Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 18th February 2010, 17:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Abheek,
How have you mounted the bumper?
Is it mounted on the stock bumper mountings?

Cheers
Vaibhav
Hey Vaibhav,
Yes, Abheek's new bumper is mounted on the stock bumper mountings.
That is what he mentions in the Gypsy Pictures thread. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1739099-post576.html)
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 01:41   #32
BANNED

Kandisa, are you from Noida? is the jeep in Noida? you know what i am eventually gonna come to!

Vaibhav, thats one really neat cover you have there. i have admired it since a while. An honor to know you are here!
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 12:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Kandisa, are you from Noida? is the jeep in Noida? you know what i am eventually gonna come to!..
No problems, will meet up some suitable time. Will send you a PM. I am located at sector 62.

Quote:
Vaibhav, thats one really neat cover you have there. i have admired it since a while. An honor to know you are here!...
+ 1..thats simple, subtle yet different and very purposeful.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 00:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vaibhav,
Are you the one who has the sheet metal cover (the one used on bus floorings) on the back of your gypsy?
saw it at performance a while back!
Quote:
Vaibhav, thats one really neat cover you have there. i have admired it since a while.
Yes, That's my Gypsy, currently at Performance Auto for some bodywork.
Thanks for appreciating Its far from perfect but does a great job at protecting the luggage from dust and water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Vaibhav,
Yes, Abheek's new bumper is mounted on the stock bumper mountings.
That is what he mentions in the Gypsy Pictures thread. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1739099-post576.html)
Cheers,
Deepak
Abheek,
I presume that you have mounted the bumper on the outriggers circled in red in the attached pic. When you plan to install a winch in you Gypsy, I suggest that you add additional mounts on the bumper to affix it to the area circled in green. You will find that holes are already present there (marked with arrows).

Cheers
Vaibhav
Name:  bupmer mount.JPG
Views: 1245
Size:  27.2 KB
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 00:45   #35
BANNED

^^ so i am gonna drop by at performance today and have a dekho in person a question though - where did you get it done from? i noticed a spare wheel on top, is there one under the cover too?

Kandisa & Vaibhav, totally off topic question - would you happen to know of anyone who could get an army disposal restored gypsy registered? The PB 47 no. is fine too. Its for a friend who is a member here!
Old 22nd February 2010, 01:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
^^ so i am gonna drop by at performance today and have a dekho in person a question though - where did you get it done from? i noticed a spare wheel on top, is there one under the cover too?

Kandisa & Vaibhav, totally off topic question - would you happen to know of anyone who could get an army disposal restored gypsy registered? The PB 47 no. is fine too. Its for a friend who is a member here!
I fabricated it at a friend's factory in Shimla.
The space under the cover is for luggage, no extra spare wheel inside.
As for the registration, if you are buying from Mayapuri, the dealer who sells you the vehicle will get charge you extra money and get it registered too.

Cheers
Vaibhav
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:10   #37
BANNED

Neat vaibhav! so its a two seater right..?? ok so about the gypsy.. well it was bought from Meerut and restored in noida, engine swap and everything. talked to the noida RTO and agents but its not working out here. Any suggestions? contact numbers or anything. This is Abhay's Gypsy i am talking about (handle - Sorcereranator.. excuse the spelling)

also.. any guy in noida who could fabricate something like this -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...verhauled.html (Gypsy - Overhauled!!)
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:32   #38
BHPian

Hi,
Thats a good work, excat ARB copy. Is this bull bar available only for gypsys? I would like to make some thing similar for my indaver. It would be great, If you could help me with the contact details.
Regards
robinson.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:27   #39
BHPian

Vaibhav,

Is there any other material that can be used to make a tonneau and paint either body coloured or matt black. Also is it necessary to mount the spare wheel on the tonneau for it to work properly. Lastly, approx. cost for the modification.
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:47   #40
BANNED

Amar i would assume you can make a frame and use any sheet metal for the tonneau. spare wheel can be placed as per your convenience. i would think mounting it on top would require a support underneath.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:04   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

OT:
@Kandisa: Won't the placement of the fogs affect the functioning of the headlights? When the headlights are switched on, doesn't the center part of the road be covered with a shadow of the fogs?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
OT:
@Kandisa: Won't the placement of the fogs affect the functioning of the headlights? When the headlights are switched on, doesn't the center part of the road be covered with a shadow of the fogs?
Hi Tejas, actually the current placement of the fog lamps will be changed and so are the lamps. Basically the stock headlights aren't that good now and we placed the fog lamps this way couple of weeks back for some highway journey through fog so that they complement the purpose of the headlight also. The headlights will be changed very soon and the fog lamps will be replaced by good pair of Hellas once i have some cash ready But no shadow problem whatsoever,may be because of the lack of proper light spread.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 20:07   #43
BHPian

Default offroading photos and videos with new front bumper

rsvp....

enjoy.

Offroading in Pench River

Custom Off-Roading Bumper's for Gypsy's-24022010020edit.jpg

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 02:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson.s View Post
Hi,
Thats a good work, excat ARB copy. Is this bull bar available only for gypsys? I would like to make some thing similar for my indaver. It would be great, If you could help me with the contact details.
Regards
Negative. Nothing for the Endeavor. Currently this vendor is only importing parts for Gypsy and I was told in the near future for the Fortuner too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Vaibhav,

Is there any other material that can be used to make a tonneau and paint either body coloured or matt black. Also is it necessary to mount the spare wheel on the tonneau for it to work properly. Lastly, approx. cost for the modification.
Amar,
The current tonneau is a hollow square pipe frame covered with thin aluminium sheet. I only bought the hardware and aluminium sheet, rest was FOC , so can't really tell the exact cost. But I would say, under 10,000 Rs.

The spare tyre was mounted on the tonneau as I didn't want it on the tailgate. As for alternate materials, a mix of aluminium, fiberglass and polycarbonate sheets should work good.
In fact, I am itching to do another redesigned tonneau in fiberglass for my Gypsy. It would inherently have a better finish, weigh lesser and would overcome the shortcomings of the present one.

Cheers
Old 25th February 2010, 09:48   #45
BHPian

Hi Vaibhav

Saw you on MG road last sunday afternoon. I was filling petrol at the petrol pump opp. chattarpur temple. Your gypsy looks really good.

Coming for the OTR this Saturday?

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote