Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 15th February 2010, 15:30   #1
BHPian

Default MM Major Dashboard on a MM 540

I have searched the existing threads for similar topics, but could not find one. So posting a new thread. Mods please relocate, where ever suitable.

I am doing up my MM540, and would like to change the existing dash to that of the latest Major. I am not a big fan of the dash on the 540, hence trying to replace it. So would ask for advice before going in and purchasing one, instead of later sitting and worrying about it.

Is it the same exact fit? like remove and fit? I would be able to drill a few holes for the nuts and bolts, but my main concern is, will I have to change the steering rod etc to fit it in? The jeep currently has an old style Dim n Dip switch, I have a separate switch to "switch on" the headlights and a separate liver to Dim/Dip. I would also like to change this system to the latest one "like the one on the new jeeps". Please advice.
yamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 15:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Major has a dashboard? Since when? You mean the 3 meters console?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 15:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The Major has a dashboard? Since when? You mean the 3 meters console?
Yes that's the one! would it fit? I am planning to upholster it with art leather. with etching on it, to match that of the new seats I would be installing soon.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Yes that's the one! would it fit? I am planning to upholster it with art leather. with etching on it, to match that of the new seats I would be installing soon.
something similar to this. But not exactly the same
Attached Images