Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 25th October 2011, 07:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Solex Carburettor for CJ3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1970 View Post
Hi friends,
After much difficulty, I am in possession of my grandfather's 1952 model Left Hand, Four Wheel Drive Willys Jeep. My local mechanic says that he can fix it if I am able to get AC pump kit, Delco Coil, Delco Point Set, Solex Carburetor and Self Motor (all 12 Volts). Kindly let me know from where I procure them.
Thank you,
Anurag.
Anurag,

Since it is an original 52 Willys, not common these days and a 3rd generation family heirloom...just do not try and get it fixed by any mechanic.

Once if it loses its originality...then it is virginity lost!

If possible try and get it to Hyderabad by truck and get the required jobs done here. I will assist you with the best mechanic, body and paint guys.
It all depends how much you intend to spend on her.

Its your call. It has the potential to turn out as one of the best in its class if it is original.

I am assuming by the missing parts that it has not seen the road for atleast ten years, if so..it is not as simple as starting the engine and running it even if you can, unless a comprehensive mechanical job is done on your Jeep, this is what most Jeepers/ restorers would advise.

BTW, Machlipatnam (Machli bunder) means a lot to my family.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 25th October 2011 at 08:03.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Solex Carburettor for CJ3B

I aint sure, if someone still looking for CJ3B parts here overhere. Some of the parts dealers at mumbai claim they have Cj3b Parts in stock on Just dial.

Hope this info helps.

http://www.justdial.com/Mumbai/Jeep-...-Cj3b/ct-25856

Cheers,
Deepak Shivanna
DeClutch 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote