2 right now)

This would still mean that the mount at the short arm would remain same (just one).

If the 4 mount option fails or the short arm mount begins to fail then will try some Plan B (fabricating custom mounts)

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 09:45   #94
BHPian

Hi Khan

Another solution to your t-case problem.

Mighty Kong

You should be able to get this fabricated locally.

Cheers

GB
Gypsy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 22:47   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post

Another solution to your t-case problem.

Mighty Kong

You should be able to get this fabricated locally.
Hi GB, thanks. I know about this -- it is a protection for your t-case. a kind of a custom skid plate for your t-case that sits on stock mounts.

This will not help much. What works is either reinforcing the t-case long arm or having mounts of different types.

I am still to get this work done. Will get it done soon and post an update here.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote