Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:42   #1
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Hi

Picked up an Insurance write off Bolero 2WD Load carrier. Planning on converting to a 4x4. Can anyone post the Rear Diff Ratio of the Bolero ?

I has got 2.5L Diesel Turbo. (Not the CRDi Version)

Cheers
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:37   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKCRUISERS View Post
Hi

Picked up an Insurance write off Bolero 2WD Load carrier. Planning on converting to a 4x4. Can anyone post the Rear Diff Ratio of the Bolero ?

I has got 2.5L Diesel Turbo. (Not the CRDi Version)

Cheers
Hi Sean,

IIRC the Rear Diff & Axles are Dana 44, please check on the pumpkin for an Aluminium Tag which has the Differential Ratio.

The Pickup Versions are usually fitted with.

1) 4.3:1 for MDI3200TC
2) 4.55:1 for NEF249TCIC

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 08:53   #3
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Sean,

IIRC the Rear Diff & Axles are Dana 44, please check on the pumpkin for an Aluminium Tag which has the Differential Ratio.

The Pickup Versions are usually fitted with.

1) 4.3:1 for MDI3200TC
2) 4.55:1 for NEF249TCIC

Regards,

Arka

Thanks Arka,

saved me a lot of labour hours. It is a 4.3. Some Pictures attached
Attached Images
  
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 10:37   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKCRUISERS View Post
Thanks Arka,

saved me a lot of labour hours. It is a 4.3. Some Pictures attached
He Sean,

Please tell me more about the buggy? with TSL's.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 19:06   #5
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
He Sean,

Please tell me more about the buggy? with TSL's.

Regards,

Arka
Come over for Taprobana and see it in Action. Nissan TD 42 4.2 Diesel Turbo Charged, with "Gods Winch" with Patrol Gear. It is a fun Toy.

Found a Divorced Transfer Case and a 4.3 Cruiser Diff for the front, and Land Cruiser FJ 55 springs are close match.

Cheers
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 15:26   #6
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Took the Cabin Out. The Engine does not have any hooks or hooking points, I wonder how they put it in. Relocate the Fuel Tank. Put in a divorced transfer case. Redeirect the exhaust. And most important to relocate the hand brake to the center, as the Sarong gets entangled it.
LKCRUISERS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 15:57   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Madurai
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 643 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Which divorced transfer case are you using?
jyobeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 18:52   #8
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Which divorced transfer case are you using?
Nissan 720 Which was coupled with 2.3-2.5 Litre SD23/SD25.Which can sit Nicely on the Cross bar where the Prop coupling is.

Also need to Match the PCD of the wheels if I am to retain the original Rear Axle. Why Indian Vehicles Choose 160 PCD ? Only Unique to Mahindra and Tata. Limited Wheel Choice.
Attached Images
      
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 19:23   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Dear Sean,

I just had a thought, why isnt the engine/GB taken OFF the chassis before placing the whole assembly on the ground. I think it will cause unwanted stress on some chassis points and cause it to flex/bend. Would you agree?

Regd 160PCD, even TATA safari has a 160 PCD, 5 bolt pattern. But if you asking with ref to large tyres and alloyz combo then I think you will have a problem.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 17:02   #10
BHPian
 
LKCRUISERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colombo
Posts: 71
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Bolero Load Carrier 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Dear Sean,

I just had a thought, why isnt the engine/GB taken OFF the chassis before placing the whole assembly on the ground. I think it will cause unwanted stress on some chassis points and cause it to flex/bend. Would you agree?

Regd 160PCD, even TATA safari has a 160 PCD, 5 bolt pattern. But if you asking with ref to large tyres and alloyz combo then I think you will have a problem.
Chassis was bent already due to collision. If in tact yes would be a good idea.

Was not able to post further progress will do soon.
LKCRUISERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:23   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Unimog

Hi Sean,

Please do post a few pics of the UNIMOG (54) and the Grand Wagoneer (IIRC).

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4 GoSlow 4x4 Vehicles 182 20th August 2014 15:28
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4 ranjithrnath Commercial Vehicles 9 17th February 2013 02:11
Roof-mounted luggage carrier / roofbox /cycle carrier for Aveo itwasntme Modifications & Accessories 21 4th February 2013 18:39
Bolero SLX 4x4 conversion project desertfox 4x4 Technical 62 20th June 2012 09:41
Bolero Invader 4X2 to 4X4 Conversion inder_s1 4x4 Technical 19 29th November 2009 16:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks