Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 25th July 2011, 19:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Lugnut's Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
The heart of this beast - I had to cut the radiator shroud to fit a larger diameter fan.
Gurus - please advise if the fan shroud needs to cover the fan ? Thanks !
It has to be covered, atleast some portion of it. Get this attended, it help in better cooling performance of the system.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 10:00   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd gone to pick up my Jeep at Milestone after the body rebuild earlier this year (Thread link (Mahindra Classic 2.5L : In Tight New Clothes!)) and, as the driver dropped me to the gate, I saw this white Jeep inside. Thought to myself "Hmmm, tastefully done up Jeep".

Met with the Milestone gang, completed all the delivery paperwork and was giving my Jeep a final once-over before driving off. Suddenly, I hear someone call my name. Looked around, don't see a familiar face. Then, this dude walks up and says "Hi, I'm Manu...your classmate from Don Bosco". HOLY COW! We meet after nearly 20 years in, of all the places, a Jeep workshop. What are the chances??!! Best part is, we're meeting after 2 decades. Yet, after 1 or 2 questions (barely) on each other's lives, we start checking out each other's Jeeps

Manu, you have a beautiful Jeep. Now, don't modify her anymore (I know what you've been thinking). Reliability should be your top priority. BTW, did you finally put the speaker boom box to use?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Great looking jeep! this is no less than a new jeep, I liked the color. The best part is the interiors, can you please tell me more about the hard top you have done on this JEEP, I really liked the interiors and the speakers arrangement, I will do that on my fella.
The hard top is fabricated in light steel. It's not detachable and we decided to go for fit windows in the rear, mounted flush with the body-line - very similar to the rear window of a hatchback (glued to the body).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Milestone ?? Where is this??

I know Mr. Rodricks as he is the guy who modifies 4-wheelers for physically challenged peoples. Never knew he is in JEEP stuff too. I knw he operates from a place in Bhoiwada...is this Milestone garage??
Yup - as Gogi bhai said that's the one. He's an avid Jeeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Now that is some transformation That jeep could easily stand out in the crowd & how !! Kudos to the builder & to the owner.

Enjoy !!!
Truly appreciate the note - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I'm already picturing how this white jeep is gonna look all covered in mud! Mouth watering!!!
A beautiful sight - in her element. Mouth watering indeed - I can imagine it smeared in mud, and grunting for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Manu, you have a beautiful Jeep. Now, don't modify her anymore (I know what you've been thinking). Reliability should be your top priority. BTW, did you finally put the speaker boom box to use?
Thanks Rush ! - no more mods
The boom box is a queued project - will be putting it to use once the rains cease.
lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
It has to be covered, atleast some portion of it. Get this attended, it help in better cooling performance of the system.

Spike
Gotcha - I haven't been able to find a shroud of the right size as yet - thinking I'll get it fabricated.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Good job!!

What material is that rear side window? Is it glass? If might be an issue during offroading as the chassis flex in that area is quite pronounced and the window takes up most of that area.

Unless it is engineered well I suspect it will last the flex forces acting on it.
A concern I share too. The windows are toughened glazed glass mounted on some kind of rubbery glue.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lugnut,

Thats a handsome looking Jeep. Surely, coming out of Mr. Ferdi's place it also should be a performer like GTO's, Classis.

All the best and man Happy and Safe miles.

Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 20:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Lugnut,

Thats a handsome looking Jeep. Surely, coming out of Mr. Ferdi's place it also should be a performer like GTO's, Classis.

All the best and man Happy and Safe miles.

Regards,
Inspired no less by your white Jeep sir!