Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 30th November 2012, 21:08   #166
BHPian

Default Re: JEEPS of the Charminar offroad club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Dear Sir,
Should we laymen infer from your technical jargon filled sentence that partial turbo (somewhat similar to turbo fitted in M&Mís DI engine) can be fitted and used successfully in XD3P engine? Of course considering that engine would be loaded to 30% of its capability.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Raja saab, the present scorpio turbo itself produces just enough boost , di s turbo is just for emissions , its useless, i would personally feel going for vnt turbo would be superb like what i have done with my low bonnet jeep , 60 to 100km in top gear in 4 seconds.We also fitted the scorpio waterpump to the xd3p to counter heating issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
Well I was asking about the "how" of things, not questioning the reliability. :-) Anyway, this seems like a good way of increasing the XDP's power for people who don't want to go for a transplant...
Fortunately there are no issues , Behram sir has personally looked into the engine bay of the turbo 550. Golden words from the master, if the crank is weak , dont launch , that is dont rev more and launch the jeep, be smooth , that will suffice
Frankenstein is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 15:59   #167
BHPian

Default Re: JEEPS of the Charminar offroad club

Great Looking Jeeps Fazil Sir. Those High lift jack s look good on the Front. Can you share some more pictures on them .
The tail lamps are just Superb.
Geje is offline   Reply With Quote