Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Old 4th March 2011, 22:25   #1

Default Mahindra Peugeot XDP diesel engine rattles suddenly

Hi,

I own a CJ500 with peugeot engine. Very recently I had the diesel pump overhauled and replaced the injector nozzles. Engine runs normally but sometimes all of a sudden there is a sudden "rattling" noise from the engine as dies down as the engine revs up (the noise is similar to single cyclinder diesel ape auto). It is also similar to petrol engine misfiring. The exhaust smoke is also dense during this time.But later engine behaves normally as though nothing has happened.Any idea whats wrong.
satish.rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 08:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Peugeot XDP diesel engine rattles suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.rpr View Post
Hi,

I own a CJ500 with peugeot engine. Very recently I had the diesel pump overhauled and replaced the injector nozzles. Engine runs normally but sometimes all of a sudden there is a sudden "rattling" noise from the engine as dies down as the engine revs up (the noise is similar to single cyclinder diesel ape auto). It is also similar to petrol engine misfiring. The exhaust smoke is also dense during this time.But later engine behaves normally as though nothing has happened.Any idea whats wrong.
Get your fuel pump checked, it looks like a supply problem.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 16:39   #3
BANNED

Default Re: Mahindra Peugeot XDP diesel engine rattles suddenly

@ Satish , please check the nozzles , for pressure equality among them & also for cleanliness .( you will need to check them at the authorised shop )

also I suspect water in diesel , check in that direction too

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote