Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 5th June 2011, 22:06   #106
BHPian

Default Re: My Gypsy Gal is home

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Ragul, Nice to know your Gypsy is finally getting into shape that you would want.

Don't know about others but the rear axle shaft for 720 seems VERY cheap. I may be wrong but this doesn't seem to be the MRP of that particular part.

Ok it must be 15% then. Today I noticed that the rear wheel dead center do not have the stainless steel caps that the front wheels have. I think While changing axle this part was not replaced... then I have doubts if only front wheels have these caps. I can't remember. Can you confirm?

Thanks
--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 22:09   #107
Team-BHP Support

iirc, only the front wheels have the caps.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 13:48   #108
BHPian

Hello Bengaluru BHPians

I am now ready to change the suspension and switch to CFLs. Where in Bangalore North side (Banaswadi side) can I find a good mechanic who can do this?

I dont want to travel all the way to Koramangala or BTM.

The garage should also have a pneumatic drill as I need to fit an LH mirror. I am looking for someone to whom I can go to repeatedly for all the little incremental mods.

PS: How much should it cost for changing suspension? How much time will it take typically?

Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 14:03   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hello Bengaluru BHPians

I am now ready to change the suspension and switch to CFLs. Where in Bangalore North side (Banaswadi side) can I find a good mechanic who can do this?

I dont want to travel all the way to Koramangala or BTM.
Any mechanic should be able to do this. Doesn't require any specialized equipment. Infact, if you have tools & time you can do it yourself.

Quote:
PS: How much should it cost for changing suspension? How much time will it take typically?

Thanks
Depends, a MASS could charge anything between 800-1200 for this. A non-MASS could charge ~500-700 for this. Should take approx 1-2 hours at best
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 14:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Any mechanic should be able to do this. Doesn't require any specialized equipment. Infact, if you have tools & time you can do it yourself.

Depends, a MASS could charge anything between 800-1200 for this. A non-MASS could charge ~500-700 for this. Should take approx 1-2 hours at best

Hmm I thought we would need a vehicle lifting machine to make it easier. So we jack up one wheel at a time and do it?

I called up Aryan motors near Banaswadi and he quoted 2.5K and a whole days time!!

Thanks for the tip. I will head down to the local garage a few 100mtrs from my house and check.

-Ragul
Old 11th June 2011, 15:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

A correction. The price I mentioned is for just one side. For both, front and rear, 2k could be ok
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 16:35   #112
BHPian

Quote:
A correction. The price I mentioned is for just one side. For both, front and rear, 2k could be ok

Well I asked one other local garage just now they quoted 1.5K for all 4. Guess its ok then.

Will do it on Monday.

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:33   #113
BHPian

Default Crank Pulley for the G13BB vs G13B?

Hello

I really want to change the pulley on my Gypsy to a lightweight Alloy or T6061 AL one. Currently I use a heavy dual pulley with inner serpentine and outer A-Section for use with a Sanden 505 a/c compressor.

Where can I find one for this aging engine model in this age? I see some pulleys sold for the old suzuki swift which had a G13B engine. Would that be a drop in replacement for a Gypsy? a slight reduction in diameter by a few mm is ok actually preferred for the underdrive.

Any tips for where I could procure one?

Thanks
R
Old 1st July 2015, 22:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! You are back again after 4 years I am still waiting to see some "clear" pics of your Gypsy Gal
cool_dube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015, 23:05   #115
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Crank Pulley for the G13BB vs G13B?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hello

I really want to change the pulley on my Gypsy to a lightweight Alloy or T6061 AL one. Currently I use a heavy dual pulley with inner serpentine and outer A-Section for use with a Sanden 505 a/c compressor.
If i may ask, is it to gain some power?

Esteem if i remember has grooved single belt set up, whereas Gypsy the compressor is offset and uses dual belt system. So might not work.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote