Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 26th August 2015, 10:48   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: AC for MM550 (and Jeeps in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
I just got into jeeps this year with an old MM5404WD. I am keen on getting an AC fitted. I don't want to affect the overall reliability of the vehicle.
Dear Seshadri (Ronk) - hello after a very long time! How are you? Do you still have your 1968 fiat? For your MM540, as you are located in Bangalore, just touch base with Rajith, I am sure he will know somebody who can help you out by doing a good job.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 11:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Seshadri (Ronk) - hello after a very long time! How are you? Do you still have your 1968 fiat?
DB Sir, what a pleasure to know that you still remember me and my fiat! Unfortunately my Fiat and I parted ways long back. Rather stupid decision looking back, but at the time it seemed like the only option.
Little bit of fiddling around with family owned '98 M800, then '01 vtec and then i moved onto a 'modern' vehicle and concentrated on work/family(marriage) for a few years.

Now, finally am back to cars/jeeps with a '90 MM540 4WD. It will be slow restoration due to funds, but should be fun (Detailed thread in assembly line). Single owner vehicle, and seems fairly stock and not very abused. Don't want to alter much, but would like to make it more comfy so I use it more often. Hence, the AC. However, seems like i should work on the cooling and interiors first before the AC.

I will get in touch with Rajith, would you know which part of Bangalore he is in?
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 22:13   #108
BHPian

I own 1996 model MM540 ,I have done the engine overhaul and complete body work.Now I am planning to go for the ac installation .I am planning to procure the parts needed for the ac and go for the installation.
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 13:31   #109
BHPian

Just a thought... can a 12/6 volt electric motor run the compressor instead of hooking on to the engine ? Would be interested to know more details of this in action if any one we know tried it already. Reva should be doing this, but not sure of the voltage/wattage of the motor driving its compressor. May be it runs on bigger batteries.

Regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 10:26   #110
BHPian

Situation : 38deg C, grid lock traffic, summer, Jeep A/C turned on, engine idle RPMs drop, corresponding drop in oil pressure (bad karma for engine)

While retrofitting an A/C to a Jeep, has anyone considered using/used a fast-idle solenoid,hooked up to the alternator for engine RPM drops when the A/C is switched on?

The alternator hookup would be to primarily sense a drop in rpms beyond a certain level and trigger the solenoid to bump up the engine RPMs.

Here's a possible set-up:

I'd like to know how this was being done in early ~90s Indian vehicles that came with A/Cs (Contessa etc..)

Any pointers?
lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote