Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 18:37   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,016 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
I have a 2008 scorpio, it has always been serviced at authorized station, in secunderabad i have been away from india for past 3 years my wife says for very service they are charging aroung 15,000 is it the right price my car seldom goes out except for once in a while trip to vellore from hyderabad,,,is a regular chargefor service or they charging extra my wife doesnt comprehend why they have charged so much once the car did not even do 4000 kms and my wife called them for service as it had been 5 mnths since it went for service they charged 16,000 rupees..its chaffuer driven i think my driver and service station have tied up or is it the regular bill
hi ali, no second thoughts about this- you are being ripped off. 16,000 is an absurd amount for general servicing. you should take this matter to the higher officials of mahindra.

i am listing the servicing charges of my scorpio for your reference-

5000 kms: Rs. 1545/-

10,000 kms: Rs. 145/-

15,000 kms: Rs. 641/-

20,000 Service: Rs. 4886/-

25,000 service: Rs. 4727/-

30,000 kms service: Rs. 1500/-

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th March 2010 at 18:41.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 20:26   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,914
Thanked: 2,365 Times
Default

@alisajid:

Scorpio requires an oil change in the first 5K kilometers and then only every 15K kms after that. The other 5K services are purely inspections. They are definitely ripping you off. Next time insist that you want to do only what is mentioned in the service manual !!
4x4addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 15:43   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,377
Thanked: 773 Times
Default

Pure daylight robbery. Have you checked the service bill? They would have to list out all the jobs done to merit such a high price. If possible scan and post the service cost break up here itself.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 14:22   #19
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 259
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
I have a 2008 scorpio, it has always been serviced at authorized station, in secunderabad i have been away from india for past 3 years my wife says for very service they are charging aroung 15,000 is it the right price my car seldom goes out except for once in a while trip to vellore from hyderabad,,,is a regular chargefor service or they charging extra my wife doesnt comprehend why they have charged so much once the car did not even do 4000 kms and my wife called them for service as it had been 5 mnths since it went for service they charged 16,000 rupees..its chaffuer driven i think my driver and service station have tied up or is it the regular bill
i am more surprised, why this was not caught by someone at the dealer itself, since this was going to the ASC, there would be full records

AliSajid, I think if you escalate to the right people I am pretty much confident that the dealer would be forced to return you the money, and it is not about the money here, it is about bringing in notice to the correct officials at M&M and even the owner of the dealership, as I am sure no one in thier right mind can do this way, so someone at the other end was really short sighted, it is important to put a stop to this, god know how many such cases go un-reported

another of my friend, whose aged Mom leaves alone here in Pune, every six months her driver takes her Zen for service to a nearby garage, and the bill is always above Rs.5000

I have owner a Zen for almost 10 years and in 10 years i must have not spent more than Rs 15,000/- excluding consumables

why do people cheat so much
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 19:29   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

@Spikey: I'm contemplating on getting the Getaway and would request you to clarify a few things:
  1. Is the Gear Box & Final Drive ration between the 2.6CRDe Scorpio & Getaway same of different.
  2. Does its have a Limited Slip Differential up front and rear.
  3. Can you please give me an equipment list as the dealer/area office don't seem to have any kind of brochure on the Getaway.


Thanks in advance.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 17:19   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 199
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@Spikey: I'm contemplating on getting the Getaway and would request you to clarify a few things:
  1. Is the Gear Box & Final Drive ration between the 2.6CRDe Scorpio & Getaway same of different.
  2. Does its have a Limited Slip Differential up front and rear.
  3. Can you please give me an equipment list as the dealer/area office don't seem to have any kind of brochure on the Getaway.


Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Getaway does not have a LSD
Other related information is available here:
Scorpio Specifications | Mahindra SUV Offers | Best Suvs | Mid Size Vehicle
Brochure here:
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/downl...E-Brochure.zip

Good luck with your purchase.
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:06   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Getaway does not have a LSD
Other related information is available here:
Scorpio Specifications | Mahindra SUV Offers | Best Suvs | Mid Size Vehicle
Brochure here:
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/downl...E-Brochure.zip


Good luck with your purchase.
There is hardly any info about the Getaway on the website. Like it comes only in BS-III compliant 2.6CRDe engine.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:12   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,867
Thanked: 1,479 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There is hardly any info about the Getaway on the website. Like it comes only in BS-III compliant 2.6CRDe engine.
I have done this research Anirban. The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:18   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,657
Thanked: 701 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There is hardly any info about the Getaway on the website. Like it comes only in BS-III compliant 2.6CRDe engine.
I have told you na baba, what more info do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have done this research Anirban. The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:26   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have done this research Anirban.
Who is Anirban ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I have told you na baba, what more info do you want?
Yes you gave me the info. Thank you for that Baba Spike Arrestor! Dissipating knowledge in piecemeal basis to us knowledge hungry souls. BTW do you really want to know what I want

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th January 2011 at 18:28.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does your car take a turn smoothly - The Differential SLK Technical Stuff 16 22nd August 2013 18:53
Land Rover 110: Need Help finding actuating lever for differential lock gotzuk Technical Stuff 8 1st February 2010 22:27
Leaking front differential oil in my grand vitara 2007 GRV 4x4 Technical 20 28th August 2009 13:07
strange Differential problem! motocamp 4x4 Technical 9 31st July 2009 01:11
Will Gypsy King's front Differential Hub/ Casing fit for a Gypsy Gypsy_roadies SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 3 16th March 2009 16:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks